Prepping while pregnant? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jriveraCAL2017

New

Prepping while pregnant?

Post by jriveraCAL2017 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01 pm

Lol anyone with me? I'm 24 and I am 10 weeks pregnant with my second child while prepping for LSAT. I will be 21 weeks on test day. Anyone else?

Ufgirl

New

Re: Prepping while pregnant?

Post by Ufgirl » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Due in November and I am going to either take September or December test.

NYCounsel

New

Post by NYCounsel » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Nope, but congratulations.

If you can, take the exam before the child is born. The more minds you have working with you on test day, the better. Let the babelic energy give you strength. Also, if you fail to reach your goal, you get a birth later to cheer you up. If you pass, it's the greatest gift you can get.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:58 am

Isn't it like a thing that when women are further along, they can get a little loopy and forgetful? Or is that just a myth? If so, I wonder how it could affect your performance on the test.

jriveraCAL2017

New

Post by jriveraCAL2017 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:12 am

Ufgirl wrote:Due in November and I am going to either take September or December test.
That's awesome. Best of luck to you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jriveraCAL2017

New

Post by jriveraCAL2017 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:18 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:Isn't it like a thing that when women are further along, they can get a little loopy and forgetful? Or is that just a myth? If so, I wonder how it could affect your performance on the test.
You know, they say that's a thing and I feel like it might have some weight, but for me with my son it applied more to random things like losing my keys or forgetting my wallet at home... In terms of things that I learned, I continued full-time classes at Berkeley while pregnant with my son and I didn't ever experience the forgetfulness when it came to important stuff...I still was able to get all A's that semester so I am hopingggg it doesn't effect my LSAT. But I guess we will see. If anything I'm more worried about how my bladder will be holding up in September lol.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:08 pm

NYCounsel wrote:Nope, but congratulations.

If you can, take the exam before the child is born. The more minds you have working with you on test day, the better. Let the babelic energy give you strength. Also, if you fail to reach your goal, you get a birth later to cheer you up. If you pass, it's the greatest gift you can get.
Hahaha the advice is mint. Idk if it works that way, but I would definitely give it a shot... any bit can only help!!

Best of luck to you!!

Ufgirl

New

Post by Ufgirl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Just an update I took the LSAT today at 32 weeks. I stood up and moved around my entire 15 min break to stretch out. I thought sitting for that long would be the greatest challenge. I am confident I did well and don't feel the pregnancy hindered me at all. However, i would be more concerned with prepping and testing after the baby is born especially if you're breast feeding. I live 30 min from the test center and I was gone a little over 6 hours. If you have to test with a newborn it might be best to wait until the child is older or test before the birth.

SMA2017

New

Post by SMA2017 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Ufgirl wrote:Just an update I took the LSAT today at 32 weeks. I stood up and moved around my entire 15 min break to stretch out. I thought sitting for that long would be the greatest challenge. I am confident I did well and don't feel the pregnancy hindered me at all. However, i would be more concerned with prepping and testing after the baby is born especially if you're breast feeding. I live 30 min from the test center and I was gone a little over 6 hours. If you have to test with a newborn it might be best to wait until the child is older or test before the birth.
Yes, mama! Wonderful, wonderful job. My boy is 7 months old and I also just took the September test. Had to pump during the break because I am still breastfeeding - almost did not make it back in time!

You should be extremely proud of yourself. Best of luck to you this cycle.

NeverOrNow

New

Post by NeverOrNow » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm

I could have taken the test pregnant if I was complication free. The second tri would have been perfect timing. There's no way in hell I could have taken it with a needy newborn/infant. Nope Nope Nope. Prepping and taking it with a 8/9 year old has been doable with support from my spouse.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”