Best way to drill LR Cambridge sets? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
King of the North

Bronze

Best way to drill LR Cambridge sets?

Post by King of the North » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 pm

So I've gone through and reviewed the basics of LR in the LSAT Trainer. I've now moved on to learning LG, but of course I want to drill LR alongside LG. I have access to all the Cambridge LR questions and all the PT, or most of them anyway. I want to start my daily studying each day by drilling LR, then reviewing then studying LG. What's the best way for me to do this? There are so many LR questions types. One thought I had was to do 5 questions from 10 different question types each day, so that it totals out to 50 questions, or the equivalent of 2 LR sections. And I'll just cycle through each day and do 5 from each, of course beginning from the level 1 difficulty questions and making my way up. But I don't know if that's productive. I don't know if I should stick to one - two type of questions for a few days at a time, focusing on really drilling those and then moving on to other questions types, or if another strategy would be more beneficial. Any advice guys? I'd really appreciate it.

tanes25

New

Re: Best way to drill LR Cambridge sets?

Post by tanes25 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:33 am

King of the North wrote:So I've gone through and reviewed the basics of LR in the LSAT Trainer. I've now moved on to learning LG, but of course I want to drill LR alongside LG. I have access to all the Cambridge LR questions and all the PT, or most of them anyway. I want to start my daily studying each day by drilling LR, then reviewing then studying LG. What's the best way for me to do this? There are so many LR questions types. One thought I had was to do 5 questions from 10 different question types each day, so that it totals out to 50 questions, or the equivalent of 2 LR sections. And I'll just cycle through each day and do 5 from each, of course beginning from the level 1 difficulty questions and making my way up. But I don't know if that's productive. I don't know if I should stick to one - two type of questions for a few days at a time, focusing on really drilling those and then moving on to other questions types, or if another strategy would be more beneficial. Any advice guys? I'd really appreciate it.
You'll probably get various approaches for this. I've always drilled the sets by question type only but this was after completing a full LSAT course. I didn't drill until I started PT and could determine the question types that were giving me issues. I didn't really have a set number of questions I just drilled until I was no longer missing any. I would normally start at the 3 difficulty and go from there. If you haven't started PT I think you should take a few questions from each question type and see which ones give you trouble. Then you can focus on one or two question types at a time. It might be too much to try to tackle all question types at once. I wouldn't rush to move on to different question types until you are not missing any and you know why the 4 AC are wrong and the correct AC is correct. Are you familiar with blind review? It's normally done after a PT but you should take the BR approach when you are drilling. Do not score your questions until you've completed BR. BR will tell you whether you understand the task for the question type and if your strategy is correct.

King of the North

Bronze

Re: Best way to drill LR Cambridge sets?

Post by King of the North » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 am

tanes25 wrote:
King of the North wrote:So I've gone through and reviewed the basics of LR in the LSAT Trainer. I've now moved on to learning LG, but of course I want to drill LR alongside LG. I have access to all the Cambridge LR questions and all the PT, or most of them anyway. I want to start my daily studying each day by drilling LR, then reviewing then studying LG. What's the best way for me to do this? There are so many LR questions types. One thought I had was to do 5 questions from 10 different question types each day, so that it totals out to 50 questions, or the equivalent of 2 LR sections. And I'll just cycle through each day and do 5 from each, of course beginning from the level 1 difficulty questions and making my way up. But I don't know if that's productive. I don't know if I should stick to one - two type of questions for a few days at a time, focusing on really drilling those and then moving on to other questions types, or if another strategy would be more beneficial. Any advice guys? I'd really appreciate it.
You'll probably get various approaches for this. I've always drilled the sets by question type only but this was after completing a full LSAT course. I didn't drill until I started PT and could determine the question types that were giving me issues. I didn't really have a set number of questions I just drilled until I was no longer missing any. I would normally start at the 3 difficulty and go from there. If you haven't started PT I think you should take a few questions from each question type and see which ones give you trouble. Then you can focus on one or two question types at a time. It might be too much to try to tackle all question types at once. I wouldn't rush to move on to different question types until you are not missing any and you know why the 4 AC are wrong and the correct AC is correct. Are you familiar with blind review? It's normally done after a PT but you should take the BR approach when you are drilling. Do not score your questions until you've completed BR. BR will tell you whether you understand the task for the question type and if your strategy is correct.
That makes sense, thanks. I know a few question types that I AM good at, but I need to figure out which ones I'm not good at and focus on those for now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”