June Retakers Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What is the best Slack emoji?

Party parrot
6%
Party parrot with wine
28%
Party Testy
33%
:180:
17%
:179:
No votes
Unicorn poo
6%
Cripple 626
11%

Total votes: 18

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Re: June Retakers Study Group

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Walliums wrote:I feel at least a bit vindicated knowing that I got apes and isotopes correct...
Same. I crushed that LR section, but went -5 in the other, which I remember thinking was a pretty mild section during the test.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:I didn't get an email about a fee waiver from WUSTL but I got an email from them saying the admissions committee wants to know more about me and inviting me to an interview. Does that mean if I do this interview they might give me a fee waiver or...? Confused :?
Ummmm.... Good luck either way!
Do I do it? Do I email back and ask what I'm interviewing for??
Would also like to know this. Do they mean for this cycle? Seems very late.
(Sry not a retaker but was hoping to find this discussed somewhere)

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Did anyone else get GMU's email and feel victimized because it was all about how you don't need a high LSAT, and somehow it was like they knew I grossly underperformed?

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:56 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
Experiment626 wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:I didn't get an email about a fee waiver from WUSTL but I got an email from them saying the admissions committee wants to know more about me and inviting me to an interview. Does that mean if I do this interview they might give me a fee waiver or...? Confused :?
Ummmm.... Good luck either way!
Do I do it? Do I email back and ask what I'm interviewing for??
Would also like to know this. Do they mean for this cycle? Seems very late.
(Sry not a retaker but was hoping to find this discussed somewhere)
I don't know, I emailed them to find out! I'll PM you if/when they reply.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:42 am

Ntp73821 wrote:I don't know, I emailed them to find out! I'll PM you if/when they reply.
Can you PM me too? I got the same email and I'm curious as well!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:57 am

Walliums wrote:Did anyone else get GMU's email and feel victimized because it was all about how you don't need a high LSAT, and somehow it was like they knew I grossly underperformed?
The one about them judging the whole person? I got something from them... But they're a target school so I was ok with it.

I find it weird that they're still accepting applications for fall and I haven't gotten anything from American which is ranked lower... I mean if Seton Hall at #57 for FT programs is willing to give me a app fee waiver and they're ranked higher than American at #86 for FT I feel like American should also be giving me a waiver... Specially since I'm past their 75% for LSAT... Although American is #6 PT program in the country and Seton is #22 for PT...

Tape Dog

New

Post by Tape Dog » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:18 am

I need all the help I can get.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 am

Experiment626 wrote:
Walliums wrote:Did anyone else get GMU's email and feel victimized because it was all about how you don't need a high LSAT, and somehow it was like they knew I grossly underperformed?
The one about them judging the whole person? I got something from them... But they're a target school so I was ok with it.

I find it weird that they're still accepting applications for fall and I haven't gotten anything from American which is ranked lower... I mean if Seton Hall at #57 for FT programs is willing to give me a app fee waiver and they're ranked higher than American at #86 for FT I feel like American should also be giving me a waiver... Specially since I'm past their 75% for LSAT... Although American is #6 PT program in the country and Seton is #22 for PT...
Im not exactly sure why, but American gets a ton of applications every year so my guess is that they don't hand out free waivers simply because they don't need to in order to get the numbers they want.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:32 am

principalagent wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:I don't know, I emailed them to find out! I'll PM you if/when they reply.
Can you PM me too? I got the same email and I'm curious as well!
Will do!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 am

Yes! And then I checked their medians and I'm still above, so not really sure what they were getting at.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:25 am

QueenBAYder wrote: Yes! And then I checked their medians and I'm still above, so not really sure what they were getting at.
It's the brand new "offend potential applicants into applying" tactic. Had you not heard?! :lol:

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 pm

OK, I am still leaving the Google survey up (and here it is if you haven't taken it yet), but it's gotten 25 responses so far so just wanted to share the results so far:

- Most want to be contacted over TLS

- All respondents are in the US so far: 40% Eastern, 32% Central, 28% Pacific

- Seems that everyone seems interested in all of the study options posed, here they are in order of popularity:
  • 72% - Study group (conference) calls to review particular sections (e.g. take PT 35 RC, :30 - 1:00 call to review)
    72% - Calls or online chats (Discord, GroupMe) to discuss overall strategy/advice for RC, LR, LG
    64% - Getting paired with someone whose strengths are my weaknesses, and vice versa so we can help each other improve
    56% - Following a PT, drilling, or book review schedule together
    52% - Meeting in-person, if people are in my area
- Most of us performed below our average

- 64% want help with LR, 52% want help with RC, and 28% want help with LG

- Most popular prep materials: 72% Powerscore Bibles, 48% 7Sage, 32% LSAT Trainer, and 20% Manhattan

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Walliums wrote:Survey results
My thoughts on the results so far... First I think it is great there is so much interest in doing actual studying together! Seems like everyone is a bit interested in everything, so thinking it might be best to divide and conquer. I'm happy to do as much as I can but will likely need some help with organizing. I'm wondering if some others could volunteer to help organize some aspects? For example, I know personally I would really like a study buddy who is my opposite, so I'm happy to handle organizing and pairing off people for study buddies. I'm also a big proponent of doing group calls to review specific sections -- I'm happy to work with someone else to create a calendar (that is completely open to group input, of course).

Any volunteers?

And not specifically on the survey, but I've gotten the sense that most of us are focusing on our weak sections right now with untimed drilling and/or book review. Probably the best thing to schedule first are group chats/calls over section strategy - along with retakers' expertise in their strong sections, maybe we can rope in some of the June folks who performed well to input as well!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:28 pm

I got the same thing and I'm definitely doing it. I don't know what it's for but WUSTL is splitter central so I'm all about it.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
I got the same thing and I'm definitely doing it. I don't know what it's for but WUSTL is splitter central so I'm all about it.
I emailed back to see what the interview was for. Depending on what they say, there's a decent chance I'll do it. I'm on the fence about applying to WUSTL.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Walliums wrote:
Walliums wrote:Survey results
My thoughts on the results so far... First I think it is great there is so much interest in doing actual studying together! Seems like everyone is a bit interested in everything, so thinking it might be best to divide and conquer. I'm happy to do as much as I can but will likely need some help with organizing. I'm wondering if some others could volunteer to help organize some aspects? For example, I know personally I would really like a study buddy who is my opposite, so I'm happy to handle organizing and pairing off people for study buddies. I'm also a big proponent of doing group calls to review specific sections -- I'm happy to work with someone else to create a calendar (that is completely open to group input, of course).

Any volunteers?

And not specifically on the survey, but I've gotten the sense that most of us are focusing on our weak sections right now with untimed drilling and/or book review. Probably the best thing to schedule first are group chats/calls over section strategy - along with retakers' expertise in their strong sections, maybe we can rope in some of the June folks who performed well to input as well!
I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Literally doing a BR of the June test and putting it into my 7sage tracker. All I can say is I AM INFURIATED because my BR was a 177... It's like minus being spastic in one LR section and making stupid mistakes my issue is I need like 5 more minutes, not panic and rush at the 5 minute warning, and need to figure out a way to combat exhaustion for the last 1/2 of my 5th section...

Also anyone in here that's doing December please check in to the December study group thread:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=279362
Last edited by Experiment626 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
I emailed back to see what the interview was for. Depending on what they say, there's a decent chance I'll do it. I'm on the fence about applying to WUSTL.
Let me know what they say! I'm doing it regardless but I'd kind of like to know what to expect

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:41 pm

I might be about to talk myself into signing up for September. I got a 171, which I am fairly happy with. But my GPA sucks, and I still missed 4 in logic games, so part of me thinks I might have a 176 or so in me if I can ever fix that.
Last edited by Jack_Kelly on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DowsingForAJD

New

Post by DowsingForAJD » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I might be about to talk myself into signing up for September...
And we should have a less brutal curve in September. Even if you just got it down to -2 in LG and held everything else more or less steady, that could be a big improvement. Maybe I'm biased because misery loves company, but I think you should go for it
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:53 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:00 pm

NavyNuke wrote:Finally reviewed what I got wrong on the June test and ugh! 2-3 questions in LR that I can't believe I missed :oops: so frustrating! Not to mention the 3 I goofed up on LG :roll:
Yeah I really dropped the ball. I missed 8 total on LR, 3 that I really shouldn't have and 2 that I switched the right answer to the wrong answer. Really upset that I let 5 questions plus 1 LG go.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Think I've done a 180 on initial plans not to retake (get it? Get it?) and will join your ranks.

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:03 pm

I got this email too and I have a LSAC fee waiver so I didn't think it was about that. I'm a super splitter though and my transcripts aren't in the system yet so they might change their mind about me heheh.

Also I'm 25 so whoever had the theory about this having something to do with age groups is probably incorrect. Definitely plan to email WUSTL back on Monday and ask what the interview is regarding!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:20 pm

When it's 11:20 on a Saturday night and you're checking TLS..and no one is posting. Unbelievable.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”