How to get consistent? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
april_ludgate

Bronze

How to get consistent?

Post by april_ludgate » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:48 pm

I'm planning on taking the September LSAT, started studying in June. First diagnostic was in low 160s, almost entirely due to LG (only got through 2.5 games); my LR and RC were like -3 and -2. Worked through the LG bible then started drilling PTs over and over for the past few weeks. Now I keep bouncing between getting in the low 170s and the mid/high 170s, almost entirely dependent on if something I get in the LG section throws me and I don't finish in time. I just got the game type training (volume 1; can someone explain why it seems like you can only get volume 2 for hundreds of dollars??) and am working through it. Is there anything more I should be doing to get consistent in LG other than just doing games over and over again? Is there another book that can teach me more than the LG bible? Should I bother getting a tutor for a session or two just for this reason? Is the month left enough time to get consistent? Thanks in advance if you read through all that lol I really appreciate it.

Platopus

Gold

Re: How to get consistent?

Post by Platopus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 pm

Platopus wrote:If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend watching all the 7sage videos for LG immediately after you complete the game (available for free on Youtube). 7sage does an excellent job of working through each game, and has an overall different approach to LG than Powerscore, which you may find helpful.

If it's any consolation, my scores bounced around a bit too. I would hit a 177 and my next test would be a 170, or I would hit 175's back to back, only to get struck down by a 171. In the end, I hit my average of 173, so it worked for me.
Thank you so much! I had no idea about 7sage videos, that's super helpful. And yeah, today I got a 178 but yesterday a 171. I'm tired of this emotional rollercoaster!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:31 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:51 am

I have similar issues with LG consistency and I'm finding it really helpful to work through the Fox Logic Games Playbook (its pricey but only like $50 as opposed to hundreds).

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:39 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:I have similar issues with LG consistency and I'm finding it really helpful to work through the Fox Logic Games Playbook (its pricey but only like $50 as opposed to hundreds).
I'd never looked into that book before! I think I'll get it, seems worth it. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”