June Retakers Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What is the best Slack emoji?

Party parrot
6%
Party parrot with wine
28%
Party Testy
33%
:180:
17%
:179:
No votes
Unicorn poo
6%
Cripple 626
11%

Total votes: 18

solidarity4ever

New

Re: June Retakers Study Group

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Just redid the second LR section and the only one I got wrong on the second time around was the one about tenants having to pay their own electric bills and energy conservation. Having issues understanding why the correct AC is correct. Sigh.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:54 pm

I need several private tutoring sessions just of someone explaining the answer to the isotope question to me.

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I need several private tutoring sessions just of someone explaining the answer to the isotope question to me.

explanation removed so I don't get banned!
Last edited by solidarity4ever on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Wow, thanks for that explanation. It is appreciated.

I do seem to have got the gorilla one right though. Only other LR question I missed was coffee.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I need several private tutoring sessions just of someone explaining the answer to the isotope question to me.
I think I might be able to help with that.... I'm not sure if the way I got to it is correct but I have this weird habit of taking tips and tricks from my prep course and making them work on other things...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Edit: removing my thoughts until I get mod confirmation that we can start talking about the June test questions because I don't want to get banned.
Last edited by Experiment626 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:Wow, thanks for that explanation. It is appreciated.

I do seem to have got the gorilla one right though. Only other LR question I missed was coffee.
I got this one wrong, too. And when I redid it I realized why the answer I chose was dumb. Adverse effect on stomach function does not equal stomach irritation. Bah.

Edit: also, np :) Glad I could help.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:56 pm

solidarity4ever wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Wow, thanks for that explanation. It is appreciated.

I got this one wrong, too. And when I redid it I realized why the answer I chose was dumb. Adverse effect on stomach function does not equal stomach irritation. Bah.
Yep, I made the exact same stupid error on that one.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:02 am

solidarity4ever wrote:
Walliums wrote:
solidarity4ever wrote:.
Heads up for all, I heard from the mods we're not supposed to discuss questions until the test is at least published. I'd advise double checking your posts if you've said anything specific about the test since scores were released and edit them so you don't get banned...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:20 am

For everyone who wanted me to keep them posted on if they emailed me back about the interview request, she said:

"We do applicant interviews as part of our application process. We sent out these invitations for prospective applicants who may still be looking to go to law school this fall (2017) or to get an early start for the next application cycle. They are for us to get to know you a little bit better.

I hope that clarifies things. Please let me know if you have additional questions."

Edit: also sent this in a PM to everyone who asked.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:49 am

Experiment626 wrote:
solidarity4ever wrote:
Walliums wrote:
solidarity4ever wrote:.
Heads up for all, I heard from the mods we're not supposed to discuss questions until the test is at least published. I'd advise double checking your posts if you've said anything specific about the test since scores were released and edit them so you don't get banned...
Thanks for letting us know.

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:50 am

Ntp73821 wrote:For everyone who wanted me to keep them posted on if they emailed me back about the interview request, she said:

"We do applicant interviews as part of our application process. We sent out these invitations for prospective applicants who may still be looking to go to law school this fall (2017) or to get an early start for the next application cycle. They are for us to get to know you a little bit better.

I hope that clarifies things. Please let me know if you have additional questions."

Edit: also sent this in a PM to everyone who asked.
Got the same email verbatim haha

beancounter15

New

Post by beancounter15 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:19 am

Been a long time lurker but would appreciate some advice from you guys. I took the December, and last June Lsat and got a 163 and 162 respectively. The 162 on the June test was pretty devastating because at that point I was practicing in the 167-169 range and even popped 170 a few times. I applied to SMU (was obviously rejected by Texas) and received generous scholarship, but I truly have had my sights set on UT and hope to practice big law in Texas. I'm a URM MA from Texas with a 3.1 GPA w advanced degrees and work experience . Should I retake the September lsat and apply for the next cycle? or go to SMU and try to transfer /hope to make big law from SMU? Thanks for the advice I apologize for going off topic.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm

pupper wrote:
Walliums wrote: I've never used Slack before. Have you done a paid account or a free account?
I've only ever used a free account.
Could you help us set up a new free account? I can create a new gmail for the study group, just let me know!

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Hey all,
So, since its been kind of hard for those of us trying to put together resources for the study group to communicate, I've created a gmail account for us (juneretakers@gmail.com). If you'd like to be added to the group to get communications/calendars/google docs etc, please pm me your email (gmail preferred so we can utilize the google apps).

If you want to stay anonymous, don't worry, creating a new (anonymous) gmail email was really easy. You just have to log all the way out of your account, select "more options," and then select, "create new account." It takes 30 seconds.

Hopefully we can make this work!

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Walliums wrote:
pupper wrote:
Walliums wrote: I've never used Slack before. Have you done a paid account or a free account?
Could you help us set up a new free account? I can create a new gmail for the study group, just let me know!
Loll! Great minds... (juneretakers@gmail.com)

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:
Walliums wrote:
pupper wrote:
Loll! Great minds... (juneretakers@gmail.com)
Nice!! Great minds indeed :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:14 pm

My anon email is daydreamnation2017@gmail.com please add me thanks

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Hey guys, I've been meaning to join the google thing, just been a little busy lately, but I'd def love to be a part of it.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Now that I think about it, instead of sending me your email addresses, the easiest thing is to probably just send an email to juneretakers@gmail.com from whatever email you'd like to use for the group.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 pm

wustl interview was pretty chill. Person interviewing me was super nice. She was actually nice to the point where I don't know if I just interviewed well or she's just naturally like that lol. The interview will also substitute as an admissions interview after I apply, I kind of wish I knew that ahead of time so I could prepare a little better but I think it went well enough.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:02 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:wustl interview was pretty chill. Person interviewing me was super nice. She was actually nice to the point where I don't know if I just interviewed well or she's just naturally like that lol. The interview will also substitute as an admissions interview after I apply, I kind of wish I knew that ahead of time so I could prepare a little better but I think it went well enough.
Did she give you a fee waiver??
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
Did she give you a fee waiver??
We didn't talk about it! I better get one! haha.

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:wustl interview was pretty chill. Person interviewing me was super nice. She was actually nice to the point where I don't know if I just interviewed well or she's just naturally like that lol. The interview will also substitute as an admissions interview after I apply, I kind of wish I knew that ahead of time so I could prepare a little better but I think it went well enough.
Thanks for the update! Apps open 9/1 I presume? So no read as to why they're so ahead of the game with us besides "for those who want to get started early" as stated in the follow up email?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:11 pm

DaydreamNation wrote: Thanks for the update! Apps open 9/1 I presume? So no read as to why they're so ahead of the game with us besides "for those who want to get started early" as stated in the follow up email?
She basically said they wanted to get a head start on this upcoming cycle and start talking to students right away. I guess it does make it seem a little more personal this way, or maybe I'm just falling prey to the sales pitch lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”