June Retakers Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What is the best Slack emoji?

Party parrot
6%
Party parrot with wine
28%
Party Testy
33%
:180:
17%
:179:
No votes
Unicorn poo
6%
Cripple 626
11%

Total votes: 18

zkyggi

Bronze

Re: June Retakers Study Group

Post by zkyggi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:14 pm

For folks that underperformed a high average on test day, what are you doing to prepare for September? I am trying to study but I really don't find much value in drilling or sections as I am not missing things. Should I just focus on simulating full test day conditions?
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:09 pm

zkyggi wrote:For folks that underperformed a high average on test day, what are you doing to prepare for September? I am trying to study but I really don't find much value in drilling or sections as I am not missing things. Should I just focus on simulating full test day conditions?
I'm kind of curious too. I haven't really done much, it's hard to get motivated for something you don't feel is entirely useful. I did order the trainer and I think I'll be a little more productive once that arrives this week, but other than that I've mostly spent my time with my PTs open, neglecting them and refreshing TLS instead.

DowsingForAJD

New

Post by DowsingForAJD » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm

zkyggi wrote:For folks that underperformed a high average on test day, what are you doing to prepare for September? I am trying to study but I really don't find much value in drilling or sections as I am not missing things. Should I just focus on simulating full test day conditions?
My entire gameplan is to keep things solid and hope I get some better luck on test day. If we're scoring so high on our PTs we clearly understand the material, so our test day performance was bad luck or due to some test-day issue unrelated to the material. I think it's important to do whatever you need to stay sharp (for me that's drilling difficult sections). If we just stay on top of things, we should be in good shape (at least that's what I'm telling myself).
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Anyone here interviewed at WUSTL yet and have some tips? I just signed up to.

181plz

Bronze

Post by 181plz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 am

Someone help me with this please.

Preptest 62, section 4 (LR2) #9

How is the argument flawed? I got the answer right because C is clearly the parallel but I don't see the flaw.

If child born before due date >> second child has >50% chance to be born before due date too.

Jackie's second child was not born before due date, therefore first child probably wasn't either (because if he had been,jackie's second child would have >50% chance of following suit.) Since second child did not follow suit, it probably didn't have a >50% chance doing so, ergo first child probably was not born before due date!!

Right? Apparently not. Maybe I'm not processing something

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:13 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:Has anyone else gotten PMs from users with 0 posts asking about details of the June test? It has happened to me twice and feels mad sketchy, but I'd also be surprised if LSAC was making fake TLS accounts to try to lure us into sharing info about the test.
I have not and that is super sketchy.

But TBH I don't think that LSAC has time for that...

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:51 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:Anyone here interviewed at WUSTL yet and have some tips? I just signed up to.
It was super casual for me. You just discuss why you decided on law school, basic details about yourself, and then you talk about the school.

solidarity4ever

New

Post by solidarity4ever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 am

So I chatted with Walliums briefly about a calendar of sorts for this group, but without more information about people's schedules, I am hesitant about planning too far out. With that said, I've started thinking about nights to do discussions on individual sections or overall strategies. Tuesdays and Thursdays work well for me. In terms of weekends, Sunday is usually fairly open for me. Does anyone have any problems with Tuesdays/Thursdays/Sundays?

I was thinking we could get started next week with a discussion on a specific LR section and then maybe do an LR strategy discussion afterwards.

Another question--what works best in terms of communicating for these sessions? We could use Slack. Does it have a call/audio option so people can speak if they'd like?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm

solidarity4ever wrote:So I chatted with Walliums briefly about a calendar of sorts for this group, but without more information about people's schedules, I am hesitant about planning too far out. With that said, I've started thinking about nights to do discussions on individual sections or overall strategies. Tuesdays and Thursdays work well for me. In terms of weekends, Sunday is usually fairly open for me. Does anyone have any problems with Tuesdays/Thursdays/Sundays?

I was thinking we could get started next week with a discussion on a specific LR section and then maybe do an LR strategy discussion afterwards.

Another question--what works best in terms of communicating for these sessions? We could use Slack. Does it have a call/audio option so people can speak if they'd like?
Those days look great to me, the only exception is making sure we leave out the time GOT is on for Sunday :)

Also I sent you an email back about joining Slack! Pupper says that there is a conference call option - but we can also sync it up with google hangouts and do audio calls that way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:Has anyone else gotten PMs from users with 0 posts asking about details of the June test? It has happened to me twice and feels mad sketchy, but I'd also be surprised if LSAC was making fake TLS accounts to try to lure us into sharing info about the test.
Yeah some guy wanted me to send him the PDFs of the test. I just ignored it.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Took my first PT yesterday. I decided to just start at 62 and work my way up again. Going to do 62-69 as four section tests and then use 70-71 as experimentals for 72-80 (plus snag one section from an older book or something).

Totally forgot that I had recently done some questions out of 62 so it was slightly fresher than I thought, but this was also the first PT I've taken without Adderrall since March so I think the advantage more/less (probably less) balanced out.

So,

PT62
RC: -3
LR1: -1
LG: -2
LR2: -2

You see, this is what pissed me off about my June performance. I've pretty much locked in on RC/LG. I go about -3-4 in RC, and about -1-2 in LG. It's my LR consistency that kills me. I can go as low as -1-2 in one section and then get like 4+ wrong in the other (-2 on LR1 and -8 on LR2 in June). The only solution I can thinking of is just to continue drilling and PTing.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm

mwells56 wrote:
You see, this is what pissed me off about my June performance. I've pretty much locked in on RC/LG. I go about -3-4 in RC, and about -1-2 in LG. It's my LR consistency that kills me. I can go as low as -1-2 in one section and then get like 4+ wrong in the other (-2 on LR1 and -8 on LR2 in June). The only solution I can thinking of is just to continue drilling and PTing.
I'm the exact same. I'll go -0-3 on RC, and -0-2 on LG, then blow it on LR. It's actually what I did on the June test, I missed 3 combined on RC and LG, then went -3 and -5 on LR. I ordered the Trainer, Future Ex-Engineer says it's legit and I trust his opinion, if I can get LR down to -4 max, I'll crush September.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:Anyone here interviewed at WUSTL yet and have some tips? I just signed up to.
It was super casual for me. You just discuss why you decided on law school, basic details about yourself, and then you talk about the school.
Thank you! Did you wear like business casual or should I learn how to tie a tie in the next day?

Also, if the above poster wants to work together, that'd sure work. I was -1 on each LR section and -4 on games.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:47 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
I'm the exact same. I'll go -0-3 on RC, and -0-2 on LG, then blow it on LR. It's actually what I did on the June test, I missed 3 combined on RC and LG, then went -3 and -5 on LR. I ordered the Trainer, Future Ex-Engineer says it's legit and I trust his opinion, if I can get LR down to -4 max, I'll crush September.
Yeah for me I don't think it's that I need to "learn" more out of like a theory book or whatever, I think I just need to hammer in the consistency. I used the trainer a little bit when I studied for last September, it didn't do much for me.

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 pm

solidarity4ever wrote:So I chatted with Walliums briefly about a calendar of sorts for this group, but without more information about people's schedules, I am hesitant about planning too far out. With that said, I've started thinking about nights to do discussions on individual sections or overall strategies. Tuesdays and Thursdays work well for me. In terms of weekends, Sunday is usually fairly open for me. Does anyone have any problems with Tuesdays/Thursdays/Sundays?

Any of those days can work for me. There is a survey on Slack right now too.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Thank you! Did you wear like business casual or should I learn how to tie a tie in the next day?

Also, if the above poster wants to work together, that'd sure work. I was -1 on each LR section and -4 on games.
I just wore a nice button down shirt and basketball shorts lol, I think a tie would've been overkill, it wasn't a very formal thing. I spent more time laughing and joking with the interviewer than I thought I would haha. And yes! Teach me your ways!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:

I just wore a nice button down shirt and basketball shorts lol, I think a tie would've been overkill, it wasn't a very formal thing. I spent more time laughing and joking with the interviewer than I thought I would haha. And yes! Teach me your ways!
Okay, thanks, probably more or less what I'll do. I have super low end DSL (think 240p YouTube and a minute loading time for Netflix) at the last house on the line, not convinced Skype will actually work, they may just end up calling.

I'd be happy to, I kinda want a tutoring job for the next year so should probably figure out how to explain these things.

I'm all over the place on RC, -2 on the June LSAT but once got -7 on a PT (and several times -0). If I do worse on the retake that'll be why.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Are these interviews for those trying to matriculate in Fall '17 or '18?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 pm

it's allgood wrote:

Any of those days can work for me. There is a survey on Slack right now too.
To be clear the Slack survey is for a one-off review, not our entire review schedule!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:31 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Are these interviews for those trying to matriculate in Fall '17 or '18?
Apparently either, according to other people who did them. I'm for '18. WUSTL is one of my top choices if my current 171 is my final score if they remain as generous with money as before, but I'd like to see what other schools offer (How much money Vandy offers and if I can scrape a T13 admission) before deciding.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Friendly reminder: if you haven't yet filled out the study partner form (and want a study partner), please do so ASAP. I will be closing the form on Friday so that we can get everyone matched up with a partner soon! https://[link redacted]/forms/PLDlUIEqegL5UkYD3

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Got an email from Michigan, no big deal 8) even if it's just for the law school forum this weekend, i still got excited lol

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:08 pm

181plz wrote:Someone help me with this please.

Preptest 62, section 4 (LR2) #9

How is the argument flawed? I got the answer right because C is clearly the parallel but I don't see the flaw.

If child born before due date >> second child has >50% chance to be born before due date too.

Jackie's second child was not born before due date, therefore first child probably wasn't either (because if he had been,jackie's second child would have >50% chance of following suit.) Since second child did not follow suit, it probably didn't have a >50% chance doing so, ergo first child probably was not born before due date!!

Right? Apparently not. Maybe I'm not processing something
I see what you're saying, it seems like a fairly reasonable conclusion. How I looked at it is that we don't know what's likely when the first child ISN'T born early. Maybe the chances of the second child being born early are even higher if the first child isn't, so we can't conclude anything about the first child based on what we know about the second child, it's a mistaken reversal of sorts.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:15 am

mwells56 wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
Yeah for me I don't think it's that I need to "learn" more out of like a theory book or whatever, I think I just need to hammer in the consistency. I used the trainer a little bit when I studied for last September, it didn't do much for me.
...How do you guys find the motivation to get back to studying mode? I tried yesterday and it was so hard. The great weather certainly isn't helping either.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 am

Just dropping by to offer some encouragement. Keep crushing it guys.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”