Note taking when going through prep books? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
reedm

New

Note taking when going through prep books?

Post by reedm » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:14 am

I know everyone has their different way of studying, but I just wanted to get some ideas/insight on how others work through the prep books. I have the Trainer, LRB and LGB. I've gone through the Trainer and have taken extensive notes in a notebook, as well as in the actual book, made flash cards, completed the drills, etc. It takes me awhile to get through a lesson because I'm taking so many notes in the notebook and just wanted to see how everyone else has gone through them and how long it typically should take? Any ideas or advice?

Also- the Trainer's LG section was harder for me to understand than the LGB. Should I still go through it in addition to the LGB?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Re: Note taking when going through prep books?

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:45 am

I didn't really take notes. When I first started studying I tried to, but then I realized I was writing too much stuff and wasting time. The only thing I wrote down after that was sufficient vs. necessary indicators/assumptions and after a week or so didn't need it. But different things work for different people. I used the LGB in combination with the free 7sage videos and that worked fine for me, can't speak on the Trainer.

tanes25

New

Re: Note taking when going through prep books?

Post by tanes25 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 am

reedm wrote:I know everyone has their different way of studying, but I just wanted to get some ideas/insight on how others work through the prep books. I have the Trainer, LRB and LGB. I've gone through the Trainer and have taken extensive notes in a notebook, as well as in the actual book, made flash cards, completed the drills, etc. It takes me awhile to get through a lesson because I'm taking so many notes in the notebook and just wanted to see how everyone else has gone through them and how long it typically should take? Any ideas or advice?

Also- the Trainer's LG section was harder for me to understand than the LGB. Should I still go through it in addition to the LGB?
The LSAT Trainer was a great source for me. Everything was helpful but I pretty much skimmed through the LG stuff. I also takes notes. It seems like you take more though because I write everything on flashcards only. I take those flashcards to work with me the next day and go over them over and over. I also like to take flashcards related to whatever I'm drilling at the point. Not really sure how long it took because I was using 7 Sage prior to picking up The LSAT Trainer so I didn't need to write as much. I just wrote stuff that jumped out to me, something that provided a different perspective or something that just totally clicked in a way that it hadn't during my previous studies. If you started taking notes it's probably because you know you've benefited from note taking in the past. I say keep it up. You probably won't use or even need everything you've written but it doesn't hurt. I say keep chugging along as you are.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”