LSAT Prep Help Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
plagdiw

New

LSAT Prep Help

Post by plagdiw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 am

Currently a junior at UNCC - undergrad. Majoring in Finance and Accounting with a minor in PoliSci. I'm just now starting to prep and study for the LSAT's so any advice would be great!

My top school choices are USC, UNC, Elon and Wake(long shot)

Which LSAT prep book was the most beneficial for you guys? How long did you guys study for before taking the 1st LSAT? Any other advice will and tips for me to be successful will be great!!

Thanks guys!

tanes25

New

Re: LSAT Prep Help

Post by tanes25 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 am

Hello, The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim is great for self study. I think it runs about $50-$60. The RC and LR sections were phenomenal to me. The LG sections were helpful but I preferred 7Sage. I would also recommend 7Sage for overall self study. 7Sage is a self study video online course. The price is higher but worth it. I think their lowest pkg is just under $200, which is a steal! If you decide not to go with 7Sage at least use their LG method. They offer free video explanations of all LG on their site and Youtube. They also have a free question bank and analytics page that comes in pretty handy. If you have uncertainties about 7Sage shoot over to their website and post any questions in the forum. I also like Manhattan LR because sometimes you just need a diff perspective to grasp this stuff. If you aren't able to fully commit to studying right now I would get really familiar with logic and logical fallacies if you're not already.

Pyrex

New

Post by Pyrex » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:01 am

+180 to everything tanes25 said. I really liked the Mike Kim book, but 7SaGe resources were even better for logic games. I only used the free video explanations and their awesome practice test tracker to see what questions types I had the most trouble with. I also highly, highly recommend http://lsathacks.com/explanations for logic games. I found that lsat hacks had advice to be more efficient and cleaner in my diagramming than anyone else. He also has a ton of well written, free content. His courses are pretty reasonably priced too, though I have not used.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Check out some of the guides stickied here regarding putting together a study schedule. I think the common consensus around here is anywhere from 4-6 months should be adequate. I would caution trying to get ahead of yourself, a lot of people do this. Start slow. Order the Powerscore Logic Games bible and really try to master what you are doing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”