20 point jump in 4 months? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mtn1995

New

20 point jump in 4 months?

Post by mtn1995 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:59 pm

So I'm currently working through the first chunks of Powerscore's LGB and LRB. When I took the LSAT untimed, I scored a 155; when I took it timed, I scored a 145. At this point, I need a 165 and am going to take the December LSAT.

However, what I was wondering was how I should go about making sure that I can maximize the next four months of studying? There's just so many study guides out there that I feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm currently following Powerscore's four month study plan, but I know I could benefit from approaches from a variety of other study guides as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

caramelizedgod

New

Re: 20 point jump in 4 months?

Post by caramelizedgod » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 am

mtn1995 wrote:So I'm currently working through the first chunks of Powerscore's LGB and LRB. When I took the LSAT untimed, I scored a 155; when I took it timed, I scored a 145. At this point, I need a 165 and am going to take the December LSAT.

However, what I was wondering was how I should go about making sure that I can maximize the next four months of studying? There's just so many study guides out there that I feel a bit overwhelmed. I'm currently following Powerscore's four month study plan, but I know I could benefit from approaches from a variety of other study guides as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
I would finish the bibles in the next month and then do pt + br. Pinpoint the question types you are struggling on and then drill those. Continue pt + br until test day.

You havent told us of your schedule/ if you're working but a 155 -> 165 imo is p simple.

mtn1995

New

Post by mtn1995 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:26 am

caramelizedgod wrote:
mtn1995 wrote:So I'm currently working through the first chunks of Powerscore's LGB and LRB. When I took the LSAT untimed, I scored a 155; when I took it timed, I scored a 145. At this point, I need a 165 and am going to take the December LSAT.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
I would finish the bibles in the next month and then do pt + br. Pinpoint the question types you are struggling on and then drill those. Continue pt + br until test day.

You havent told us of your schedule/ if you're working but a 155 -> 165 imo is p simple.
My schedule isn't too busy, thankfully. I can devote 30-40 hours of studying a week to the LSAT, but I'm not sure if that's overkill.

caramelizedgod

New

Post by caramelizedgod » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:14 pm

mtn1995 wrote:
caramelizedgod wrote:

Any suggestions? Thanks!

My schedule isn't too busy, thankfully. I can devote 30-40 hours of studying a week to the LSAT, but I'm not sure if that's overkill.
Honestly if ur schedule isnt too busy then you really should be aiming much higher. Itll be better for u in terms of motivation and also for your prospects. I don't see why you couldnt top 170 with 4 months of studying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”