Improving for the September Test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
YAPAlex

New

Improving for the September Test

Post by YAPAlex » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello,

I am planning on taking the September LSAT. I was PTing around 150, however, after a bit of drilling LG and LR sections using Powerscore and the Trainer, I bumped up to 157 last night.

-9 RC, -8 LR, -9 LR, -6 LG. I couldn't figure out how to set up the last game.

I was wondering if it's possible for me to hit 167 by Sept? I have a 3.7 GPA, and I'm trying to get into Cornell, Fordham, etc. for NYC biglaw.

If anyone can give me study tips or anything I'd much appreciate it. I was planning on taking as many PTs as I can and reviewing them sufficiently by Sept.

Platopus

Gold

Re: Improving for the September Test

Post by Platopus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YAPAlex

New

Post by YAPAlex » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:54 am

Platopus wrote:10+ points might be a tall order for September, but congrats on the progress so far. A 165+ is definitely within reach with enough time.

For LG:
I highly recommend 7 sage videos. Personally, I think they are more intuitive for grouping games, and really help visualize a good set up
https://www.youtube.com/user/7sagelsat

For LR:
The key is to keep drilling. I would probably stop doing timed sections at this point. You really want to be able to go -0/-1 UNTIMED before you start hitting them timed. It seems pedantic, but really it helps you understand the material.

RC:
Experiment with different approaches. I found most books to be useless. I did best by reading really slow and doing no notation. However, this is what worked for me. Change up your approach if it doesn't seem to be working for you.

For PT's you'll really want to spend the majority of your time on review.
Thanks for the response! Do you think I should just start drilling sections then? What about timed/Untimed PTs? I really don't want to retake in Dec. And I am free all day to study until late August (school starts). So, I'm just trying to get a feel for what I need to do to really maximize my score until then.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”