June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

sunniebunnie

New

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all

Post by sunniebunnie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:39 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:
sunniebunnie wrote:I'm new to this site but have been following along since June 12.

After PT average of 171.4, I was crushed to see a 165 :oops: . I mean my cold diagnostic was 161. Crushed.

RC: -3
LR: -3
LR -2
LG: -8 (!!!)

Unlike many of you on this site, Logic Games are my biggest weakness. However, I usually don't completely blow an entire game! The Milan/Sydney/Tokyo game :oops: . I never really got a handle on grouping games during my prep...

Now... I am new to TLS...I only prepped for about two months with a total of 10 preptests... I took a Kaplan course (because they're partnered with my school and I basically didn't have to pay for it). At least their library of materials was useful and I knew I needed to self-study to make it work. I became confident with my Preptest scores, using real proctoring conditions.. I got 176s, 173, etc.

Now this?! I was already registered for September but I need to change my study method.

So.. Any advice moving forward? I NEED TO NAIL GAMES -0 every time. I'm looking into 7sage videos, and I ordered the LG Bible last night. I think I should focus almost exclusively on LG and only work on LR/RC thru PrepTests to keep them fresh in my mind. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
I got from -15ish to -4 in games with 7sage videos alone essentially. Found them incredibly helpful. Just watched them for hours several days in a row.
The free videos, right? Did you just watch them, or did you follow along/do the questions beforehand and then watch?

CAParker

New

Post by CAParker » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:41 am

I got my score back almost exactly 5 hours after my icons turned grey, but my 171 was worth the wait!

I was -1 for RC, -2 and -1 for LR, and -4 for LG. It's odd - LG is normally my best section (It was rare that I missed more than 1 in a practice test), and RC was always my worst (rare to miss less than 3 or 4). For whatever reason, they flipped on this test, but the result was about the same.

Thank you all for suffering in wait with me!

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:46 am

Congrats to everyone who is happy and good luck to those re-taking!

After sleeping on mine a night and reviewing the part-time school options and their LSAT ranges I'm even more comfortable with my score and therefore unless I got waitlisted/rejected for some weird reason I'm going to stick with what I got. I'm comfortably within the range of all part-time schools with the possible exception of Georgetown and I'm above the 75% percentile for all schools I would consider. I'm somewhat limited by where I can move to work-wise as they will be paying for a portion of school (need to have a local operating company to office in) and then further limited by the fact that I require there to be an actual winter and mountains.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:48 am

coskigirl wrote:Congrats to everyone who is happy and good luck to those re-taking!

After sleeping on mine a night and reviewing the part-time school options and their LSAT ranges I'm even more comfortable with my score and therefore unless I got waitlisted/rejected for some weird reason I'm going to stick with what I got. I'm comfortably within the range of all part-time schools with the possible exception of Georgetown and I'm above the 75% percentile for all schools I would consider. I'm somewhat limited by where I can move to work-wise as they will be paying for a portion of school (need to have a local operating company to office in) and then further limited by the fact that I require there to be an actual winter and mountains.

all of a sudden i understand your username

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:51 am

sunniebunnie wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
sunniebunnie wrote:I'm new to this site but have been following along since June 12.

After PT average of 171.4, I was crushed to see a 165 :oops: . I mean my cold diagnostic was 161. Crushed.

RC: -3
LR: -3
LR -2
LG: -8 (!!!)

Unlike many of you on this site, Logic Games are my biggest weakness. However, I usually don't completely blow an entire game! The Milan/Sydney/Tokyo game :oops: . I never really got a handle on grouping games during my prep...

Now... I am new to TLS...I only prepped for about two months with a total of 10 preptests... I took a Kaplan course (because they're partnered with my school and I basically didn't have to pay for it). At least their library of materials was useful and I knew I needed to self-study to make it work. I became confident with my Preptest scores, using real proctoring conditions.. I got 176s, 173, etc.

Now this?! I was already registered for September but I need to change my study method.

So.. Any advice moving forward? I NEED TO NAIL GAMES -0 every time. I'm looking into 7sage videos, and I ordered the LG Bible last night. I think I should focus almost exclusively on LG and only work on LR/RC thru PrepTests to keep them fresh in my mind. Has anyone else been in a similar situation?
I got from -15ish to -4 in games with 7sage videos alone essentially. Found them incredibly helpful. Just watched them for hours several days in a row.
The free videos, right? Did you just watch them, or did you follow along/do the questions beforehand and then watch?
Did games, then watched videos while following along

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
heyduchess wrote:I DID IT. THE SCORE YOU ALL WANTED.

169. So do I retake??
That was the borderline score for me tbh. Idk, depends on GPA, goals, debt adversity, etc. It's certainly a good score, but like were you PT'ing much higher?
I'm retaking. Just registered. I NEVER miss LG and missed 2. I was PT'ing around 170-174 with a spattering of burnout 168's the last two weeks. Makes me think I need to be way less Tracy Flick about this September test.

I just know y'all were joking about 169.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
heyduchess wrote: So do I retake??
Oh geeze, you got the fun score. Honestly I was leaning towards a retake if I got that score but I went back and forth on what I would do for the entire time I was waiting. IIRC your PT average was a good bit higher than that so you can probably beat it, but you'll still get really good outcomes with that score!
I want that Pritzker ED $$$, so I'm retaking. But, as one of my best friends said... "You got a 169?! That's so on-brand for you." (WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?)

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
coskigirl wrote:Congrats to everyone who is happy and good luck to those re-taking!

Whooooooa. Same tbh. *mind blows*

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:09 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Oh geeze, you got the fun score. Honestly I was leaning towards a retake if I got that score but I went back and forth on what I would do for the entire time I was waiting. IIRC your PT average was a good bit higher than that so you can probably beat it, but you'll still get really good outcomes with that score!
I want that Pritzker ED $$$, so I'm retaking. But, as one of my best friends said... "You got a 169?! That's so on-brand for you." (WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?)
For what it's worth, a 169 got me into NU with a modest scholarship last cycle. What's your gpa?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:11 pm

181plz wrote:
Where about in Milwaukee? I live on the north side
you mean the east side or the legit north side?

I live with my parents in stallis for the summer but I go to school at a uw.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 pm

The number of new threads about retaking is too damn high!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:The number of new threads about retaking is too damn high!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:28 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
For what it's worth, a 169 got me into NU with a modest scholarship last cycle. What's your gpa?
Not where it needs to be for NU money. I'm a splitter. (I'm 4ish years out of school, but a split is still a split.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:39 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Made the 170+ club everybody!

So glad to see the hard work pay off

Congrats on the 171!!!
Congrats to you too buddy (173 right?). Glad we both made it where we needed to be. Should be a fun cycle. I expect really good results for both of us!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:46 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:The number of new threads about retaking is too damn high!
Sorry, was kinda stressed out earlier. But holla! Hope the gods of fortune smile on us in September!

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:48 pm

heyduchess wrote:

Whooooooa. Same tbh. *mind blows*
You guys are too funny. Yep, I ski. As much as possible. Last season I got in 34 ski days and my trip to Chile next month is to ski as well. I also coached ski racing for 9 years (that's a good soft, right?). I realize that it will be severely curtailed during school but I want to be able to dart up the hill for a few hours when I can afford the time and around here we have at least one mountain that stays open into June so I'll get to ski after spring semester is done.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Platopus wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Made the 170+ club everybody!

So glad to see the hard work pay off

Congrats on the 171!!!
Congrats to you too buddy (173 right?). Glad we both made it where we needed to be. Should be a fun cycle. I expect really good results for both of us!
congrats from me as well my friend!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:03 pm

The June study group thread got to 168 pages...I will never forgive you guys for doing this to me.

Anyway, if anyone who isn't retaking has PTs 72-80, I may be willing to take those off your hands for you if the price is right. Holler at me!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:17 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:The June study group thread got to 168 pages...I will never forgive you guys for doing this to me.

Anyway, if anyone who isn't retaking has PTs 72-80, I may be willing to take those off your hands for you if the price is right. Holler at me!
If a second person happens to have these for sale, I'm looking to buy these PTs also!
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:25 pm

What do y'all think?

Did this test favor those who are bad at LG?

My strength is LG and my weakness is LR. I usually go -0,-1 in LG. If I retake in September, and it has harder LG and similar LR sections, would I get a higher score?

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:29 pm

calmike wrote:What do y'all think?

I think the opposite. People who are bad at LG can usually rely on a curve that gives them some leeway. So if someone still didn't perform to the "easier" LG section and instead performed at their LG average, then they couldn't rely on a curve to save them.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:32 pm

principalagent wrote:
calmike wrote:What do y'all think?

I think the opposite. People who are bad at LG can usually rely on a curve that gives them some leeway. So if someone still didn't perform to the "easier" LG section and instead performed at their LG average, then they couldn't rely on a curve to save them.
Ehh I'm not sure I agree. This LG was suuuuuuper easy, so much so that even people who struggle with LG should have had not much trouble with it. Overall it was just a brutal curve. Anything below -10 just leaves so little room for error.

I think the key to this test was how good you were at LR. Turns out RC really wasn't that bad (except the psych passage), and games were simple, so LR I think was the defining factor for lots of people. So, if you're good at LR, but bad at LG, this was probably a good test for you. If you're great at LG and bad at LR, probably a bummer.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”