10 point gain in 4 weeks--advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
studystudystudy

New

10 point gain in 4 weeks--advice

Post by studystudystudy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:18 am

So, 151 on PT 75 and PT 70 on last Monday and Saturday. Only thing consistent I have on what I'm missing is that I'm inconsistent and that I'm obviously missing too many. -9 on one LR section, to -14 LR on the next PT. -9 on LG, then -4. I know I need to acclimate to the newer RC difficulty level, or so it seems. I say this because I used (I think) PT56 RC as an experimental section and I only got -7 on it.

I'm currently drilling my weakest LR question types. By far, my worst question types are Flaw and NA. So yes, I'm drilling the crap out of those too. I will be taking 2 PTs a week until we sit for September. I know it's very soon, I'm just looking for any other advice to help push me to a 160 on test day. Plus, I have been BRing consistently around 168 for two months. I know I can do it.

I also have the Ultimate+ package on 7sage, if that information is at all helpful.
Thanks in advance :D

rosieposie12

New

Re: 10 point gain in 4 weeks--advice

Post by rosieposie12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:39 am

Try the LSAT Trainer! It really helped me with LR! Best of luck!

jflaw

New

Post by jflaw » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 am

If you want to see a 10 point gain, it might take more than 2 PT's a week. I personally did 2 a day in the month prior to my test, but I am a crazy person who was a part-time student at the time. I'd be careful about reading too many other guides like the LSAT Trainer at this point. It is a great book, but it is very long and you might just confuse yourself by trying to learn the new techniques and waste valuable time that could be used to take more PT's.

studystudystudy

New

Post by studystudystudy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 pm

jflaw wrote:If you want to see a 10 point gain, it might take more than 2 PT's a week. I personally did 2 a day in the month prior to my test, but I am a crazy person who was a part-time student at the time. I'd be careful about reading too many other guides like the LSAT Trainer at this point. It is a great book, but it is very long and you might just confuse yourself by trying to learn the new techniques and waste valuable time that could be used to take more PT's.

Yeah, with work part time as a legal assistant and school starting up full time next week, I know I won't be able to take that. I'm already fighting to take 2 a week since I'm doing them under very strict timing conditions. What are your thoughts on maybe reading a chapter on flaws and NA? I have the trainer, just didn't get to read through it all since I bought it quite late in my prep and then decided to focus on fool proofing instead.

jflaw

New

Post by jflaw » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 am

studystudystudy wrote:
jflaw wrote:If you want to see a 10 point gain, it might take more than 2 PT's a week. I personally did 2 a day in the month prior to my test, but I am a crazy person who was a part-time student at the time. I'd be careful about reading too many other guides like the LSAT Trainer at this point. It is a great book, but it is very long and you might just confuse yourself by trying to learn the new techniques and waste valuable time that could be used to take more PT's.

Yeah, with work part time as a legal assistant and school starting up full time next week, I know I won't be able to take that. I'm already fighting to take 2 a week since I'm doing them under very strict timing conditions. What are your thoughts on maybe reading a chapter on flaws and NA? I have the trainer, just didn't get to read through it all since I bought it quite late in my prep and then decided to focus on fool proofing instead.
I'd read as much as you feel necessary. If you are really struggling with a type of problem, sure, skim that section. Just make sure you're reading because its teaching you something, not because you feel like its the only way to improve your score. If you've already read other supplements like powerscore or worked with 7sage material, your gains from reading the entire trainer is probably going to be less than the gains you get from taking more tests. With that said, make sure you are taking enough time to analyze your practice tests, if you're getting something wrong you need to ask yourself why. That's the most important part, learning from your mistakes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”