The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

Mikey

Platinum

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by Mikey » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Mikey wrote:Coffee, Music, Harder weaken questions drilling

what a great way to spend my Saturday morning :roll:
6 section LSAT because I didn't realize the PDF I had already had an experimental section built in until I did the experimental I picked and then got to a second LG section...

PT 71- 173

LR-7
LG-0
RC-4

*DEAD*
173 nice!

6 section PTs are nice though. Once you get used to them, you start to avoid fatigue and then a 4 section or 5 section PT feel like jokes. I know someone who did back to back PTs (so, 8 sections) and they thought test day felt like a joke, lol. I've done 6 section PTs before, they're alright and do make you feel like shit after but will help in the long run. I now don't do that though, I just do 4 sections but all straight through with no breaks.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

6 section LSAT because I didn't realize the PDF I had already had an experimental section built in until I did the experimental I picked and then got to a second LG section...

PT 71- 173

LR-7
LG-0
RC-4

*DEAD*
173 nice!

6 section PTs are nice though. Once you get used to them, you start to avoid fatigue and then a 4 section or 5 section PT feel like jokes. I know someone who did back to back PTs (so, 8 sections) and they thought test day felt like a joke, lol. I've done 6 section PTs before, they're alright and do make you feel like shit after but will help in the long run. I now don't do that though, I just do 4 sections but all straight through with no breaks.

Oddly enough, I did better on my 2nd actual LR section than my first. And -4 RC as the last section after all that is amazing in my mind.... I might have to make this what I do for my full run through on Saturdays for getting myself in the habitual mindset for Saturdays.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Holy crap. Has anybody done test #62 yet? Ignoring the generous curve and just focusing on the questions, this is the HARDEST test I have come across.

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:19 pm

kiklavan wrote:Holy crap. Has anybody done test #62 yet? Ignoring the generous curve and just focusing on the questions, this is the HARDEST test I have come across.
PT 62 was my diagnostic, so I don't have much to which to compare it, but I know that two of the games are considered to be among the hardest games.

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Got thrown off with the games on PT 67. Don't know why - I don't think they were actually hard. Time to drill games to get that consistency back! I have mainly been doing LR and RC since September, and so I think I have lost my momentum on the games section recently. Has anyone else had that happen to them after not emphasizing/doing games for a while (or a few weeks)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:08 pm

GnarMarBinx wrote:Got thrown off with the games on PT 67. Don't know why - I don't think they were actually hard. Time to drill games to get that consistency back! I have mainly been doing LR and RC since September, and so I think I have lost my momentum on the games section recently. Has anyone else had that happen to them after not emphasizing/doing games for a while (or a few weeks)?
Yea, I've noticed my speed on games has gone down with only doing two sections a weeks. I'm probably going to start doing a section every other day.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:10 am

239840 wrote:
kiklavan wrote:Holy crap. Has anybody done test #62 yet? Ignoring the generous curve and just focusing on the questions, this is the HARDEST test I have come across.
PT 62 was my diagnostic, so I don't have much to which to compare it, but I know that two of the games are considered to be among the hardest games.
Not even just games though. I found RC & LR really difficult too

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

PT 71- 173

LR-7
LG-0
RC-4

*DEAD*
173 nice!

I think i might throw in some 6 sectioners here and there.. Because I was worn down by sect 5 on the real thing hence my bubbling mishap

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:15 pm

WEE MEEE HAPPYYY. Ok finally got around to drilling the harder set of 40 NA questions (Level 3s from cambridge packets) and I only got one wrong!! And that one wrong was tricky but I can totally see where I fucked up. I'm not saying I'm 100% confident - hell, I'm not even 75% confident in my NA skills. But it's massive improvement and for that I'm psyched. I'm probs going to return to this in a few weeks to try a set of Level 4 questions but I'm going to spend the rest of the day doing the next chapter in Manhattan LR - FLAWWWWSS. Also, going to insert this song here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E36WU9Wzf4

(idk how to post videos s0rry)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 pm

I made a thread about this but figured I may get helpful input in this thread too:

I hope I can get some insight from y'all about this.

I just started working for a tutoring company that does 1-on-1 tutoring for the LSAT (amongst other subjects and tests). After you're hired, the company provides few resources to tutors. I am going to start tutoring someone for the February LSAT who has just begun preparing. Their diagnostic was in the 140s and they want to score in the 160s by February.

I am currently working on a curriculum and gameplan for how to achieve this. We will be meeting 4-6 hours per week in 2 hour sessions, and the student will obviously be doing work outside of the sessions as well. Does anyone have any advice for how to develop the best curriculum possible to help out this student? I'm confident in my understanding of the concepts and have past tutoring experience, but this is a new experience since I have a set amount of time and really want to provide the best experience possible for this student. They already have the Powerscore Bibles and will be buying PTs soon.

Does anyone have links to structured curriculums/study plans that I could customize to meet my student's needs? I didn't have a formal, pre-planned gameplan but I want to provide my student with something somewhat fully-formed. I realize that as a new tutor, I need to go above and beyond to prove my competency, so any constructive advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

sanders12345

New

Post by sanders12345 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Tentative last-minute check in! Anyone know if I can request that admissions not wait until these scores come out? I submitted a while back and want to take the Dec. test more as a potential waitlist/next cycle resource. Some advice would be wonderful, obviously im running out of time to decide whether to register.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:53 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:I made a thread about this but figured I may get helpful input in this thread too:

I just started working for a tutoring company that does 1-on-1 tutoring for the LSAT (amongst other subjects and tests). After you're hired, the company provides few resources to tutors. I am going to start tutoring someone for the February LSAT who has just begun preparing. Their diagnostic was in the 140s and they want to score in the 160s by February.

I am currently working on a curriculum and gameplan for how to achieve this. We will be meeting 4-6 hours per week in 2 hour sessions, and the student will obviously be doing work outside of the sessions as well. Does anyone have any advice for how to develop the best curriculum possible to help out this student? I'm confident in my understanding of the concepts and have past tutoring experience, but this is a new experience since I have a set amount of time and really want to provide the best experience possible for this student. They already have the Powerscore Bibles and will be buying PTs soon.

Does anyone have links to structured curriculums/study plans that I could customize to meet my student's needs? I didn't have a formal, pre-planned gameplan but I want to provide my student with something somewhat fully-formed. I realize that as a new tutor, I need to go above and beyond to prove my competency, so any constructive advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Since you did really well on the LSAT, I would first write out exactly what you did and then fix it up from there.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Anon-e-miss wrote:I made a thread about this but figured I may get helpful input in this thread too:

Since you did really well on the LSAT, I would first write out exactly what you did and then fix it up from there.
Yeah that's what I'm basically doing right now. My biggest concern is that my strategies might not work as much for someone who is starting in the 140s, since my diagnostic was like a 164 or so. However, my plan is to go have them go through each PS Bible (LG then LR then RC) and then assign questions for drilling (i had a list that categorized every LR and LG question/game by type that I found on TLS)
I guess my chief concern is that my strategies were pretty freeform, and I didn't have quite as stringent of a study plan as this student may need

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Anon-e-miss wrote:
Rupert Pupkin wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm basically doing right now. My biggest concern is that my strategies might not work as much for someone who is starting in the 140s, since my diagnostic was like a 164 or so. However, my plan is to go have them go through each PS Bible (LG then LR then RC) and then assign questions for drilling (i had a list that categorized every LR and LG question/game by type that I found on TLS)
I guess my chief concern is that my strategies were pretty freeform, and I didn't have quite as stringent of a study plan as this student may need
Yeah makes sense. I think thats a solid progression but know that they might need more time per question type..Id burn through the LG bible at a faster rate then the LR bible and utilize 7sage videos drilling fool-proof wise. Ik for me, the LG books helped but really eventually learned prob the majority of my skill from just trying the games, watching the videos and then redoing them. And slow down a bit more with LR and focus more so on q-type drilling and review. I think a lot of it depends also on how much time they have to dedicate to it outside of tutoring with you and then you can organize it into a 3 phase study program. Also, depending on their initial starting point timing might be more or less of an issue. If its more of an issue, I would start drilling some sections per week even while learning q-types after they have been studying a couple weeks and complete them on a 40 min or so timeline and then slowly chop that down.

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 pm

After 300+ pages of Manhattan and Fox LR this week and cutting caffeine out, I think I'm getting my swagger back.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Tavorak wrote:After 300+ pages of Manhattan and Fox LR this week and cutting caffeine out, I think I'm getting my swagger back.
Wish this was my progress :/ just not enough hours in a day

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 am

Mikey wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:

PT 71- 173

LR-7
LG-0
RC-4

*DEAD*
173 nice!

I noticed u made a post about drilling question types by difficulty. Where did u get a list broken down by this?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:43 am

PrezRand wrote: I noticed u made a post about drilling question types by difficulty. Where did u get a list broken down by this?
I have a Cambridge LR by type book that I got before they stop selling them. If you go on 7sage's question bank though you can split stuff into question types and it tells you what PTs, section, and # u can find them in.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am

PT 75 today

wooohooo.no.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 am

Experiment626 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:Got thrown off with the games on PT 67. Don't know why - I don't think they were actually hard. Time to drill games to get that consistency back! I have mainly been doing LR and RC since September, and so I think I have lost my momentum on the games section recently. Has anyone else had that happen to them after not emphasizing/doing games for a while (or a few weeks)?
Yea, I've noticed my speed on games has gone down with only doing two sections a weeks. I'm probably going to start doing a section every other day.
This happened to me as well. Went from drilling about 2 hours of games per day to just doing 3 sections of games in a week and I slowly lost my speed and accuracy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lemon_lyman

New

Post by lemon_lyman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Just did PT 40. Did anyone find this PT to be particularly hard? :(

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:25 pm

When you’re at work and you’re counting down the hours so you can resume studying..... I’m actually excited that after December I’m calling it quits on the LSAT.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:32 pm

PT 75 was fucking stupid

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:35 pm

lemon_lyman wrote:Just did PT 40. Did anyone find this PT to be particularly hard? :(
It was my diagnostic. The Zephyr Airlines game sucks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”