Best combo of prep books to use? PS, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer, 7Sage... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sodomojo

Bronze

Best combo of prep books to use? PS, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer, 7Sage...

Post by sodomojo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:18 pm

After a good degree of research across a couple different forums, the answer seems to be some blend of PowerScore's LGB/LRB, Manhattan's LG/LR/RC, The LSAT Trainer, and 7Sage. The only constant is the absence of PowerScore's RCB. Some suggest PS LGB+Manhattan LR/RC or PS LGB/LRB+Manhattan RC. Some say LSAT Trainer before/after PS or Manhattan. Some say LSAT Trainer+7Sage. Some suggest PS only, Manhattan only, or LSAT Trainer only. Etc.

Which combination of prep books would you suggest to someone starting fresh? Do certain books appeal more towards certain students/study habits? Would combining prep offerings from different companies be confusing? Are certain books more useful as a broader introduction to the LSAT or final overview to close gaps of understanding, for instance?

Walliums

Silver

Re: Best combo of prep books to use? PS, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer, 7Sage...

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:33 pm

sodomojo wrote:Would combining prep offerings from different companies be confusing?
No

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Games: Powerscore supplemented w/ 7 sage youtube videos. Powerscore for linear games, 7 sage for group games
LR: Powerscore first, then Manhattan afterwards. Each has their strength. Powerscore is solid for foundational principles, Manhattan has better explanations for questions.
RC: Manhattan, but not necessary, per se.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:48 am

7Sage and The LSAT Trainer. 7Sage's RC method didn't work for me so I turned to The LSAT Trainer and I'm now around ~3-4. I use nothing but 7Sage for LG and I'm normally ~0-2 range. I would've bought The LSAT Trainer just for it's flaw sections but the entire LR section is great. I picked up Manhattan LR early on but I rarely use it because the two mentioned above were good enough for me.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:42 am

tanes25 wrote:7Sage and The LSAT Trainer. 7Sage's RC method didn't work for me so I turned to The LSAT Trainer and I'm now around ~3-4. I use nothing but 7Sage for LG and I'm normally ~0-2 range. I would've bought The LSAT Trainer just for it's flaw sections but the entire LR section is great. I picked up Manhattan LR early on but I rarely use it because the two mentioned above were good enough for me.
With the Trainer and 7Sage what did you end up scoring?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sanghyunp2004

New

Post by sanghyunp2004 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Platopus wrote:Games: Powerscore supplemented w/ 7 sage youtube videos. Powerscore for linear games, 7 sage for group games
LR: Powerscore first, then Manhattan afterwards. Each has their strength. Powerscore is solid for foundational principles, Manhattan has better explanations for questions.
RC: Manhattan, but not necessary, per se.

This, about a month and a half in and these books have gotten my score +10 already.

Although I haven't used the Manhattan RC I've heard that its pretty good.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 am

King of the North wrote:
tanes25 wrote:7Sage and The LSAT Trainer. 7Sage's RC method didn't work for me so I turned to The LSAT Trainer and I'm now around ~3-4. I use nothing but 7Sage for LG and I'm normally ~0-2 range. I would've bought The LSAT Trainer just for it's flaw sections but the entire LR section is great. I picked up Manhattan LR early on but I rarely use it because the two mentioned above were good enough for me.
With the Trainer and 7Sage what did you end up scoring?
I haven't tested yet. I'm in the 169-171 range now though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”