The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

sodomojo

Bronze

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by sodomojo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:15 am

MercW07 wrote:After reading through both the June and September waiter threads Im predicting a ridiculously hard LG for Dec. The sentiment seems to be that both were pretty easy so were definitely due for something a bit more challenging. Also, it seems as though the June and September had hard RC, but that may just be because RC has progressively gotten more challenging in general.
Having just taken September and read all the guesses as to section difficulties beforehand, I've come to realize that making pre-game predictions is absolutely pointless. Because honestly, is three straight exams with one section being relatively easier that much of an anomaly? Is four? Where's the line? I dunno. That's a serious question - curious what others think.

People always talk about stretches of past exams with easier LG or harder RC for example, but are big variations in section difficulties from test to test within these stretches also that much of a certainty?

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 am

Checking in, though I think I may run thin on prep material :(

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:27 am

Anyone else thinking of going for test #4 just because why the hell not with the LSAC policy change?

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Platopus wrote:
LittleCrab wrote: Anyone have any idea if old preptests are good for LG? I did 42-81 already and I'm not sure going so far back into p30s is useful for LG.

Also if anyone don't mind sharing their thoughts on timing for LG....

Thanks! *cries in help*
Yes, the old tests are especially useful since they have a number of "odd" games that force you to implement the basics of diagramming and pushing out rules. In my opinion, some of the old games are the most useful for studying LG.
Glad to hear that! I was worry my only option left was to re-do all the LG sections, thanks!

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Checking in. Has anyone taken at the International Trade Center in DC, and know what that test center is like?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SMA2017

New

Post by SMA2017 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 pm

chewinggum wrote:Checking in. Has anyone taken at the International Trade Center in DC, and know what that test center is like?
No, but I'm curious about this too. Registered for Dec at Howard, but now reading that the desks are tiny like Georgetown. I think the ITC is fairly new as a test center, can't remember if it was even an option for this weekend's LSAT.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 pm

SMA2017 wrote:
chewinggum wrote:Checking in. Has anyone taken at the International Trade Center in DC, and know what that test center is like?
No, but I'm curious about this too. Registered for Dec at Howard, but now reading that the desks are tiny like Georgetown. I think the ITC is fairly new as a test center, can't remember if it was even an option for this weekend's LSAT.
I don't remember seeing it when I registered for September. Either way, I just registered there. You could always check it out and change test centers if you don't like it

I reallyyyyyy liked Marymount but they're full

trafalgar

New

Post by trafalgar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 pm

chewinggum wrote:
SMA2017 wrote:
I don't remember seeing it when I registered for September. Either way, I just registered there. You could always check it out and change test centers if you don't like it

I reallyyyyyy liked Marymount but they're full
I know this is a little bit outside of DC, but NVCC Springfield campus wasn't a bad location at all when I took the test yesterday. We took it in a nicely size classroom and plenty of room to spread out.

vikingrunner

New

Post by vikingrunner » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Took PT 21 after a break of not a whole lot of studying other than a few logic games, and got a 170 (including a perfecto on the LG section)...woot. I should probably start going a little faster and get to more recent (and probably more relevant) PTs...maybe do a timed section or two a day so I don't feel like I have to sit down for 2.5 hours and do the whole thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 pm

kiklavan wrote:Sooooo I cancelled my September score because I knew I didn't do my best (& fuck reading comp).

Anyone on this thread want to give me their input on applying this cycle in January after sitting for the December LSAT? How much of a disadvantage is this really?
I'm thinking about the same thing, I googled around and everyone is saying applying with a higher score in January is better than applying with a lower score before the holidays.......I really hope this is true for T14... :|

dietcoked

Bronze

Post by dietcoked » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:10 pm

LittleCrab wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Sooooo I cancelled my September score because I knew I didn't do my best (& fuck reading comp).

Anyone on this thread want to give me their input on applying this cycle in January after sitting for the December LSAT? How much of a disadvantage is this really?
I'm thinking about the same thing, I googled around and everyone is saying applying with a higher score in January is better than applying with a lower score before the holidays.......I really hope this is true for T14... :|
I might be in the same boat as you. Does anyone know how severe the impact will be for splitters especially?

Socratease

New

Post by Socratease » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:21 pm

rideagain wrote:Anyone else thinking of going for test #4 just because why the hell not with the LSAC policy change?
yah, if i bombed september (which is likely the case thanks to RC), december will be #4 for me

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LittleCrab

New

Post by LittleCrab » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:35 pm

dietcoked wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:

I might be in the same boat as you. Does anyone know how severe the impact will be for splitters especially?
We literally are in the same boat.......as a splitter...I been told applying as early as possible is to our advantage compare to applying late in the cycle (limited space, limited money, etc..) ...ToT

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 am

Hello - I will be taking the December test. Took September and didn't do great. Hoping to do much, much better in December. I am new to this website and this forum. Thank you.

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am

dietcoked wrote:For those September retakers - how long are you taking to rest before going full force again? I'm thinking my score will end up being a 165-170 where I wanted it and I know I can get it to be a 171-172+ range. I feel like I need to recharge, but it's really only 2.5 months until the December test. Maybe starting back up again in October?
Started today. Can't waste any time. I started studying in July and really shouldn't have taken the test yesterday but whatever, what is done, is done. I need to hit the ground running if I'm going to be fully prepared and at my peak in December.

ThatOneAfrican

New

Post by ThatOneAfrican » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 am

Tentatively checking in.
Not too sure how I did but doubt it's in the 170 range.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 am

Last edited by kiklavan on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:47 am

I've heard the same thing. I also know of people being admitted to NYU & Columbia in that period. I'm curious about HYS
LittleCrab wrote:

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:16 am

Socratease wrote:
rideagain wrote:Anyone else thinking of going for test #4 just because why the hell not with the LSAC policy change?
yah, if i bombed september (which is likely the case thanks to RC), december will be #4 for me
dude 100% in the same boat; I thought I was crushing September until RC. Oh well. Maybe Spivey would know how schools might look at take #4.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:36 am

rideagain wrote:
Socratease wrote:
dude 100% in the same boat; I thought I was crushing September until RC. Oh well. Maybe Spivey would know how schools might look at take #4.
I thought I was on track for a good score but then got hit with RC and now I'm convinced I got a 120

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:03 am

LittleCrab wrote:
dietcoked wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:

We literally are in the same boat.......as a splitter...I been told applying as early as possible is to our advantage compare to applying late in the cycle (limited space, limited money, etc..) ...ToT
Splitter as well.

Basically what you've already summed up is accurate. It's easier for schools to take a splitter earlier in the cycle. They have their goal metrics set, and once they accept "X" number of students below their goal 25th GPA, they won't take any more. With that being said, if you apply in October with a 170 and a 3.1, I'd almost be willing to bet you'd have a better chance of admission than if you were applying in January with a 171. I don't think there is conclusive proof of this anywhere, but from a pure reporting standpoint it makes sense. (this ultimately depends on which school you are applying to, since some schools a 170 is 50% LSAT, and others it's 25%. For my assumption the 170 and 171 would have to be above 50%).

If you got a 167 however, and have dreams of T14, waiting until January to apply with a 171 is definitely the correct play.

GoingBackToSchool

New

Post by GoingBackToSchool » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 am

twiix wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:
dietcoked wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:

Splitter as well.

Basically what you've already summed up is accurate. It's easier for schools to take a splitter earlier in the cycle. They have their goal metrics set, and once they accept "X" number of students below their goal 25th GPA, they won't take any more. With that being said, if you apply in October with a 170 and a 3.1, I'd almost be willing to bet you'd have a better chance of admission than if you were applying in January with a 171. I don't think there is conclusive proof of this anywhere, but from a pure reporting standpoint it makes sense. (this ultimately depends on which school you are applying to, since some schools a 170 is 50% LSAT, and others it's 25%. For my assumption the 170 and 171 would have to be above 50%).

If you got a 167 however, and have dreams of T14, waiting until January to apply with a 171 is definitely the correct play.

Is there a chance for someone in the 150's to get into a T14? Is it even worth applying for the "just in case" all other areas (LOR, work history, etc) are great?

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 pm

GoingBackToSchool wrote:
twiix wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:
dietcoked wrote:
LittleCrab wrote:

Splitter as well.

Is there a chance for someone in the 150's to get into a T14? Is it even worth applying for the "just in case" all other areas (LOR, work history, etc) are great?
If you had a >75% gpa and had a phenomenal application, were out of school for like 10 years, and were URM, maybe. I don't think there's ever a documented case of it happening though. There's no profiles on LSN that has a <160 that got into the T14.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”