June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

Walliums

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Post by Walliums » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Walliums wrote:So does anyone know yet how differently they will be studying for a September retake? I know I am still holding off on picking up the PTs because I got super burned out before the test and didn't pick up on it until too late :/. But wondering if anyone is already thinking about taking a different approach.
Doubt I'm retaking, but if I do end up retaking, it'll be the same prep - 3 PTs a week. I know the LSAT, I averaged 172+ on my last 15 tests, if I did worse than that on test day, it's just unfortunate, not a fundamental problem in my prep/lack of readiness.
This wasn't your first take right, wasn't it your third?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

lynn.wibi wrote: I really, really, really do not want to retake.
+180

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Walliums wrote:
Walliums wrote:So does anyone know yet how differently they will be studying for a September retake? I know I am still holding off on picking up the PTs because I got super burned out before the test and didn't pick up on it until too late :/. But wondering if anyone is already thinking about taking a different approach.
Doubt I'm retaking, but if I do end up retaking, it'll be the same prep - 3 PTs a week. I know the LSAT, I averaged 172+ on my last 15 tests, if I did worse than that on test day, it's just unfortunate, not a fundamental problem in my prep/lack of readiness.
This wasn't your first take right, wasn't it your third?
Yep. First take was legit cold (as in never had seen anything LSAT ever). Second take was the result of 4 weeks study after I got my Sept score and was like 'damn, i'm actually pretty good at this, wonder how much better I can get'. Decided end of March that I was going to re-cycle and studied for the 2.5 months. Think it's hard to be unhappy with a 20 test average >172. If I missed that on June, it's 100% I messed up RC, and that would just be unfortunate.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:07 pm

it's allgood wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:So uh maybe this is a weirdness about me, but I don't understand how so many prospective law students have 'favorite' SCOTUS judges and that sort of thing.

Is it similar to how people who are awful/inexperienced at sports still have favorite sports teams or something?
Not the same at all. Wait until you start reading Supreme Court opinions--you will too have favorites! You will spend hours upon hours reading them. I love Brennan!!!!!!!!!! His arguments are art! Dude......your emoji says pros before hos. How can you not understand?????
Maybe I phrased that poorly. I have read a few opinions, and I definitely have authors who I found more humorous/engaging/whatever, but nowhere near enough to get to the point of actively writing about how much I love/don't love a certain justice.

Just seems kind of weird to me.
I agree with you. Plus I have a policy of actively disliking anyone who works in any of the three branches of government.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:19 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:So uh maybe this is a weirdness about me, but I don't understand how so many prospective law students have 'favorite' SCOTUS judges and that sort of thing.

Is it similar to how people who are awful/inexperienced at sports still have favorite sports teams or something?
Not the same at all. Wait until you start reading Supreme Court opinions--you will too have favorites! You will spend hours upon hours reading them. I love Brennan!!!!!!!!!! His arguments are art! Dude......your emoji says pros before hos. How can you not understand?????
Maybe I phrased that poorly. I have read a few opinions, and I definitely have authors who I found more humorous/engaging/whatever, but nowhere near enough to get to the point of actively writing about how much I love/don't love a certain justice.

I agree with you. Plus I have a policy of actively disliking anyone who works in any of the three branches of government.
Not understanding how this is weird..? Do you not have people you admire or deeply respect? Do you not have role models? How does our current academic status have anything to do with following a group of accomplished people in the field we're looking to join?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:26 pm

heyduchess wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
it's allgood wrote:

Not understanding how this is weird..? Do you not have people you admire or deeply respect? Do you not have role models? How does our current academic status have anything to do with following a group of accomplished people in the field we're looking to join?
I guess in my life, all my role models/people I deeply admire/respect are people I actually know/have a relationship with. Like I said, it could just be a me thing that's weird.

But, I'm not good at football - and I love my college team. So I was wondering if it was a similar sort of thing. Really just trying to understand, that's all.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:36 pm

I don't really get attachment to one specific justice either. I think they're all interesting. Yeah you might like one particular persons writing style or a philosophy might resonate but they're all interesting in their own right

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm

I think it's different than sports tho bc scotus has a real impact on how people practice law so that's like one reason to follow

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Poll idea: "Gray Day" or "Grey Day"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:38 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:Poll idea: "Gray Day" or "Grey Day"
GREY

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:38 pm

QueenBAYder wrote:Poll idea: "Gray Day" or "Grey Day"
No its gray

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Gray

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm with Jimmy, I think Grey

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm

It's definitely gray, but I'm on team GREY DAY

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm

heyduchess wrote:
I guess in my life, all my role models/people I deeply admire/respect are people I actually know/have a relationship with. Like I said, it could just be a me thing that's weird.

But, I'm not good at football - and I love my college team. So I was wondering if it was a similar sort of thing. Really just trying to understand, that's all.
I just think it's weird to deeply admire a supreme court justice. It's a partisan game where the players are/have always been pretty uninspiring. Sure, I might find some of RBG's opinions good because they align with my own, but I'm just not the person to deeply admire her because of that. It's all subjective, of course, but that's my view.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 pm

I wish I hadn't come back to these boards before the score came back....it's too early for me to be getting worked up lol

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 pm

I refuse to say the sizes at Starbucks

I'll have a large coffee pls

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:02 pm

I agree on the point that there is supposed to be a confliction of thought in the court, and so actually favoring one justice over another is irrelevant, even to a lib or conservative. In other words, it doesn't matter who you favor, and it's these disagreements that make the court the way it is.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 pm

FWIW, I just didn't know what anonymous thing to make my username/avatar and was inspired by the Gorsuch guy to go the SCJ route...

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:I wish I hadn't come back to these boards before the score came back....it's too early for me to be getting worked up lol
You're not alone fam. Heart palpitation has been steadily increasing since Saturday.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I refuse to say the sizes at Starbucks

but venti iced caramel macchiato tho

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:05 pm

One time I asked for vanilla in whatever drink I ordered. Barista asked me how many pumps of it I wanted. Like uhhh, you work here not me, how the hell am I supposed to know?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:16 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote: One time I asked for vanilla in whatever drink I ordered. Barista asked me how many pumps of it I wanted. Like uhhh, you work here not me, how the hell am I supposed to know?
well, I can see why they asked you how many pumps. if you just tell them you want vanilla pumps in it without telling them how much, how are they supposed to know :lol:

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Mikey wrote:

but venti large iced caramel macchiato tho

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Mikey wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote: One time I asked for vanilla in whatever drink I ordered. Barista asked me how many pumps of it I wanted. Like uhhh, you work here not me, how the hell am I supposed to know?
well, I can see why they asked you how many pumps. if you just tell them you want vanilla pumps in it without telling them how much, how are they supposed to know :lol:
lol i just said vanilla! I have no knowledge of the pump system, I was just expecting whatever was the normal amount of vanilla. If I ask for extra crispy chicken wings, they don't ask me how long I want them fried, they just give me crispy wings haha.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”