June Retakers Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What is the best Slack emoji?

Party parrot
6%
Party parrot with wine
28%
Party Testy
33%
:180:
17%
:179:
No votes
Unicorn poo
6%
Cripple 626
11%

Total votes: 18

pupper

New

Re: June Retakers Study Group

Post by pupper » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Group study session tonight on PT55, LR1 at 8:45!

Be there or be square. 8)

lemon_lyman

New

Post by lemon_lyman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:56 pm

pupper wrote:Group study session tonight on PT55, LR1 at 8:45!

Be there or be square. 8)
Hi! Just wanted to confirm since I've missed the other study sessions-- is this 8:45 eastern time or some other time zone?

Thanks!

pupper

New

Post by pupper » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:34 pm

lemon_lyman wrote: Hi! Just wanted to confirm since I've missed the other study sessions-- is this 8:45 eastern time or some other time
That's 8:45 Eastern. Sorry about that. :oops:

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Hey everyone.

The group will be meeting in slack tomorrow at 8:45 PM EST. We will be going over PT 52 LR Section 1 and will do RC on Thursday at the same time.

As a heads up, we will be going up one test number each week always reviewing LR1 and RC on Tuesday and Thursday respectively. We did 55 and 53 already, so the order will be 52, 54, 56, etc. That way everyone can plan ahead leading to the test for the section reviews and conserve tests for the stuff your smaller groups do and whatever you want to do individually for your prep. We will plan to review RC and LR1 of each test. LR will be on Tuesday and RC will be on Thursday

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote::!: :!: :!:
Yo!

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:21 am

I had signed up to this group when it formed and I didn't study at all for September. I'm planning to take a PT in sunday and then on Wednesday and hope that enough. Good luck everyone!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:29 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote::!: :!: :!:
Yo!
I just wanted to bumpy this thread for attention

And to see where everyone was

Who's retaking

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:08 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote: I just wanted to bumpy this thread for attention

Who's retaking
A lot of us have been in a Slack group and just chatting there. You should join. How's the studying going?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:14 am

Just dropping by to say good luck on the upcoming Sept test! Y'all are gonna crush it!

Also going to give some retake encouragement if anyone is feeling burned out/disappointed/disheartened. RETAKES ARE SO WORTH IT!

Retook my 168 from last year to get into the 170+ money range this year. UVA admitted me with a Dillard on the 4th day apps were open. I saved a potential $140k (from previous scholly) in tuition alone (not to mention interest on loans) just by dedicating about 200 hours to studying.

Good luck my fellow Junies!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:27 am

calmike wrote:I had signed up to this group when it formed and I didn't study at all for September. I'm planning to take a PT in sunday and then on Wednesday and hope that enough. Good luck everyone!
Same boat essentially. I've done some LG sections, but just did my first complete PT last week. Hoping to squeeze a couple points but the same/lower isn't unlikely.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:50 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Just dropping by to say good luck on the upcoming Sept test! Y'all are gonna crush it!

Also going to give some retake encouragement if anyone is feeling burned out/disappointed/disheartened. RETAKES ARE SO WORTH IT!

Retook my 168 from last year to get into the 170+ money range this year. UVA admitted me with a Dillard on the 4th day apps were open. I saved a potential $140k (from previous scholly) in tuition alone (not to mention interest on loans) just by dedicating about 200 hours to studying.

Dude, awesome! I really want to ED to UVA but am a little scared of the scholarship implications. I don't think they'd accept me, let alone give me money, but still.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:54 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Just dropping by to say good luck on the upcoming Sept test! Y'all are gonna crush it!

Holy shit, congrats on the Dillard!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:08 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote: I just wanted to bumpy this thread for attention

Who's retaking
A lot of us have been in a Slack group and just chatting there. You should join. How's the studying going?
Last edited by Mint-Berry_Crunch on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Congrats on the getting the D! I was just at a uva football game lol. It's a fantastic environment

pupper

New

Post by pupper » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 am

MediocreAtBest wrote: A lot of us have been in a Slack group and just chatting there.
Speaking of which, here have been about 30,000 total messages sent on Slack. If we had posted all of those messages here instead, that would have been about 1,200 pages of posts. :shock: :lol:

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:29 pm

pupper wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote: A lot of us have been in a Slack group and just chatting there.
Speaking of which, here have been about 30,000 total messages sent on Slack. If we had posted all of those messages here instead, that would have been about 1,200 pages of posts. :shock: :lol:
180 guaranteed

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nad33

New

Post by nad33 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
calmike wrote:I had signed up to this group when it formed and I didn't study at all for September. I'm planning to take a PT in sunday and then on Wednesday and hope that enough. Good luck everyone!
Same boat essentially. I've done some LG sections, but just did my first complete PT last week. Hoping to squeeze a couple points but the same/lower isn't unlikely.
Hi there -- feel like a BIG ole jerk to swoop in without having contributed to this group, so please pardon my bad manners! But I prepared roughly the same as you did and after taking September's exam, I'm feeling the sting of that! I scored a 170 in June and was hoping for a few points more but now my very plausible fear is that I will end up with a score far below my first one.

Wondering if any retakers are in the same boat, and if this would warrant canceling my score because of the risk? (And the risk is super real; never performed as poorly, slowly and sloppily as I did in the Sep. exam on even my first p-tests!!)

Thank you!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 am

nad33 wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Hi there -- feel like a BIG ole jerk to swoop in without having contributed to this group, so please pardon my bad manners! But I prepared roughly the same as you did and after taking September's exam, I'm feeling the sting of that! I scored a 170 in June and was hoping for a few points more but now my very plausible fear is that I will end up with a score far below my first one.

Wondering if any retakers are in the same boat, and if this would warrant canceling my score because of the risk? (And the risk is super real; never performed as poorly, slowly and sloppily as I did in the Sep. exam on even my first p-tests!!)

Thank you!
I feel like I did worse as well. I was actually PTing around 175 for the last several days, but Jesus, I felt bad about that test. Despite practicing almost exclusively logic games for 2 months, I think once again I bombed logic games :roll:

Having said that, I think 90% of schools only care about high score so I'm gonna wait it out and hope I was wrong.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
nad33 wrote:

Thank you!
I feel like I did worse as well. I was actually PTing around 175 for the last several days, but Jesus, I felt bad about that test. Despite practicing almost exclusively logic games for 2 months, I think once again I bombed logic games :roll:

Having said that, I think 90% of schools only care about high score so I'm gonna wait it out and hope I was wrong.
Same boat here! So many people feel like this about September, it's pretty crazy. I was PTing around 173/4 towards the end but September kicked me in the head, I was almost running out of time on sections, I felt like nad said, slow and sloppy. I feel really bad and frustrated about it, and although I answered all the questions without guessing, I felt so rushed during certain parts that it feels like it might as well have been a guess. I think I did worse than June. Pissed.

But I wouldn't cancel.

nad33

New

Post by nad33 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:48 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
nad33 wrote:

Thank you!

Same boat here! So many people feel like this about September, it's pretty crazy. I was PTing around 173/4 towards the end but September kicked me in the head, I was almost running out of time on sections, I felt like nad said, slow and sloppy. I feel really bad and frustrated about it, and although I answered all the questions without guessing, I felt so rushed during certain parts that it feels like it might as well have been a guess. I think I did worse than June. Pissed.

But I wouldn't cancel.

Thank you so much for your responses! So this would hold up eeeeeeven if I'm pretty certain I did at least 5, but potentially TEN points lower? There's genuinely no way it was better truly truly.

I keep seeing that cancellation is usually not necessary unless something went srsly wrong, but I can't help but think that a ten point difference in scores will naturally cast some doubt on the higher score... no?? I guess I'm just wondering if the only motivation for not cancelling is the chance that it went better than you thought? Or if there's any other reasons?

Thank YOU sorry to keep pestering about this but DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HEAVENS TO BETSY !

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

nad33 wrote:
Thank you so much for your responses! So this would hold up eeeeeeven if I'm pretty certain I did at least 5, but potentially TEN points lower? There's genuinely no way it was better truly truly.

I keep seeing that cancellation is usually not necessary unless something went srsly wrong, but I can't help but think that a ten point difference in scores will naturally cast some doubt on the higher score... no?? I guess I'm just wondering if the only motivation for not cancelling is the chance that it went better than you thought? Or if there's any other reasons?

Thank YOU sorry to keep pestering about this but DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HEAVENS TO BETSY !
From what I understand a cancelled score looks pretty bad. If you decide to take it again and score well, it'll be pretty obvious the lower score was a hiccup. If not, an addendum is always something to consider. But take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm no expert.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 pm

zkyggi wrote:Checking in. Aiming for 175+ in September.

Did you hit 175+??

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Is anyone retaking in Dec? I want to join a study group!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”