Hopeless at LG! Panicking Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CourtnieCrutchfield

New

Hopeless at LG! Panicking

Post by CourtnieCrutchfield » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Hey,

I've been studying since April using 7sage, my cold PT score was 157, missing ~10 LG questions. Well, now it's JULY and I've improved in every other section except LG. And September is around the corner, so I'm kind of panicking.

For Stats, I'm a PR/AA URM, terrible GPA from an Ivy, looking at local NY/NJ schools, not fussed about a T14, but very concerned about $$. To make up for my GPA even for Seton Hall or Fordham I need to improve my score from my current 162 but it's not happening.

Advice? Local tutor reccs? I'm at my wit's end.

TastyMango

New

Re: Hopeless at LG! Panicking

Post by TastyMango » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:08 pm

I used the Powerscore Logic Games bible myself. Make sure you understand diagramming completely and are able to recognize the various types of games quickly.

Make sure that you are able to actually do the logic games correctly before focusing on speed. Do logic games without timing yourself until you are able to more or less ace every section. Then start speeding up - but don't try to immediately do it in 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Give yourself 12 minutes. Once you can do it in 12, go down to 11, then 10 etc. Once you start getting to low timepoints you dont need to ace every question, but you should definitely be able to finish every question.

Whenever you get a question wrong find out why the correct answer is correct. Then ask yourself *why* you got the question wrong. Was it because you forgot or misinterpreted a rule? Was it a mistake in your diagramming? Just a stupid oversight?

More then any other section logic games requires drilling. Use practice tests. Look up questions online. The point is to drill as much as possible.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by TastyMango on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Is there a game type you're missing most? Or is just missed questions all over the place?

ltowns1

Silver

Post by ltowns1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:37 am

CourtnieCrutchfield wrote:Hey,

I've been studying since April using 7sage, my cold PT score was 157, missing ~10 LG questions. Well, now it's JULY and I've improved in every other section except LG. And September is around the corner, so I'm kind of panicking.

For Stats, I'm a PR/AA URM, terrible GPA from an Ivy, looking at local NY/NJ schools, not fussed about a T14, but very concerned about $$. To make up for my GPA even for Seton Hall or Fordham I need to improve my score from my current 162 but it's not happening.

Advice? Local tutor reccs? I'm at my wit's end.

Please don't give up! I was you in terms of my despair on logic games lol. I'm lying...I was worst than you in terms of your score on lg. I got very accurate by simply asking myself what must be true. Assuming your diagraming is pretty solid, just try to think about that, and that alone. Look for inferences by seeing if there are any type of variables that repeat within the rules. Make it really easy on yourself too! Like someone else said, go do some untimed games with the intent of understanding what must be true for each rule of the game. Liteterally, go down each rule and try to make a deduction from it. If you can't think of anything from one rule, go to the next. Of course, when you do see a variable overlap with another rule, you really wanna focus on that. Keep it real simple. I promise you will improve.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”