4th Retake worthwhile? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
diasybao

New

4th Retake worthwhile?

Post by diasybao » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:35 am

I'm an international student and the lsat is non-disclosed in Asia, which is very hard for me to review.

I took Feb and Dec test in 2016, scored 161 and 167 each, then I took the June test in 2017, scored 166, I'm so depressed with this score because my average pt score is 175+, I'm really wondering whether I should take the 4th test because I don't think 167 is my best performance, however, after 3 try, I'm too frustrated and not confident enough.

Anyone with same experience? Please share with me and give me some advice, so much thanks!!!!!!!

darthlawyer

Bronze

Re: 4th Retake worthwhile?

Post by darthlawyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 pm

those scores are great. try again, wont hurt you.

sanzgo

New

Post by sanzgo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

never give up brah

schools besides hys don't really care about # of takes. go cop that 170

gargleblaster

Bronze

Post by gargleblaster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:04 pm

yes

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:28 pm

diasybao wrote:I'm an international student and the lsat is non-disclosed in Asia, which is very hard for me to review.

I took Feb and Dec test in 2016, scored 161 and 167 each, then I took the June test in 2017, scored 166, I'm so depressed with this score because my average pt score is 175+, I'm really wondering whether I should take the 4th test because I don't think 167 is my best performance, however, after 3 try, I'm too frustrated and not confident enough.

Anyone with same experience? Please share with me and give me some advice, so much thanks!!!!!!!
You've got to have a handle on what's hampering you on test day. Do you know what it is? If yes and if it can be dealt with, then deal with it first and only then take again. You would be spinning wheels otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 am

I am in the same situation as you, just with lower scores.

I took Sep 2016: canceled. Dec 2016: 158 and June: 163 (Asia)

Before June test day I can PT 170+ with an average 166-7. I felt so good on the test day. I was thinking a 170ish or at least 165+.

163 was a disappointment. I don't know if the rule change give us some hope or indecisiveness. For me, whether to take Sep is more about whether I still have the willpower. I don't know yet.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:07 am

definitely hit that retake, especially if you don't have a numerical gpa or if you have a bad gpa

diasybao

New

Post by diasybao » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:18 am

freekick wrote:
diasybao wrote:I'm an international student and the lsat is non-disclosed in Asia, which is very hard for me to review.

You've got to have a handle on what's hampering you on test day. Do you know what it is? If yes and if it can be dealt with, then deal with it first and only then take again. You would be spinning wheels otherwise.
Thanks for answering, this is exactly what I worried about, I have no idea what's went wrong in the real test, actually I felt pretty good....I can only take the 2017 Dec test and still want to apply in this cycle, maybe UMN, WUSTL or Emory, I'm wondering if I got the Dec score, whether it is too late for me to apply to some higher-ranking school, so many thanks for your advice!

diasybao

New

Post by diasybao » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:23 am

daiff wrote:I am in the same situation as you, just with lower scores.

Before June test day I can PT 170+ with an average 166-7. I felt so good on the test day. I was thinking a 170ish or at least 165+.

163 was a disappointment. I don't know if the rule change give us some hope or indecisiveness. For me, whether to take Sep is more about whether I still have the willpower. I don't know yet.
Will you apply in this cycle? Sep test has already be registered out in China, so my guess if I want to retake, I would take the Dec test, no idea whether it is too late....and also I think Sep test maybe too quick for me, I still want to have some break time from the lsat :( :( It is too stressful to take it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:19 am

diasybao wrote:

Will you apply in this cycle? Sep test has already be registered out in China, so my guess if I want to retake, I would take the Dec test, no idea whether it is too late....and also I think Sep test maybe too quick for me, I still want to have some break time from the lsat :( :( It is too stressful to take it.

I am DEFINITELY apply this cycle no matter what. I applied last year with my 158 and was only accepted in 1 school I'm not going. And this is my second gap year after college. My life has been on hold. So I can wait no more!!

Sep is full in Hongkong and there is no other center in China. I am on the Hongkong waitlist. I heard if you are on waitlist, you are guaranteed to get a spot on the test day, just in another location near the test center. (like LSAC will open new center to accommodate all of us on waitlist)

For me, I have exhausted all PT twice. So what I'm thinking is the short interval could maintain my performance since June. What I am concerning is I'm occupied in family business and no idea how long it takes before I can get back to my desk.

If you can afford to wait, then you have the option to wait until you are ready. And Dec. score can be used for this cycle too. I am sure you know that.
Keep the good work.

diasybao

New

Post by diasybao » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

daiff wrote:
diasybao wrote:

I am DEFINITELY apply this cycle no matter what. I applied last year with my 158 and was only accepted in 1 school I'm not going. And this is my second gap year after college. My life has been on hold. So I can wait no more!!

Sep is full in Hongkong and there is no other center in China. I am on the Hongkong waitlist. I heard if you are on waitlist, you are guaranteed to get a spot on the test day, just in another location near the test center. (like LSAC will open new center to accommodate all of us on waitlist)

For me, I have exhausted all PT twice. So what I'm thinking is the short interval could maintain my performance since June. What I am concerning is I'm occupied in family business and no idea how long it takes before I can get back to my desk.

If you can afford to wait, then you have the option to wait until you are ready. And Dec. score can be used for this cycle too. I am sure you know that.
Keep the good work.
yep... I also don't like the feeling of waiting....hope you can ace the Sep test, it is really a drain on test takers' patience. Do you have telegraph account or wechat? I hope to follow your application and check you with some school-choosing issues.

daiff

New

Post by daiff » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:04 am

yes I'll PM you my wechat.

And I just received a LSAC email that says I am off the waitlist and been assigned to the Hongkong test center. A lot faster than I'd expect.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”