Are the Powerscore Workbooks necessary? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Atomvseve

New

Are the Powerscore Workbooks necessary?

Post by Atomvseve » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:01 am

I know everyone recommends the Bibles for LG, but has anyone used the corresponding workbooks? Would you recommend it?

presidentspivey

Bronze

Re: Are the Powerscore Workbooks necessary?

Post by presidentspivey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:37 am

Do you have 7sage? That's the best way to get targeted drilling material and would probably make the PS Workbooks redundant (I haven't used them though).

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Not necessary, at all.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Atomvseve wrote:I know everyone recommends the Bibles for LG, but has anyone used the corresponding workbooks? Would you recommend it?
I would say that I see far more people on here recommending 7Sage for LG, and they're right. JYs LG explanations are a must in my opinion, and they can be found for free on youtube if you do not want to pay for one of his online courses. With regards to the other 2 Powerscore books, I found the LR bible mildly helpful, and the RC bible a waste of time. But everyone learns different so find what works for you and stick with it.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:37 pm

MercW07 wrote:
Atomvseve wrote:I know everyone recommends the Bibles for LG, but has anyone used the corresponding workbooks? Would you recommend it?
I would say that I see far more people on here recommending 7Sage for LG, and they're right. JYs LG explanations are a must in my opinion, and they can be found for free on youtube if you do not want to pay for one of his online courses. With regards to the other 2 Powerscore books, I found the LR bible mildly helpful, and the RC bible a waste of time. But everyone learns different so find what works for you and stick with it.
For RC, I prefer Manhattan Prep's book over the PS Bible. I don't have any experience with the workbooks though.

cornell2020

New

Post by cornell2020 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 pm

I found that the PowerScore LG Bible was really helpful (although it seems like nonstandard games, i.e. outside the scope of the Bible, are increasingly the standard), but I did not use the workbook. I found that the best approach for me was to read about a particular problem type in the Bible and then practice that problem type a lot (using problems straight from PrepTests), reviewing them carefully and checking my work with 7sage's free LG solutions videos. I think it's really important to develop core skills in logical and spatial reasoning to cope with problems that don't fit neatly into the PowerScore system, so I think it might be a good idea to look at the relevant parts of the Trainer as well.

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 pm

I think I'm in the minority in that I really like The Trainer for LG, even moreso than the LG Bible, but also agree that watching at the very least the 7sage YouTube videos is a must. I don't think the workbooks are necessary if you can find access to compilations of questions by type (which I believe 7sage has).

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:07 am

Nope- I would rather buy more PTs or the drill by type books PS has to offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:03 am

Hells nah.

7sage IS THE WAY TO GO BABY

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Another member of Team 7sage/Trainer checking in.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”