Finished the Bibles and want advice for going forward. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Liberal Theory

New

Finished the Bibles and want advice for going forward.

Post by Liberal Theory » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Hey to all of you who have already taken the LSAT and nailed it;

I mainly DIRELY NEED expert tips on how to speed up my LG's. I need to literally cut my time in half by September 16. More concrete info below for those who don't mind helping me.

I officially worked through, read, annotated and reviewed all 3 of the Powerscore Bibles as of a few days ago. I began studying in mid May so I took longer than I should have probably, but during that time I worked on several PT's to track my progress. I got a crushing 144 on the June LSAT, I studied and re took it a month later and got a 151. Another month later (or about a week ago) shortly before wrapping up the Bibles I took PT B (SuperPrep) and got 151. Disappointed, I finished and today officially started my routine of PT 3x a week.

Today I only did PT C and got a 160. I only took the 4 section version (and no essay) however, but all other conditions were simulated to the test day. Blind reviewed after doing it.

I know I will get better on RC snd LR with time but my LG game was as horrible today as before I began to study. I only got through two of the games before time, the only difference between two months ago and now being I miss way less questions. I know I can hit my 165+ goal if I just increase speed, but with September creeping fast I fear I won't hack my goal the first time. (Of course I was going to retake anyway later.) Even if I PT 3x a week I would still only have about 20 PTs under my belt- less than ideal.

I struggle the most with LG and I have always been averse to numerical problems, so for those of you who also struggled- how did you do it?

*Also how many of you suggest doing the 5 section PT and/ or essay? I plan on doing both but about 3 weeks out from test day. I wanna pull my scores up before putting my mind's stamina through the ringer.

JazzOne

Gold

Re: Finished the Bibles and want advice for going forward.

Post by JazzOne » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Drill, baby, drill! And give yourself plenty of time. Timed drills are good, but so is untimed review.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”