Should I replace goal of -0 for LG with goal of -1 for each RC and LR? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RSolano

Bronze

Should I replace goal of -0 for LG with goal of -1 for each RC and LR?

Post by RSolano » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:05 am

I always read that logic games was the most learnable and predictable section that you should eventually reach -0 on consistently. But after the LG bible, tons of drills and now starting trainer I'm still no where near! Averaging 167 with -5 to -8 on LG, it almost seems more likely that I'd reach near perfect on LR and Rc now If I focus on speed and focus. Taking September exam. Advice?

LG makes me so nervous because no matter how many I do I still occasionally have a single game totally ruin a section (ie PT 77 logic game 3). One girl on 7 sage said that game singlehandedly was the reason she delayed her law school apps a year lol what to do?!

AJordan

Silver

Re: Should I replace goal of -0 for LG with goal of -1 for each RC and LR?

Post by AJordan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:38 am

Goal priority focus may help you. You seem to have this thought that you can only do one of these two things.

Recommended reading: "Grit" by Angela Duckworth
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:42 am

Stop complaining about games and learn them. Keep practicing. Do them over and over. I could teach a 10 year old child how to go -0 on games if they wanted to work at it.

Stop complaining and focus on learning.

JFO1833

Bronze

Post by JFO1833 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:53 am

Some thoughts here:

1. I agree logic games offer the most opportunity for growth but points are points. If you can get more points by applying more resources to LR/RC then do that.

2. Even if you are perfect on all known logic games you still could face an unexpected game on the day of the exam. I took June 14 and faced that crazy game 4 which was totally off the wall. If you don't have unlimited time, don't neglect LR/RC to get to -0 on known logic games because there could be an unknown. That said - hopefully you'll have the time you can put real effort into everything and don't have to choose.

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm

grades?? wrote:Stop complaining about games and learn them. Keep practicing. Do them over and over. I could teach a 10 year old child how to go -0 on games if they wanted to work at it.

Hahahaa appreciate the tough love. Will do! Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 pm

AJordan wrote:Goal priority focus may help you. You seem to have this thought that you can only do one of these two things.

Recommended reading: "Grit" by Angela Duckworth
Damn you're right I should be aiming for both

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:14 pm

JFO1833 wrote:Some thoughts here:

1. I agree logic games offer the most opportunity for growth but points are points. If you can get more points by applying more resources to LR/RC then do that.

2. Even if you are perfect on all known logic games you still could face an unexpected game on the day of the exam. I took June 14 and faced that crazy game 4 which was totally off the wall. If you don't have unlimited time, don't neglect LR/RC to get to -0 on known logic games because there could be an unknown. That said - hopefully you'll have the time you can put real effort into everything and don't have to choose.

Lets hope six weeks is enough for at least one of the two if not both!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:20 pm

RSolano wrote:

FWIW all of my gains in games came during two separate "breakthroughs". The first came about a month into my studies when I stopped going -10+, and the second didn't come until about 3 weeks before I took the test, which put me at -0/-1 on most PTs. It took months of drilling and 7sage review but things just clicked one day and I never really looked back (except for going -2 on the June test due to a stupid mistake). Odds are if you keep drilling games you will see your breakthrough before September.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:41 pm

grades?? wrote:Stop complaining about games and learn them. Keep practicing. Do them over and over. I could teach a 10 year old child how to go -0 on games if they wanted to work at it.

RSolano

Bronze

Post by RSolano » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
RSolano wrote:

FWIW all of my gains in games came during two separate "breakthroughs". The first came about a month into my studies when I stopped going -10+, and the second didn't come until about 3 weeks before I took the test, which put me at -0/-1 on most PTs. It took months of drilling and 7sage review but things just clicked one day and I never really looked back (except for going -2 on the June test due to a stupid mistake). Odds are if you keep drilling games you will see your breakthrough before September.

That's helpful to know thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”