Jumping back on the LSAT train Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CoGar

New

Jumping back on the LSAT train

Post by CoGar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 am

Took my first attempt in Sept 2016 and did alright but looking to improve by a few points in order to offset my lackluster GPA. The thing is its approaching a year since I've even thought about a single aspect of the test and feel I've forgotten almost everything.

For those of you who have taken a good bit of time off, how was it getting back into the groove? Did you experience "muscle memory" or was it an uphill battle to get your gains back? probably going to dive back into the LSAT Trainer for a couple weeks then take a diagnostic to see where I am....

Any other advice would be great!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: Jumping back on the LSAT train

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:14 am

Muscle memory is a thing (I took off 4 months, and my first PT back was a new personal best), but I think it all comes down to consistency. If you can't consistently put in time once you start back, you probably won't see the gains that you want.

Alive97

Bronze

Post by Alive97 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 am

You'll get back to where you were fairly fast. It's just a matter of banging out PTs (and reviewing them, of course).

CoGar

New

Post by CoGar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:20 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Muscle memory is a thing (I took off 4 months, and my first PT back was a new personal best), but I think it all comes down to consistency. If you can't consistently put in time once you start back, you probably won't see the gains that you want.

Thanks, yeah I'm not too worried about getting the time in, I know I'll find it. Guess i'm more worried I'll spend too much time getting back to my old baseline.... Then again I did TestMasters before and wasn't exactly thrilled with it. So i'm excited to see where a more personalized approach takes me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”