The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

Mikey

Platinum

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by Mikey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 pm

etramak wrote:
Is this the test with the Woody Allen RC passage? That last RC passage (Sowell?) was difficult but I found the rest of test abnormally easy. As for your problem, I too suffer from underperforming by 5-10 points on test day (hence my participation in this thread) and can offer no good advice
yeah those passages lol. I always do well on comp reading so that sowell one wasn't bad.. omfg but judge candor can go eat crap..

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Last edited by kiklavan on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Last edited by Experiment626 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Experiment626 wrote:You really should run your stuff through the 7sage grader so that it can provide the analysis on question types you're missing.
Yeah it's what I mentioned up there - hoping peeps can share how they review these questions bc what I'm doing isn't really working :/

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 pm

clueless801 wrote:Pls everyone share with me how you do and review logical reasoning bc I'm clearly missing something. I used to only use the Trainer, the Cambridge packets, and Graeme's blog/Manhattan LSAT forum - now I'm working with the Manhattan LSAT LR book and the Fox encyclopedia. I got -15 in total for both sections of LR so0o0o0o0 I need help. Drilling and intense reviewing for some reason wasn't helping and I feel like a failure. For what it's worth, I got the first 15 or so questions right for both sections but it all went downhill after that :/
I was reviewing on the Manhattan forum and my LR didn't go too hot. I just ordered the Fox encyclopedia. Do you like it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:You really should run your stuff through the 7sage grader so that it can provide the analysis on question types you're missing.
Yeah it's what I mentioned up there - hoping peeps can share how they review these questions bc what I'm doing isn't really working :/

I'm not sure what you mean. Going back through your posts this is all you mention
clueless801 wrote: I haven't done a more thorough look but it seemed to be kind of all over the place, and it was definitely in the second half of each section. Although, I thinkkkkkk strengthen/weaken/sufficient assumptions are definitely some of the questions i tend to get incorrect more often
This doesn't come across as going having the tracker analyze your performance across multiple tests, or even a single test. If you did, is it you can't figure out why the CR is correct?

181plz

Bronze

Post by 181plz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 pm

im debating joining you crew. I'm happy with my September score but I felt I left a few points on the table.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Experiment626 wrote: This doesn't come across as going having the tracker analyze your performance across multiple tests, or even a single test. If you did, is it you can't figure out why the CR is correct?
I've done it for other exams and it's all over the place though weaken/strengthen/sufficient assumption is more of a problem than most. I thought you were referring to the September exam. But yeah I did put all my PTs through the 7sage tracker. It's also almost always the harder questions that I consistently get wrong - so looking for advice on how to tackle that roadblock. Sometimes I get it BR, most times I don't :/ For the ones I don't get, lots of time I don't get why the CR is correct and whatever explanation I see isn't clicking with me.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Tavorak wrote:
clueless801 wrote:Pls everyone share with me how you do and review logical reasoning bc I'm clearly missing something. I used to only use the Trainer, the Cambridge packets, and Graeme's blog/Manhattan LSAT forum - now I'm working with the Manhattan LSAT LR book and the Fox encyclopedia. I got -15 in total for both sections of LR so0o0o0o0 I need help. Drilling and intense reviewing for some reason wasn't helping and I feel like a failure. For what it's worth, I got the first 15 or so questions right for both sections but it all went downhill after that :/
I was reviewing on the Manhattan forum and my LR didn't go too hot. I just ordered the Fox encyclopedia. Do you like it?
I only just started studying again so I haven't had a chance to actually use it. The set up is a bit odd - the explanation is on the same page as the question. If you get back to me in a few days I can let you know but I bet you'll have your own opinion as well by then haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barry grandpapy

Bronze

Post by Barry grandpapy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Sup

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Barry grandpapy wrote:Sup
Hi :(

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Post by GnarMarBinx » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:22 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Tavorak wrote:
I only just started studying again so I haven't had a chance to actually use it. The set up is a bit odd - the explanation is on the same page as the question. If you get back to me in a few days I can let you know but I bet you'll have your own opinion as well by then haha.
I have the fox book and I love it for drilling questionntypes. I do agree that it's weird that the answer is on the same page as the question. I always try to cover the answer with my hand. Another thing I don't really like is that the font is bolded or something and not written in the same line width as LSAT questions, so even though they're real questions, they read slightly differently. Considering how nitpicky those criticisms are, and that I don't really have any others, I'd definitely say it's a great purchase.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 am

clueless801 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Were there any specific question types that you noticed you got most of your questions wrong in? For me it was mostly weaken and NA questions

I wish I could be more help for LR, I was getting about -2 per LR in practice but ended up -5 and -6 in sept :(
I haven't done a more thorough look but it seemed to be kind of all over the place, and it was definitely in the second half of each section. Although, I thinkkkkkk strengthen/weaken/sufficient assumptions are definitely some of the questions i tend to get incorrect more often
I have a certain approach for strengthen and weaken questions that I learned from a 7sage webinar that really helped me out. It takes practice to get used to it since there are different things to know within the approach but it works. I can PM you the approaches if you want.

SA Qs i love but all I do is connect the premise with the conc, or do that but in contrapositive form. Don't know how much helped I'd be with those though.

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 am

Mikey wrote:
Barry grandpapy wrote:Sup
Hi :(
damn barry, you're doing this for fun aren't you. shouldnt have fucked up with your ID in June :roll:

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Do those of you who use the 7Sage Proctor use a watch when you use it? I tried using it without a watch around this morning and ended up running out of time in my first two sections, so I didn't even get to a few questions in both. I got really frustrated and just stopped the test there. Probably just wasted a practice test, sadly. Makes me feel like I'm not even progressing at all. I'm trying to get used to getting up and taking practice tests early since the December test will start at roughly 9 AM. I may need a morning coffee or something because I felt like I was still a bit drowsy, too. :/

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 pm

239840 wrote:Do those of you who use the 7Sage Proctor use a watch when you use it? I tried using it without a watch around this morning and ended up running out of time in my first two sections, so I didn't even get to a few questions in both. I got really frustrated and just stopped the test there. Probably just wasted a practice test, sadly. Makes me feel like I'm not even progressing at all. I'm trying to get used to getting up and taking practice tests early since the December test will start at roughly 9 AM. I may need a morning coffee or something because I felt like I was still a bit drowsy, too. :/
yeah I use both

if you're having timing issue don't worry, keep practicing. I've been there before and it was annoying but you can get better. how long have you been studying?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Mikey wrote:
239840 wrote:Do those of you who use the 7Sage Proctor use a watch when you use it? I tried using it without a watch around this morning and ended up running out of time in my first two sections, so I didn't even get to a few questions in both. I got really frustrated and just stopped the test there. Probably just wasted a practice test, sadly. Makes me feel like I'm not even progressing at all. I'm trying to get used to getting up and taking practice tests early since the December test will start at roughly 9 AM. I may need a morning coffee or something because I felt like I was still a bit drowsy, too. :/
yeah I use both

if you're having timing issue don't worry, keep practicing. I've been there before and it was annoying but you can get better. how long have you been studying?
About three-fourths of the way through the LSAT Trainer, but I haven't done a lot of drilling yet (just the drills in the book and some assigned drills). Plus, some of the drills assigned with the schedule I used were from a PT I used as my diagnostic, and I found that when I went back and tried to drill LR questions I had already seen, I ended up just overthinking them majorly, so I decided I'm probably not going to use those for drilling. I may need to just go to the Trainer's website and make lists of problems to do by type in LR. On the bright side, I do seem to be a lot faster in LG than I was when I started.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:37 pm

239840 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
yeah I use both

About three-fourths of the way through the LSAT Trainer, but I haven't done a lot of drilling yet (just the drills in the book and some assigned drills). Plus, some of the drills assigned with the schedule I used were from a PT I used as my diagnostic, and I found that when I went back and tried to drill LR questions I had already seen, I ended up just overthinking them majorly, so I decided I'm probably not going to use those for drilling. I may need to just go to the Trainer's website and make lists of problems to do by type in LR. On the bright side, I do seem to be a lot faster in LG than I was when I started.
yeah, it seems like you haven't been studying long at all so don't worry about timing right now and definitely don't get upset about it. just focus on fundamentals and do untimed drilling and lessons

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Mikey wrote:
239840 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
yeah I use both

yeah, it seems like you haven't been studying long at all so don't worry about timing right now and definitely don't get upset about it. just focus on fundamentals and do untimed drilling and lessons
Thank you. I think I'll focus on drilling and learning for now. In November I'll do more practice tests.

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Does anybody know of a list of schools that grant solicited fee waivers or should I just wait a week to see if they keep rolling in after September?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bigflaw_ruleofjaw

New

Post by bigflaw_ruleofjaw » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:07 pm

In. Took a beating on September LG, so here I am.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:50 pm

littlewing67 wrote:Anyone just take digital LSAT???? I'm pretty all the material was undisclosed/new material. I've done ever PT except 3, so I would know if I've seen it before. RC was tough. Can I get a confirmation from someone who took it?

Also I hate tablets. They plan on making it digital by the fall of 2018.
I can't imagine that taking the LSAT on a tablet would be much fun.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”