The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

lalita

New

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by lalita » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

MindyKale wrote:Hi everyone,

Granted I am doing PTs and drills for practice, but how do I review them? Where do I go for solutions and explanations?
The prep material, Practice tests and such already burnt a huge hole in my pocket. So, any dependable free/cheep material for explanations?
Last edited by lalita on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MindyKale

New

Post by MindyKale » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:23 pm

twiix wrote:

Granted I am doing PTs and drills for practice, but how do I review them? Where do I go for solutions and explanations?
The prep material, Practice tests and such already burnt a huge hole in my pocket. So, any dependable free/cheep material for explanations?
If you want free your best options are :

https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/forums/

https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/
Or would it be worth it to buy the 7sage Ultimate+ ?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm

MindyKale wrote:
twiix wrote:

Are you just looking for the correct answers or actual walk through? I use the 7sage free to grade my sections. Anything that I couldn't figure out on my own after seeing I got a question wrong I was able to get through study buddies. You could even post here and I'm sure people would help. That's the whole point of the study thread. ;-)

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm

For blind review, is it better to print out a fresh copy and BR that way, or is there no harm in BR the same copy. I'm asking because I wonder if I am being influenced by my answer choices that are already there and by the ones I've marked out. But then again, isn't part of the BR process comparing your timed answer choice to your BR answer choice? Am I making any sense? Lol.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

King of the North wrote:For blind review, is it better to print out a fresh copy and BR that way, or is there no harm in BR the same copy. I'm asking because I wonder if I am being influenced by my answer choices that are already there and by the ones I've marked out. But then again, isn't part of the BR process comparing your timed answer choice to your BR answer choice? Am I making any sense? Lol.
I use the same one to check my work if I marked something up. Some people BR the whole test, others BR only the ones they marked that gave them a hard time or they rushed on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:09 pm

MindyKale wrote:
twiix wrote:

I have ultimate+ and it is entirely worth the money. I listed only free sources since you said money was an issue, but if you can fit U+ into your budget, then definitely go for it.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 pm

twiix wrote:
MindyKale wrote:
twiix wrote:

I have ultimate+ and it is entirely worth the money. I listed only free sources since you said money was an issue, but if you can fit U+ into your budget, then definitely go for it.
U+ is absolutely worth the money, but unfortunately if you're planning on taking it in December you will not have enough time to get through the entire program. Took me about 3 months of daily studying. If you're taking for the first time and are planning on retaking in 2018 then Id 100% recommend it.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm

So what is the general consensus regarding untimed PTs? I normally take one PT a week, but I am swamped this week and legit do not have 3 consecutive hours free. I figured instead I could just go through a PT untimed when I had a few free moments here and there and at least stay fresh for next weeks PT. Would it be a total waste of a PT, or should I go for?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm

MercW07 wrote:So what is the general consensus regarding untimed PTs? I normally take one PT a week, but I am swamped this week and legit do not have 3 consecutive hours free. I figured instead I could just go through a PT untimed when I had a few free moments here and there and at least stay fresh for next weeks PT. Would it be a total waste of a PT, or should I go for?
If you're going to do something like that, burn a really old test. When I have a crazy week, I take an older test and drill the sections to time across multiple days so that there's some benefit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
MercW07 wrote:So what is the general consensus regarding untimed PTs? I normally take one PT a week, but I am swamped this week and legit do not have 3 consecutive hours free. I figured instead I could just go through a PT untimed when I had a few free moments here and there and at least stay fresh for next weeks PT. Would it be a total waste of a PT, or should I go for?
If you're going to do something like that, burn a really old test. When I have a crazy week, I take an older test and drill the sections to time across multiple days so that there's some benefit.
Didn't even think of doing that, but thats a great idea. Ill drill for a few days, then dig up some old PT that has been collecting dust on my bookshelf for the last few months lol

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Anybody looking for a partner to do BR? let me know. I think I lost mine after September.
I noticed a lot of improvement by having a study partner. Anyone interested hit me with a PM!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Experiment626 wrote:Seriously. It took like 2 months to go 6 pages and we've gone 3 since the Sept test. 171 more to go!

Ain't that something!

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Changing poll question?
How many times are you willing to take the LSAT?
INFINITI TIMES

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:11 am

Bartlet4President wrote:Changing poll question?
INFINITI TIMES
Yup, Imma write it forever if I have to

MindyKale

New

Post by MindyKale » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:57 am

MercW07 wrote:
twiix wrote:
MindyKale wrote:
twiix wrote:

U+ is absolutely worth the money, but unfortunately if you're planning on taking it in December you will not have enough time to get through the entire program. Took me about 3 months of daily studying. If you're taking for the first time and are planning on retaking in 2018 then Id 100% recommend it.
I paid for the 7sage basic version nad I have been following through the core curicullum. I am debating if an upgrade is worth it.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 am

INFINITI TIMES
I wonder how schools are going to handle several retakes? I'm sure lsac spoke with at least some of the top schools before they made this change so it can't be the worst thing in the world

HarveySpecs

New

Post by HarveySpecs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am

I delayed taking the exam, because I wasn't prepared for the September administration. My highest PT was a 156 :( . I'm having trouble completing the LG section. Grouping games are what get me, I think, and the rule substitution questions especially. I'm going to take in December, obviously. I wanted to know what the best approach for studying is. Like how many hours? How many PTs? I have all of the bibles with the workbooks and question type trainings. I also took a prep course with PowerScore, and they gave me 3 books with 12 lessons in all. I've completed 6 of them. What should my goals be? I really just need a strategy to attack this test and get the best score possible in the next couple of months.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

acceptmeplshys

New

Post by acceptmeplshys » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am

littlewing67 wrote:
acceptmeplshys wrote:Are there any alternative prep sources for people who are completely out of recent LSATs to study with ("fake" tests created by prep companies, or something similar).
I personally would advice against it. There still might be material you can do like A B C, C2 random February tests. I am also out of material except 2 PTs, but I'm going to do all the tests again as PTs. Redoing material you've already done can still be helpful, especially if you can pinpoint the questions you got wrong.

Edit: If you must, Kaplan makes fake questions.
Thanks. Some actual PTs will be so far in the past for me that they will seem fresh, maybe I should just stick to those.

acceptmeplshys

New

Post by acceptmeplshys » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:26 am

chewinggum wrote:
INFINITI TIMES
I wonder how schools are going to handle several retakes? I'm sure lsac spoke with at least some of the top schools before they made this change so it can't be the worst thing in the world
I could be wrong, but wasn't this move just a desperate attempt to mirror the GRE once Harvard made their announcement earlier this year?

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Jumping back in here now that its a little more active, hopefully to keep my on my game. Without getting into specifics this is gonna be my fifth (!) and last take, so if I can do it, so can you. My goal at the beginning of August was to be hitting 170 consistently by the time of the September exam and my last 5 have gone 169/166/173/162 and then 168 today, so I'm close, just not there yet.

I've been moving through the 40s and 50s the past month and a half, then hoping to move from 60-81 in October and November.

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:49 am

Any1 know of any threads that have the LG games grouped by type or difficulty

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

greatspirit

Bronze

Post by greatspirit » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:52 am

PrezRand wrote:Any1 know of any threads that have the LG games grouped by type or difficulty
This is literally exactly what I came to this thread to ask today.

Seconded: anyone know of any threads that have the LG games grouped by type?

Just finished the sequencing games chapter of the LG Bible, and I'd benefit from jumping into drilling a few sequencing games before moving onto the next chapter.

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:56 am

greatspirit wrote:
PrezRand wrote:Any1 know of any threads that have the LG games grouped by type or difficulty

Just finished the sequencing games chapter of the LG Bible, and I'd benefit from jumping into drilling a few sequencing games before moving onto the next chapter.
I don't know about threads, but both 7Sage and the LSAT Trainer's websites have resources that group problems by type. 7Sage appears to group LG both by type and by difficulty. You will need to make a free account on 7Sage if you're not using them as one of your prep resources.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:19 am

greatspirit wrote:

Everything you're looking for can be found via 7Sage. You can sort games by both difficulty and game type.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”