What's the longest you've heard someone study for the LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Re: What's the longest you've heard someone study for the LSAT?

Post by tuna_wasabi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:16 pm

foodlaw wrote:
tuna_wasabi wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:I just can't believe that someone could just bang out a 170 without studying. Like I refuse to believe it. Even if I saw it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.
A friend got 175 cold from the LSAC diagnostic test.... and he's going to med school. The MCAT prep probably made LSAT look like a walk in the park.
Idk.. isn't the MCAT a knowledge based test? I think the LSAT requires a different type of thinking
I think he's used to doing 8+ hours of practice for the MCAT so LSAT didn't seem too bad in comparison. Stamina and a natural knack in logic games helped a lot.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:00 pm

I wouldn't believe someone who got a 165 cold let alone a 175.

somebodyelse

New

Post by somebodyelse » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Mikey wrote:I've heard of people studying for like 2 years, some a little more.

I've been studying for a year and like 9 months. I'm sick of this test too, I know how you feel lol. Can September 16th get here any faster??

I think the shortest I've heard of someone studying though, who I actually know is a month, and they ended up getting a 170.
What score are you aiming for/would be content with and stop studying? Out of curiosity. I've been studying for around 5 months and am hoping that September is the end of it all, can't imagine over a year - that's some impressive dedication.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:52 pm

somebodyelse wrote: What score are you aiming for/would be content with and stop studying? Out of curiosity. I've been studying for around 5 months and am hoping that September is the end of it all, can't imagine over a year - that's some impressive dedication.
I'd be content with a 168, but the higher the better. Anything below a 168 I will retake.

in all honesty, the year and a half is truly just a year because the first half I didn't take it seriously, but did do prep which was mostly for LG during that first half.

somebodyelse

New

Post by somebodyelse » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Mikey wrote:
somebodyelse wrote: What score are you aiming for/would be content with and stop studying? Out of curiosity. I've been studying for around 5 months and am hoping that September is the end of it all, can't imagine over a year - that's some impressive dedication.
I'd be content with a 168, but the higher the better. Anything below a 168 I will retake.

in all honesty, the year and a half is truly just a year because the first half I didn't take it seriously, but did do prep which was mostly for LG during that first half.
Gotcha, good luck on the September test. Hopefully no one has to retake lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:13 pm

somebodyelse wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Gotcha, good luck on the September test. Hopefully no one has to retake lol.
lol thanks, good luck to you too!

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:08 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:I wouldn't believe someone who got a 165 cold let alone a 175.
Me too. At first I thought it was a glitch in the answer key :P Turns out it's for real. Now if only he could take my test.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 pm

tuna_wasabi wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:I wouldn't believe someone who got a 165 cold let alone a 175.
Me too. At first I thought it was a glitch in the answer key :P Turns out it's for real. Now if only he could take my test.
Your avi is making me hungry

Andersblooms93

New

Post by Andersblooms93 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi OP hope this helps.
I've been studying since June of this year. I'm planning on taking the September 2018 LSAT.
My cold diagnostic was a 150. My current PT is at 160 (158, 160, 162, 160).
I'm treating this as a full-time job till September 2018 (because of a medical condition I'm at home with my parents getting medical treatment and studying LSAT otherwise I'd have to work part-time! I guess that's my silver lining haha).
I'm fully expecting a 170+ and I think a year is sufficient to do this. I'm putting in as little as 2 hours a day up to 6 hours a day (i've had a few 7 hour stints). On average i'm doing 20 hours/week. Doing an online course and have the bibles ready for next month when i'm done with the course.
That being said...I do have a plan B (if I really f*** up) i'd take the December 2018. My rationale has always been: LSAT largely determines law school which in turn largely determines career etc. It's like the upside down pyramid..the pointed top is the damn LSAT!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pricon

Bronze

Post by pricon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 pm

foodlaw wrote:
Mikey wrote:I've heard of people studying for like 2 years, some a little more.

I've been studying for a year and like 9 months. I'm sick of this test too, I know how you feel lol. Can September 16th get here any faster??

I think the shortest I've heard of someone studying though, who I actually know is a month, and they ended up getting a 170.
2 years? That's dedication!

Same, ready to have a score on the table.
Or procrastination

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:28 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
tuna_wasabi wrote:
Your avi is making me hungry
It's a reminder of how weekends should be, without LSAT.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”