The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

littlewing67

Silver

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Guys I'm taking C2 tomorrow (don't tell me anything about it) and can I just say that if my score is a 166 again and the last 3 months of studying post-Sep. have done nothing for me..... I might die :roll:
I predict a 170+ 8)
If there was a heart emoji, I would send you it. :)

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somethingElse

Gold

Post by somethingElse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 pm

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:51 pm

That moment when your family members tell u to stop studying. Like...do u not understand this is life

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm

PrezRand wrote:That moment when your family members tell u to stop studying. Like...do u not understand this is life
making logic game diagrams is life

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:37 pm

my brain feels like mush. some1 send help pls.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 am

Mikey wrote:
PrezRand wrote:That moment when your family members tell u to stop studying. Like...do u not understand this is life
making logic game diagrams is life
Lmao. what our lives have been reduced to

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Right now the plan is to ED to Gtown and have the app in right after Thanksgiving.

If I don't get in, I'd have to write new essays because it woudln't look good to recycle the ones I used this year. Writing them again is something I don't want to do...
I've been so tempted to apply ED somewhere rn with my current numbers but in the back of my mind I know I personally can't justify paying sticker. for me it would be a bad move since I'd pay everything (tuition and COL) via loans. Hoping my December score can get me into some top schools with decent money! :) would have to take our loans for COL regardless but hopefully I can get a discount on that tuition some where :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

edit: also, have you done any of the optional essays?? I just did mine today! I chose the simple but fun "give us your top ten list" lol
Sorry for slight MIA. Was dealing with a case of food poisoning.

Yea, basically all my essays are done. Just finishing up my Why X for them and off it goes. I did the mistake one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:45 pm

kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Not to sound negative, but have any of you who are set on T14 considered what you might do if you don't hit your score as noted above on the poll? Sit out this cycle?

Last month anxiety is getting to me, mixed with the fact that I don't think I can stomach the LSAT for another second let alone 2 months
Well, I'm not aiming for T14 because I'm doing school part time. Georgetown is my #1 and if I don't get into them I SHOULD get in to GW as long as I'm above a 165... But I am on the fence for if I want to delay my cycle a year for a better shot at Georgetown. I'm just concerned with how cycles will be after this one with the whole GRE thing...
Just apply this year and if you don't get in apply early next year! It's not like applying twice would hurt you. Idk why I'm not that worried about the GRE making a huge difference, but I know what you mean.
Right now the plan is to ED to Gtown and have the app in right after Thanksgiving.

If I don't get in, I'd have to write new essays because it woudln't look good to recycle the ones I used this year. Writing them again is something I don't want to do...
Haha I've been dreading this too tbh. But honestly you'll probably just need to include something about your new work experience, if anything. I don't think it's a big deal to keep most of it the same.
Same job I've had the last 3 years unless I get a promotion. Not much can really be added to my resume after 12 years...

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Not to sound negative, but have any of you who are set on T14 considered what you might do if you don't hit your score as noted above on the poll? Sit out this cycle?

Last month anxiety is getting to me, mixed with the fact that I don't think I can stomach the LSAT for another second let alone 2 months
Well, I'm not aiming for T14 because I'm doing school part time. Georgetown is my #1 and if I don't get into them I SHOULD get in to GW as long as I'm above a 165... But I am on the fence for if I want to delay my cycle a year for a better shot at Georgetown. I'm just concerned with how cycles will be after this one with the whole GRE thing...
Just apply this year and if you don't get in apply early next year! It's not like applying twice would hurt you. Idk why I'm not that worried about the GRE making a huge difference, but I know what you mean.

Haha I've been dreading this too tbh. But honestly you'll probably just need to include something about your new work experience, if anything. I don't think it's a big deal to keep most of it the same.
Same job I've had the last 3 years unless I get a promotion. Not much can really be added to my resume after 12 years...
Sorry I for some reason seem to think everybody is a recent grad like me. I would just resubmit the same thing then. It defies common sense for them to expect anything else

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:45 pm

When people are getting decisions left and right and you’re all :( :oops: :cry: :?

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:59 pm

LG from PT 74 is my worst nightmare.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

barcafan202

New

Post by barcafan202 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Last edited by barcafan202 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 pm

MercW07 wrote:LG from PT 74 is my worst nightmare.
Sounds like I'm doing PT 74 as drills this week since it's been 5 months since I looked at that test!

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Just got a 168 on PT74, a nice rebound after the 163 on Saturday. But I echo everyone saying fuck LG this section. I’m pretty confident I went perfect on the first 3 games but I’m doubtful I got a single one right outside of the list Q on G4.
barcafan202 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:LG from PT 74 is my worst nightmare.
Games 3 and 4 made me wonder how I did well on LG in the early PT's...new games are so unpredictable
I found G3 not so bad if you made a few templates with or without the white carpet, in different numerical formations. But the second and third games took such a goddamn long time that there was NO chance I could do G4 in ~5 minutes.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 pm

At this point I'd take UVA/UT/Duke/Vandy at the full tuition price over studying more :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

barcafan202

New

Post by barcafan202 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Last edited by barcafan202 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heluvsme23

New

Post by Heluvsme23 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker over here. I appreciate this thread so much! I am also planning to take the LSAT in December, but I am not so sure right now. I am still struggling with logic games. I have been trying to do the 7sage fool proof method by making multiple copies of a game and working on it until I feel confident. I have done approximately 34 games thus far. My problem is when I see a game for the first time I can't seem to get -0 on any of them. When I take a preptest, I consistently get -1/-2 each game and my timing sucks. The only solution that I can think of is adding a new game to the packet everyday? Before, I would work on the same 5/6 games in my folder before adding any new ones in. Maybe if I add a fresh game everyday or every other day it would help me to not get so stuck? I don't know. Any tips/suggestions on prepping for LG would be greatly appreciated!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

Heluvsme23 wrote:Hey Guys,

Long time lurker over here. I appreciate this thread so much! I am also planning to take the LSAT in December, but I am not so sure right now. I am still struggling with logic games. I have been trying to do the 7sage fool proof method by making multiple copies of a game and working on it until I feel confident. I have done approximately 34 games thus far. My problem is when I see a game for the first time I can't seem to get -0 on any of them. When I take a preptest, I consistently get -1/-2 each game and my timing sucks. The only solution that I can think of is adding a new game to the packet everyday? Before, I would work on the same 5/6 games in my folder before adding any new ones in. Maybe if I add a fresh game everyday or every other day it would help me to not get so stuck? I don't know. Any tips/suggestions on prepping for LG would be greatly appreciated!
I think adding a new game a day would work.

LG is my best section (although I mess up sometimes) and I went -2 in September (but have hit multiple -0's on fresh tests) so take my advice with a grain of salt if you will. What I did was do new games, yes, but I used kind of like a tweaked version of the fool proof method. What I did:

1. do an LG section with a stopwatch. it's good to see how long it takes you to do games, but if I went over 35 mins I would keep going and just finish the section

2. if I went over 35 mins AND/OR went -1 on any game in that section, I printed out the entire section and did it either the next day or 2 days after. I would keep doing that until I went -0 on that section and was under 35 mins.

3. repeat a million times

the point was to force myself to be quicker even though the material wasn't new and I was able to just practice seeing how rules play out together, inferences, how to approach questions, etc. also by doing this, it allowed me to just know that I can finish LG in under 35 mins (even if the ones I was doing were repeats), but nonetheless was able to eventually do LG with time left and going like -0 to like -3 consistently.

also a tip for timing, which in my opinion is kind of important for LG is to not check every single answer choice. Once you find the right answer, move on. it's a risk but it's a risk you should take. if you watch 7sage vids, J.Y. himself even emphasizes this, and I too think it is important. the only exception I think for this would be miscellaneous games in which its kind of weird so maybe you should go through each AC and maybe POE but for all normal games you need to pick and move on!

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Question. Do you guys ever see a dip in your score on tests that have a -9 curve? I get that the difficulty is supposed to be equal on each test but my worst scores are those with tight curves & I’m wondering if that’s just me

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 pm

kiklavan wrote:Question. Do you guys ever see a dip in your score on tests that have a -9 curve? I get that the difficulty is supposed to be equal on each test but my worst scores are those with tight curves & I’m wondering if that’s just me
You prob get the same number of questions wrong on every test. Lets say you go -11 on average. That would you put you a ~+/-4 range that can take you out of 170 and into high low 170s. so typically on the tighter curves your overall score will be lower. I think thats pretty common even though the tighter curves are supposed to be "Easier" exams. Also depending on which section is the harder or easier one and where your strenghts lie a harder LR you may get 1 more wrong but if LG is easier youll get 1 more right & then you are still even. The scale can tilt either way, obviously. besides a crazy RC out of left field LR is pretty consistent for most people and LG too. Even RC besides a really bad day is a tight range.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Question. Do you guys ever see a dip in your score on tests that have a -9 curve? I get that the difficulty is supposed to be equal on each test but my worst scores are those with tight curves & I’m wondering if that’s just me
You prob get the same number of questions wrong on every test. Lets say you go -11 on average. That would you put you a ~+/-4 range that can take you out of 170 and into high low 170s. so typically on the tighter curves your overall score will be lower. I think thats pretty common even though the tighter curves are supposed to be "Easier" exams. Also depending on which section is the harder or easier one and where your strenghts lie a harder LR you may get 1 more wrong but if LG is easier youll get 1 more right & then you are still even. The scale can tilt either way, obviously. besides a crazy RC out of left field LR is pretty consistent for most people and LG too. Even RC besides a really bad day is a tight range.
Thank you!! Makes sense. I’ve heard that I should be focusing on how many I miss rather than my score, I just always thought I should be gauging it based on how difficult the test was.

I missed 10 today on my last fresh PT..... and the curve was -9. :|

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Last edited by 239840 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 pm

kiklavan wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Thank you!! Makes sense. I’ve heard that I should be focusing on how many I miss rather than my score, I just always thought I should be gauging it based on how difficult the test was.

I missed 10 today on my last fresh PT..... and the curve was -9. :|
No problem mate! And yeah I just worry about how many I miss. that -10 area is def frustrating because you feel like you are doing worse when you are really arent (Just on the cusp of clear 17x Land) but just focus on progressing. I wouldnt stress difficulty level in that overall sense too much. ITll just cause you a headache. I feel like a lot of people in this thread have also mentioned that they get the same amount of questions wrong regardless. It makes more sense too to make your goals based on sections and how many you get wrong.. You know that for 17x you need to be LG -0-2 and so forth. And thats how I gauge. If i usually score -2 in LR and went -5 then i did poorly. If I somehow still managed to score well enough because I made up for it by going -0 in another section or something, so be it, I lucked out, but something still went wrong in that LR section.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”