Taking the LSAT in China? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Economyclass

New

Taking the LSAT in China?

Post by Economyclass » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:55 am

Hi, planning to retake in September, but I will be doing an internship in Shanghai until end of September. I know that the overseas test is an undisclosed test but from my research people were saying all sorts of different things about overseas undisclosed LSATs....some think its easier, some say its harder, still some say the RC/LG are harder....I'm honestly confused...

Would it be a good idea to do it in Asia or should I fly back and write it?

AJordan

Silver

Re: Taking the LSAT in China?

Post by AJordan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:50 am

I took the LSAT overseas and found it to be in no way different from the previous 79 PTs I did. No harder or easier outside the range of a normal LSAT. One good thing about the inane slow process of change that is LSAC is that, theoretically, things like this should be routine for most test centers. I personally found it very easy, though I never took the test stateside. In retrospect, I CERTAINLY wouldn't have paid any extra money to go back to the states to take it.
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:22 am

I've taken the LSAT once in China and once in the U.S. To be honest, I like the Chinese administration better, because the proctors seem to be more professional than the American ones. The tests look absolutely identical to me and there is no real difference in terms of difficulty.

Leviathan1

New

Post by Leviathan1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:27 am

Done it twice in Beijing last year. Some of the experimental section materials appeared on later released official tests...

Beijing proctors are pretty laid back. A lot of Chinese people were still working on problems or marking the answer sheet after time's up....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”