The Official December 2017 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

We all want a 180. What's the lowest score you'll take?

Sub 160
4%
160-163
10%
164-167
22%
167-169
16%
12%
171-172
10%
172-174
8%
8%
176-179
4%
6%

Total votes: 118

GnarMarBinx

Bronze

Re: The Official December 2017 Study Group

Post by GnarMarBinx » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:16 pm

littlewing67 wrote:
GnarMarBinx wrote:
littlewing67 wrote:Noiceeee I'm going to start Manhattan LR soon and ordered the fox book. Reviewing PT 82 today and doing some sections.

I think I might want to focus on drills more than PTs, but I like doing PTs too for endurance/timing.

I need to cut my LR down to make up for RC. Somehow I go like -8 test day but when I do LR sections I usually go like -4 all together.
When you're drilling LR, do you usually drill sections or by question type? I'm doing mostly by type right now but think I should probably get back into doing full sections for timing and stuff.
I do sections, but I probably should be doing type to hone in on the type I am getting wrong.

IDK I suck at studying
Hahaha when I was in undergrad I thought I was good at studying. I've realized that's not the case. I think it's prob a good idea to do a mix of the two maybe? Have some sessions where you focus on the questions you're not as good at and then drill sections as well to keep the speed up and the feeling of having to switch question type every time you go to a new question

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eleven

New

Post by Eleven » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:36 pm

PT 29 last night/this morning/lunch today as 4 timed sections.

Raw 92, Score 173
LR1: -2
RC: -4
LG: -1
LR2: -2

Made a dumb LG mistake and switched one correct answer to an incorrect one when waffling at the end of each LR section. Blind Review 178.

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyrex

New

Post by Pyrex » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 pm

No longer studying, have some old UNUSED practice tests hoping someone can use. See thread for details:

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=282719

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

peege

New

Post by peege » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Okay y'all so I'm retaking from September, where I got a 163. My goal score for December is 170. Any advice from retakers on what improved their score or how to study effectively a second time?
I did the Bibles and drilled pretty relentlessly last go-round, but got nervous on logical reasoning and missed way more than normal. Any advice would help!!

bigflaw_ruleofjaw

New

Post by bigflaw_ruleofjaw » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Trying to stay positive but MAN am I discouraged after Sept.

Thought I did everything right in my prep leading up and ended up scoring about 8 points below my average, on my third take.

Went -7 on LG which is really difficult to swallow as I normally go -0. Trying to stay positive and view that as an opportunity but really hard to pick my confidence up off the ground right now.

I was taking almost a test/day in the two weeks prior to my test, which in retrospect was too much. This time around, I'm planning on working on specific areas and trying to improve that way. I'm not worried about endurance.

Also need to work on issues around nerves/anxiety, which I think is largely responsible for my drop in logic games - I don't think as clearly and then end up rushing and making simple mistakes that I wouldn't make while practicing.

Good luck to everyone else preparing. Hopefully this will be my last time in one of these threads!

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 pm

bigflaw_ruleofjaw wrote:Trying to stay positive but MAN am I discouraged after Sept.

Thought I did everything right in my prep leading up and ended up scoring about 8 points below my average, on my third take.

Went -7 on LG which is really difficult to swallow as I normally go -0. Trying to stay positive and view that as an opportunity but really hard to pick my confidence up off the ground right now.

I was taking almost a test/day in the two weeks prior to my test, which in retrospect was too much. This time around, I'm planning on working on specific areas and trying to improve that way. I'm not worried about endurance.

Also need to work on issues around nerves/anxiety, which I think is largely responsible for my drop in logic games - I don't think as clearly and then end up rushing and making simple mistakes that I wouldn't make while practicing.

Good luck to everyone else preparing. Hopefully this will be my last time in one of these threads!
Last edited by 239840 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm

kinda wanna start saving up all of my done PTs so I can burn them all together at some point while drinking tequila around a campfire with other LSAT takers

who is with me

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Mikey wrote:kinda wanna start saving up all of my done PTs so I can burn them all together at some point while drinking tequila around a campfire with other LSAT takers

who is with me
IN

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Mikey wrote:kinda wanna start saving up all of my done PTs so I can burn them all together at some point while drinking tequila around a campfire with other LSAT takers

who is with me
IN
Ooh I won’t drink but I’ll join in the burning of materials - I plenty of kindle for that fire!

Tavorak

New

Post by Tavorak » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 pm

who is with me
Kinda already did this after the September test. Whoops.

kgm1990

New

Post by kgm1990 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:53 pm

The absolute hardest part of studying for me are the schedules that I create for myself. It literally takes me a day to organize these things and write it out in my planners and Excel sheets. I hate the idea of the wasting time on not knowing, or idly trying to study it ALL. Is anyone else like this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bronze

Post by 239840 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Last edited by 239840 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 pm

kgm1990 wrote:The absolute hardest part of studying for me are the schedules that I create for myself. It literally takes me a day to organize these things and write it out in my planners and Excel sheets. I hate the idea of the wasting time on not knowing, or idly trying to study it ALL. Is anyone else like this?
Same. I have to make a schedule or else I will definitely be unproductive. I think it’s easier to stay on track when you plan for the week instead of each day so that you don’t slack off and end up falling behind

PhiladelphiaCollins

Bronze

Post by PhiladelphiaCollins » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 am

getting back into it after a week off...don't miss it.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 am

littlewing67 wrote:I think it was in this thread, but I read from some folks that they BR for like 6 hours or something? Can you please explain to me what you are doing in that time span? I think I'm going to start BRing where I make a word document and go meticulously through each and every question until my eyes bleed, versus what I usually do which is go through all the questions with a pen and then change/keep answers.
My review takes about that long. I force myself to write out why the correct answer is what it is, why the incorrect answers are incorrect, and then I generally look up the question on the Manhattan site to see if my reasoning is the same as others or if I missed something.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

kgm1990 wrote:The absolute hardest part of studying for me are the schedules that I create for myself. It literally takes me a day to organize these things and write it out in my planners and Excel sheets. I hate the idea of the wasting time on not knowing, or idly trying to study it ALL. Is anyone else like this?
I made a calendar when I was studying for Sept - each day had something under it that needed to be done. It was nice because it got me organized, but it also got stressful because I realized I was holding myself to a high standard and I would freak out when I wouldn't get something done and then I ended up rushing and possibly wasting material. I think it's a good idea to have a general idea of what to do so you don't put yourself in a position of trying to figure out what to do next. But don't be super strict with it otherwise you're spending more time trying to keep a timeline that may not even be realistic for you.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm

chewinggum wrote:
Same. I have to make a schedule or else I will definitely be unproductive. I think it’s easier to stay on track when you plan for the week instead of each day so that you don’t slack off and end up falling behind
I stopped doing this but instead would record the actual time stamp i spent working... for example: I would mark that I sat down at 12:21 and worked until 1:15 and then start again when i actually sit down and start working again. I would tally up my hours at the end of the day. This helped me stay accountable. I also just briefly noted what i did so i had an idea moving forward. I got this idea from Economist GMAT and it recorded the actual amt of time you spent working as your progression through their program. THis def helped me stay accountable and grind

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Welp I think I officially experienced my first burn out this morning. Completely screwed up a relatively easy LG section, could not stay focused during either LR which resulted in a few point lower scores in each section, and could not even bring myself to start the RC section after the first 3 sections left me feeling completely deflated. I was on such a roll with this stuff last week, and really thought this was the week I was going to break into the high 160s/170s.

Im going back down to my UG this weekend to visit some old friends so that should be a nice break from studying, but what should I do for the next 2 days? Im scheduled to take a PT on Friday, but at this point Im not sure if thats the best idea...

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Rupert Pupkin wrote:
chewinggum wrote:
I stopped doing this but instead would record the actual time stamp i spent working... for example: I would mark that I sat down at 12:21 and worked until 1:15 and then start again when i actually sit down and start working again. I would tally up my hours at the end of the day. This helped me stay accountable. I also just briefly noted what i did so i had an idea moving forward. I got this idea from Economist GMAT and it recorded the actual amt of time you spent working as your progression through their program. THis def helped me stay accountable and grind
I might try that.

I have the issue of convincing myself to take a "power nap" after work which turns into a coma. So I kind of have to plan ahead bc I don't trust myself

littlewing67

Silver

Post by littlewing67 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 pm

I just registered for a retake.

I really dont want to retake but with my 168 and my low gpa, I have to aim for a 170 to get into T14. Wish me good luck.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Hello friends, just wanted to pop in and say I did a drill of 58 sufficient assumption questions and only got 6 wrong, 2 of which were stupid mistakes with the other 4 being in the hardest category. I know this isn’t a big deal for many of you guys but I used to consistently get SA questions wrong so this is huggeeee for me!! Also for anyone else who’s having a similar issue with SA: I did the chapter in Manhattan LSAT and then followed it up with the questions from Fox book. The 58 I did right now is a Cambridge set.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”