Tips on Prepping for a competitor Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
illsueyou

New

Tips on Prepping for a competitor

Post by illsueyou » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 pm

I'm planning on taking the June 2018 LSAT which gives me a little under a year to study. I've set my goal to get a 175+ not to meet t-14 requirements but to prove to myself that I can do it. I've never been a good standardized test taker (took the ACT 3 times... scored 24,27,34 after studying nearly a year again). I've just finished half of Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer in a week and increased my initial "cold turkey" exam from a 146 to a 164 with logical reasoning being my weakest section. Does TLS recommend I review the first half of the book again to make sure I grasped everything or just continue with the rest of the book. I have also purchased all exams, powerscore bibles, official LSAT superpreps, and kaplan test prep books. Thanks.

Asst2theRegManager

New

Re: Tips on Prepping for a competitor

Post by Asst2theRegManager » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm hoping to test June 2018 as well. How long have you been studying for?

illsueyou

New

Post by illsueyou » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Asst2theRegManager wrote:I'm hoping to test June 2018 as well. How long have you been studying for?
About a month. Average about 2.5-3 hours a day.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:27 pm

illsueyou wrote:
Asst2theRegManager wrote:I'm hoping to test June 2018 as well. How long have you been studying for?
About a month. Average about 2.5-3 hours a day.
Waaaaay too much for 1 year out - you'll burn out if you keep that up. I'd definitely ratchet that down a lot

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Are you pushing hard now because of summer break and wanting to get everything under your belt and then do maintenance during the year? If you think you can maintain 3 hours a day for a year, kudos. If not, what's your plan? The biggest red flag I see at the moment is if you maintain this you may burn through all your PTs before the year is up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

illsueyou

New

Post by illsueyou » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Experiment626 wrote:Are you pushing hard now because of summer break and wanting to get everything under your belt and then do maintenance during the year? If you think you can maintain 3 hours a day for a year, kudos. If not, what's your plan? The biggest red flag I see at the moment is if you maintain this you may burn through all your PTs before the year is up.
I'm stacking majority of my studying during the summer because I'm a division 1 student athlete for a major college and I'm considered a key player.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:42 pm

illsueyou wrote: I'm stacking majority of my studying during the summer because I'm a division 1 student athlete for a major college and I'm considered a key player.
So, just wondering, have you only done 1 full PT since your diagnostic? It wouldn't hurt to review things but have you put your PTs through an analytical tracker like 7sage so that you can drill down to the question types you're missing? Have you looked at the ones you got wrong and figured out why you picked the AC you did instead of the correct one?

Please take the above statement without any elitist tone, I know it may come across that way via text, without knowing your full background it's hard to say what might help you and what will not.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”