How much work to put in to increase LSAT scores? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PearsonSpecterLitt

New

How much work to put in to increase LSAT scores?

Post by PearsonSpecterLitt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi guys! Pretty new here. I just gave my boss a 2 week notice (!!) so that I can study for the LSAT full time and was wandering how much improvement I could see. I have registered to take the September LSAT.

My diagnostic was at 157 but I'm sitting on a 166. I'm putting in roughly 30 hours a week into studying but I'm hoping to more than double the amount of time.

For those of you that made improvements into the 175 range, how many hours did you typically study per week and for what duration of time? Do you think a 10 point increase in two months is possible? I'm also enrolled in a PowerScore Course and just passed the halfway point so I still don't really know how to answer some of the Q's like parallel flaws or methods. Hoping that once I get past those lessons I'll see improvements.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Re: How much work to put in to increase LSAT scores?

Post by MediocreAtBest » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm not sure that studying 60 hours a week would be beneficial, people can burn out when they're studying 20 hours. Quality over quantity. I did 12-20 hours a week depending on my schedule and mood. I think you can make a 10 point increase but hitting 175 consistently is a different challenge.

Platopus

Gold

Re: How much work to put in to increase LSAT scores?

Post by Platopus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”