Best LSAT Prep? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Pidgeon

New

Best LSAT Prep?

Post by Pidgeon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I took the June LSAT and didn't do nearly as well as I had anticipated (153). While I felt like I put a good amount of time into studying, I realized close to my exam date that I wasn't too happy with the progress I had made with the methods I decided to use. I used LsatMax and a few Kaplan resources. I also bought the full length practice exams from LSAC and a few other books with "tips and tricks." I've never had the break from full-time course work to buckle down to study and being that I'm in the middle of a 16 credit summer and going into a 15 credit fall I want to find a solid method thats going to be worth the serious effort I'm going to have to put in to bump my score up a good 10 points by the September LSAT. I'm between TestMasters and Blueprint right now. Is one of those options better than the other or are there any other programs that might give me a better shot?
Thanks in advance.

tanes25

New

Re: Best LSAT Prep?

Post by tanes25 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 am

Pidgeon wrote:I took the June LSAT and didn't do nearly as well as I had anticipated (153). While I felt like I put a good amount of time into studying, I realized close to my exam date that I wasn't too happy with the progress I had made with the methods I decided to use. I used LsatMax and a few Kaplan resources. I also bought the full length practice exams from LSAC and a few other books with "tips and tricks." I've never had the break from full-time course work to buckle down to study and being that I'm in the middle of a 16 credit summer and going into a 15 credit fall I want to find a solid method thats going to be worth the serious effort I'm going to have to put in to bump my score up a good 10 points by the September LSAT. I'm between TestMasters and Blueprint right now. Is one of those options better than the other or are there any other programs that might give me a better shot?
Thanks in advance.
Hello, I would suggest 7 Sage and The LSAT Trainer. The cheapest 7 Sage pkg is less than $200 and The LSAT Trainer is around $50-$60. Go to a bookstore and check out the book to see if it's your style or Google. There are a few free sections from the book available online and 7 Sage has a 14 day money back guarantee. You can join 7 Sage free to see how you'll like the community. Both recommendations are full course self study sources. If you don't have access to all PT I would go with 7 Sage and pick a pkg that offers them. Read carefully because all pkgs do not include all PT. If money is no issue pick up both. Lots of ppl using 7 Sage use The LSAT Trainer to reinforce or gain a different perspective on things. They work really well together.

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:33 am

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

detwings123

New

Post by detwings123 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:41 am

I can definitely say that 7Sage ultimate+ was worth it for the question bank and access to every PT question explained. JY has a beautiful way of teaching and making the test more approachable. I won't lie that the cheapest version provides the same curriculum as the starter package, but the amount of info and amount of time you get access to 7Sage in the ultimate+ is beyond worth it especially if trying to improve dramatically.

cornell2020

New

Post by cornell2020 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:04 am

Pidgeon wrote:I took the June LSAT and didn't do nearly as well as I had anticipated (153). While I felt like I put a good amount of time into studying, I realized close to my exam date that I wasn't too happy with the progress I had made with the methods I decided to use. I used LsatMax and a few Kaplan resources. I also bought the full length practice exams from LSAC and a few other books with "tips and tricks." I've never had the break from full-time course work to buckle down to study and being that I'm in the middle of a 16 credit summer and going into a 15 credit fall I want to find a solid method thats going to be worth the serious effort I'm going to have to put in to bump my score up a good 10 points by the September LSAT. I'm between TestMasters and Blueprint right now. Is one of those options better than the other or are there any other programs that might give me a better shot?
Thanks in advance.
I mostly relied on The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim and the PowerScore Bible for the section I was initially weakest on (logic games). I also found 7sage's free videos of logic game solutions quite helpful. I think it took me a few weeks to work through the Trainer, then a couple more to go through the Bible alongside plenty of practice problems and 7sage's video solutions. I spent the last couple weeks of my prep on taking practice tests. I found this approach to be affordable and effective.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”