Huge change of plans - pro toll bridge Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Tape Dog

New

Huge change of plans - pro toll bridge

Post by Tape Dog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Greetings,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've now taken this beast of a test 3 times and I am contemplating a 4th (and maybe a fifth) go around. My score from the June test will be my best score yet, but still need much improvement.

LG: -0
RC -18
LR: - 14

Raw avg: 60-70

I can attend law school this upcoming fall, but given the infamous rule change. Confident I can see serious headway on my score. I'm thinking about getting a tutor to help me with my RC, while also drilling LR sections for timing and BR. I haven't really considered retaking because when the news came out I was focused on studying. Now I am weighing out my options. I've burnt through many PT's over 50, but many of them I did not BR (a reason for me taking it three times and not achieving my goal). I'd like to minimize debt throughout the process unless T14. Although perhaps painful, I am confident I can increase my RC and LR score with more prep.

I'd get a few more tries with my LSAT. The only thing to risk is one year of time. Thoughts from the community? Thoughts from June takers?

Pro Toll Bridge Tape Dog

ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: Huge change of plans - pro toll bridge

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:15 pm

I did what you did a few years ago. Never regretted it a day in my life. I cannot tell you how good the feeling of getting your best score after the 4th take feels. The "risking a year" thing was totally worth it. Know your weaknesses, drill, do timed exams. Good luck!

Tape Dog

New

Post by Tape Dog » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:I did what you did a few years ago. Never regretted it a day in my life. I cannot tell you how good the feeling of getting your best score after the 4th take feels. The "risking a year" thing was totally worth it. Know your weaknesses, drill, do timed exams. Good luck!
Thanks! I'd be interested in hiring someone off of this website who is very strong at RC. Paging @zkyggi

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 am

Hey, have you tried The LSAT Trainer? Their LR and RC sections were awesome for me. Also, Google Nicole Hopkin's RC strategy. It might be on YouTube, not sure. She was a student with 7Sage. She came up with a method that has helped lots of us. We have pretty much tweaked her method and made it our own. I was around ~11-12 and now I'm around ~3. Both helped me improve. I specifically like the emphasis on reading for structure and the break down of question types for The LSAT Trainer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”