Last Month Improvements Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kiklavan

Bronze

Last Month Improvements

Post by kiklavan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Re: Last Month Improvements

Post by LesPaul1995 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:02 am

kiklavan wrote:Is it possible to bump my 162 to a 170 by the September LSAT? I started studying June 1st. Diagnosed at 154.
Right now I'm at about 18/23 in LG 20/27 in RC and 39/50 on LR.
My best advice would be to truly stop thinking about your score, and think about the relationship between the skills you currently have and what skills are required of you to increase that score. Make a word document or a notation of what you are plateaued on and what you most likely are able to extract more points from by test day. It may very well be that after you review throughly a LG section that you notice you are failing to infer enough on if questions, or reading too much for structure in LR and not carefully reading answer choices.

This type of thinking is not only more important than thinking in terms of MEASUREMENT of your skill (score), but this thinking is most likely required if you really want to raise your score by test day to the degree you seek. Since you are close to September, I would lay out exactly what your strengths are, and more specifically what you can most improve at. Be real with yourself, and frankly at this point put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. focus on strengths > weaknesses). It's not that it would be a fools erand to try and entirely fix broad weaknesses, but it's likely more effective to actually focus on what your good at already and try to figure out the little that you are missing to get a few more correct in that section than trying to solve broad weaknesses.

lemonlacroix

New

Re: Last Month Improvements

Post by lemonlacroix » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:47 am

LesPaul1995 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Is it possible to bump my 162 to a 170 by the September LSAT? I started studying June 1st. Diagnosed at 154.
Right now I'm at about 18/23 in LG 20/27 in RC and 39/50 on LR.
My best advice would be to truly stop thinking about your score, and think about the relationship between the skills you currently have and what skills are required of you to increase that score. Make a word document or a notation of what you are plateaued on and what you most likely are able to extract more points from by test day. It may very well be that after you review throughly a LG section that you notice you are failing to infer enough on if questions, or reading too much for structure in LR and not carefully reading answer choices.

This type of thinking is not only more important than thinking in terms of MEASUREMENT of your skill (score), but this thinking is most likely required if you really want to raise your score by test day to the degree you seek. Since you are close to September, I would lay out exactly what your strengths are, and more specifically what you can most improve at. Be real with yourself, and frankly at this point put all your eggs in one basket (i.e. focus on strengths > weaknesses). It's not that it would be a fools erand to try and entirely fix broad weaknesses, but it's likely more effective to actually focus on what your good at already and try to figure out the little that you are missing to get a few more correct in that section than trying to solve broad weaknesses.
^^ I couldn't agree more with all of this.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”