June Retakers Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What is the best Slack emoji?

Party parrot
6%
Party parrot with wine
28%
Party Testy
33%
:180:
17%
:179:
No votes
Unicorn poo
6%
Cripple 626
11%

Total votes: 18

181plz

Bronze

Re: June Retakers Study Group

Post by 181plz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:40 am

I'm officially registered, going to the same testing location as June. I had a pleasant experience there.

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:07 am

Checking in. Aiming for 175+ in September.
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:48 am

Good luck to everyone in the group! Studying and waiting with everyone was lit. I'm sure you all will kill it later this year with 175+/170+/167+/your respective goals for that $$$

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: Interest in a June retakers study group?

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Not retaking but I offer you my shitposts/shitadvice

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:54 am

Hey everyone! I will update the OP with it, but I've put together a Google form to get feedback on how we could make a study group work. Please fill it out when you have the chance and add in any other thoughts you have. Want to get the ball rolling since most of us are aiming for September. Here is the form

Please note that you do not have to fill out questions that you don't want to. This is not an attempt to collect personal information and I have tried to make the survey as anonymous as possible, since I know some of us are on TLS to be anonymous. Will start sharing overall results once we get responses. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Walliums wrote:Hey everyone! I will update the OP with it, but I've put together a Google form to get feedback on how we could make a study group work. Please fill it out when you have the chance and add in any other thoughts you have. Want to get the ball rolling since most of us are aiming for September. Here is the form

Please note that you do not have to fill out questions that you don't want to. This is not an attempt to collect personal information and I have tried to make the survey as anonymous as possible, since I know some of us are on TLS to be anonymous. Will start sharing overall results once we get responses. :)
Completed!
Last edited by Experiment626 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:20 pm

^ Love the name change. Stitch is my boiiii

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:^ Love the name change. Stitch is my boiiii
I'm really surprised nobody took it already! Stitch is my fav Disney character.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Experiment626 wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:^ Love the name change. Stitch is my boiiii
I'm really surprised nobody took it already! Stitch is my fav Disney character.
I went on that one ride at Disney World that used to be the Alien Encounter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Experiment626 wrote:So, after weighing everything and getting advice from my mentor I'm going to sit for December. I don't think I'll be able to make the improvements needed by September and don't want to rush it. But I'll be studying starting next week so I would love to be in on this and glean whatever I can from you guys, and share anything I may have, if that's possible...
I can't believe Spivey is recommending applications in January to you. Would you still be matriculating in 2018, or waiting mother cycle?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:28 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:So, after weighing everything and getting advice from my mentor I'm going to sit for December. I don't think I'll be able to make the improvements needed by September and don't want to rush it. But I'll be studying starting next week so I would love to be in on this and glean whatever I can from you guys, and share anything I may have, if that's possible...
I can't believe Spivey is recommending applications in January to you. Would you still be matriculating in 2018, or waiting mother cycle?
I'll be putting my applications in December, they'll know that I'm sitting then as well so they won't make a decision. I already know I can get into 2 out of the 4 I'm targeting, based on my June score, so I can put apps into them on day 1. It's really the schools I need to improve my score for that this is about. At the very worst I will delay a cycle, we'll come to that bridge depending on my Dec score. I may just take the best school I get into and then bust my ass to transfer to a higher ranked school. This is mostly because I'm a splitter so I need the highest score possible for the last two schools I'm applying to. Their advice might be different for you smarties with GPA's above median for the schools you're targeting.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:39 pm

zkyggi wrote:Checking in. Aiming for 175+ in September. I reckon if I can underscore my PT-average by almost 4 standard deviations, I can score a 175+. Then again, if I am taking the time I could be studying to calculate standard deviations, I might have bigger issues to worry about.
Here for the 175. Only upward deviation from here on out.

greenmusic97

New

Post by greenmusic97 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 pm

In!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

greenmusic97

New

Post by greenmusic97 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Ok, so I was ranging 161-166 on preptests after studying for just 1 month, and due to anxiety and forgetting a watch, I got a 160 on the real June exam. Ugh... I have a super high GPA (way above their 75th percentile) and very strong softs, so I think a 164+ could easily get me into UMich, my dream school. I've already done all the preptests from 61-80, with a ton of questions from 20-60, so idk how useful it would be to do them all over. For june, i put in 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and made myself sick from stress, so my goal is to only do about 10-12 hours a week for September. I know I'm already capable of the mid/high 160s, so my question is, do you think just buying and reading through/doing the whole LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim, watching 7sage LG videos, and doing a preptest a week is enough to get me at least a 164 for the September retake?

greenmusic97

New

Post by greenmusic97 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:05 pm

greenmusic97 wrote:Ok, so I was ranging 161-166 on preptests after studying for just 1 month, and due to anxiety and forgetting a watch, I got a 160 on the real June exam. Ugh... I have a super high GPA (way above their 75th percentile) and very strong softs, so I think a 164+ could easily get me into UMich, my dream school. I've already done all the preptests from 61-80, with a ton of questions from 20-60, so idk how useful it would be to do them all over. For june, i put in 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and made myself sick from stress, so my goal is to only do about 10-12 hours a week for September. I know I'm already capable of the mid/high 160s, so my question is, do you think just buying and reading through/doing the whole LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim, watching 7sage LG videos, and doing a preptest a week is enough to get me at least a 164 for the September retake?
Sorry, accidently submitted before finishing. You don't think that just doing those three things will make me rusty? Seeing as how I was already getting in that range. In fact, do you even think just those 3 things might help me get even higher? Money from schools would be really nice... My strongest is LR. LG is just timing issues which causes me to rush the last game. And RC is a problem. I'm just super unsteady and my score ranges from -4 to -9. Ugh.

cardboard0917

New

Post by cardboard0917 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Last edited by cardboard0917 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:16 pm

cardboard0917 wrote:*Please don't quote*

*Please don't quote*
IMO the answer is pretty obvious here. You need a better LSAT score to get into the schools you want, so you pretty much have to retake.

Also if you were legitimately PTing on average 9 points above what you scored on June then you absolutely should retake 100%. (that would apply for 160 -> 169 or even 171 -> 180). Missing by 9 points from your average (again if it is a legitimate average with real condition/timed PTs) is always a reason to retake.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:25 pm

I feel at least a bit vindicated knowing that I got apes and isotopes correct...

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Walliums wrote:I feel at least a bit vindicated knowing that I got apes and isotopes correct...
SAME

Only LRs I missed were ones I didn't remember having a hard time with (and also didn't mark as 'difficult' on my answer sheet).

Still think the voting demographics question is BS.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Walliums wrote:I feel at least a bit vindicated knowing that I got apes and isotopes correct...
SAME

Only LRs I missed were ones I didn't remember having a hard time with (and also didn't mark as 'difficult' on my answer sheet).

I was just talking to a friend about that voting question yesterday. It WAS BS.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
SAME

I haven't gone back and looked at it closely, but I'm expecting when I do to find that my AC (and most of the other wrong ACs) weaken a part of the argument that is different from what is asked by the stem. Thus, all/most of the answers seem like *good* choices for weaken questions, but only one of them will effectively nuke the part it is asking for

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:45 pm

I'm definitely in! I also significantly under performed my average (got a 163, had been averaging 168). As far as I can tell, games still haven't "clicked" for me yet. When I have a few extra minutes, I usually go -0 or -1, but time constraints alone kept my average at -4 for LG. I was hoping to beat this because it was so easy but I hit -4 exactly. RC is an area I definitely have to work on, as I went -7 on test day (I think this is mostly a timing issue as well). I also went -5 on the first LR section and have NO IDEA how that happened, as I don't remember feeling like it was difficult at all. Why do you all think LR was so tricky this test? I haven't sat down and analyzed the question type breakdown but it seems like there must have been more of a certain type of question or a certain trick in the ACs that was throwing people off.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
SAME

I haven't gone back and looked at it closely, but I'm expecting when I do to find that my AC (and most of the other wrong ACs) weaken a part of the argument that is different from what is asked by the stem. Thus, all/most of the answers seem like *good* choices for weaken questions, but only one of them will effectively nuke the part it is asking for
So I originally picked one answer for that question and at the LAST second of the section, changed it to the correct answer. Immediately, I thought I was an idiot for picking it and it got me a little rattled. And it turns out what I thought was a poor decision ended up helping me out. I get why it's the correct answer now, but I'm not super into the rationale. On this look, it seems to be a slightly different and more specific version of the answer I was going to pick initially.

Saylor1720

New

Post by Saylor1720 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:48 pm

Same. Didn't help my -10 LR though...
I'm trying to take it easy this weekend, then get started Monday.
I don't even care about law school at this point, I just want to beat this test.
I also hope for a more favorable curve/test in September. Easy LG is the worst for me, since I normally go -0/-1 on even the hardest.

Is anyone starting with untimed sections? Or just jumping right back in?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Saylor1720 wrote:
Same. Didn't help my -10 LR though...
I'm trying to take it easy this weekend, then get started Monday.
I don't even care about law school at this point, I just want to beat this test.
I also hope for a more favorable curve/test in September. Easy LG is the worst for me, since I normally go -0/-1 on even the hardest.

Is anyone starting with untimed sections? Or just jumping right back in?
Yeppp, didn't help my -13 LR either!

I'm doing to do some untimed LR drills. Manhattan LR gets here tomorrow so I am going to work through that as well. Might do an untimed LR section or might just move into timed. The big thing I am going to do is to record myself doing timed sections, really seeing where I am getting stuck.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”