What to do when things seem to be falling apart?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tanes25

New

What to do when things seem to be falling apart??

Post by tanes25 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 am

Hello, does anyone ever feel like everything is starting to crumble? Recently everything has seemed to fall apart for me. RC is still cool but the other two sections are shot! I performed best on LG but not recently. I've stopped PT and actually took a break to make sure it wasn't burnout but I'm still struggling. I came back and scored really bad on an LG section. I went -2 on LG last night but I'm not getting excited just yet. I was afraid to touch RC but it seems to be fine. I'm still afraid to touch LR because idk if I can take it if I fail miserably. I also feel like I'm burning PT. Of course, I can go in super hard and kill BR but I still think it's a waste of PT. Anybody have any words of advice? TIA

pricon

Bronze

Re: What to do when things seem to be falling apart??

Post by pricon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 am

I wish I did, man. Sounds like you're struggling with mental games. Life throws things at you that just require states of mind to overcome. It's just impossible to help people directly find an appropriate state. Sometimes in life we are alone in our struggle to overcome, not out of malice but rather necessity. Success comes to those who don't give up.

Have you considered postponing the LSAT to give yourself more time to get creative with these challenges?

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 am

Yeah, I've postponed. I guess only time will tell what's to come if this mess. Thx!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 am

This happened to me last week. I got a score on a PT that I haven't gotten since March. It ruined my week and seriously made me doubt whether the LSAT or even law school was the right choice for me. I took a day off, got my mind right and went back at it. Now I'm back to normal, scored 175 yesterday, ready for next week.

Sometimes all it takes is digging deep, but if you honestly, truly feel like postponing is the best choice then it's the best choice. Just make sure you did it not out of impulse but out of necessity.

sillymints7962

New

Post by sillymints7962 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Sounds like you need a break. :/

YinFireHare

New

Post by YinFireHare » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:23 pm

pricon wrote:I wish I did, man. Sounds like you're struggling with mental games. Life throws things at you that just require states of mind to overcome. It's just impossible to help people directly find an appropriate state. Sometimes in life we are alone in our struggle to overcome, not out of malice but rather necessity. Success comes to those who don't give up.

Have you considered postponing the LSAT to give yourself more time to get creative with these challenges?
This is beautiful. 100% agree

"Success comes to those who don't give up."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”