Suggestions for Improvement for Sept. LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
drpepperfanatic

New

Suggestions for Improvement for Sept. LSAT?

Post by drpepperfanatic » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been struggling with studying for the LSAT for a while now. After reviewing the Logic Games and Logical Reasoning books twice, the LSAT Trainer twice, the Blueprint online course (and all of the hw + practice drill sets), and hours of tutoring, I'm still scoring between 157-168. Most PTs are around a 161. (I've had one each at 164, 165, 166, 167 and 168). I'm taking 1-2 PTs on the weekend with timed sections during the workweek. I've taken about 17 PTs.

In the past two months or so, I have made notebooks for each of the sections, cataloging errors and reasons why answers choices are wrong/right, but I'm a bit terrified that all of this hasn't "clicked" for me yet, and I'm aiming between a 169-171 on test day.

My section breakdowns are:

LG -- -1-6
RC -- -5-8
LR -- -8-12

I'll be taking two weeks off before the test (thank god for PTO) and will probably PT heavily with rest days in between during that time. I've just purchased the Manhattan LR to see if it might help. Clearly, something isn't going quite right in my methods/routine. Do any of you have any suggestions for improvement between now and next month? Thanks so much!

mcat4life87

New

Re: Suggestions for Improvement for Sept. LSAT?

Post by mcat4life87 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:30 pm

drpepperfanatic wrote:Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been struggling with studying for the LSAT for a while now. After reviewing the Logic Games and Logical Reasoning books twice, the LSAT Trainer twice, the Blueprint online course (and all of the hw + practice drill sets), and hours of tutoring, I'm still scoring between 157-168. Most PTs are around a 161. (I've had one each at 164, 165, 166, 167 and 168). I'm taking 1-2 PTs on the weekend with timed sections during the workweek. I've taken about 17 PTs.

In the past two months or so, I have made notebooks for each of the sections, cataloging errors and reasons why answers choices are wrong/right, but I'm a bit terrified that all of this hasn't "clicked" for me yet, and I'm aiming between a 169-171 on test day.

My section breakdowns are:

LG -- -1-6
RC -- -5-8
LR -- -8-12

I'll be taking two weeks off before the test (thank god for PTO) and will probably PT heavily with rest days in between during that time. I've just purchased the Manhattan LR to see if it might help. Clearly, something isn't going quite right in my methods/routine. Do any of you have any suggestions for improvement between now and next month? Thanks so much!
What was your diagnostic score? How long have you been studying? What does your section breakdown typically look like? (EDIT: LOL I missed this.) What types of problems on LR give you trouble? Rate your conditional logic ability from 1 to 10.

drpepperfanatic

New

Re: Suggestions for Improvement for Sept. LSAT?

Post by drpepperfanatic » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

157. Prepped for the September 2016 exam from Feb. 2016 (with tutor)-test day. Cancelled. Started again in March 2017 with Blueprint, finished the course and am prepping on my own. Strengthen/weaken/sufficient and necessary assumption/flaw questions give me the most trouble. I've drilled them in the past, but I haven't seen much improvement.

Idk about scaling my "conditional logic ability from 1 to 10." :shock:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”