June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

Platopus

Gold

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for gray

Post by Platopus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:09 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Platopus wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:Is anyone else here involved politically? Just anecdotally, it seems like eager potential law students are drawn to political orgs. I was a Hill intern in college, did some volunteering for the Clinton campaign, and now I volunteer with Battleground Texas and my local Democratic Party. I have some concern that having such an explicit political bend might taint my app in the eyes of some adcomms, but given the liberal leaning nature of most law it probably isn't much to worry about. I can probably rule out a Gorsuch clerkship in a few years though.
Shouldn't really be a problem, unless you come across as one of those naive "I want to be a lawyer so I can get into politics" type. You're correct, most law schools are pretty liberal, and even so, I doubt your political orientation would be the issue, it's really a matter of coming across as either 1) arrogant or 2) naive.
I have 0 interest in getting involved in politics myself, it's almost more of a hobby. I have four PS ideas, and none include political activism for fear of being either of the two things you mentioned.
Then you are on the right track, my friend.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Platopus wrote:Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.
Is the consensus that tomorrow is the first day there is a realistic chance of getting scores back?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:Will be compulsively checking this tread tomorrow for any sign of movement. I have next week off work, so motivation is really low to get anything serious done. Will probably just put out dumpster fires as they come in, but that's it.
Is the consensus that tomorrow is the first day there is a realistic chance of getting scores back?
Consensus, no. Will i check compulsively anyway, yes.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 pm

lynn.wibi wrote:
Wait, what, where and when is this? This is super helpful Jimmy--thanks!
July 22nd at the omni shoreham
2500 Calvert Street NW
Washington, DC 20008

If you search to LSAC forum DC it should get you a link to the registration page

Meanwhile, THREAD MEETUP with the number of people considering and in the area! Just to make DM jealous :-p

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:27 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:Is anyone else here involved politically? Just anecdotally, it seems like eager potential law students are drawn to political orgs. I was a Hill intern in college, did some volunteering for the Clinton campaign, and now I volunteer with Battleground Texas and my local Democratic Party. I have some concern that having such an explicit political bend might taint my app in the eyes of some adcomms, but given the liberal leaning nature of most law it probably isn't much to worry about. I can probably rule out a Gorsuch clerkship in a few years though.
I volunteered for Romney in 2012, an issue based Super PAC in 2014, Rand Paul and then later Gary Johnson in 2016. I'm also the President of our political science honors society and did some state level grant lobbying with a fellowship. So yeah, pretty political.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:35 am

While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 am

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:18 am

dm1683 wrote:Does everyone in this damn thread live near DC? every time I hear something about a meetup or event it's in DC.
Not me. On west coast.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 am

QueenBAYder wrote:In case anyone was wondering,
From powerscore, the times when icons went GREY for the last several tests:
June 2015: 6:11 pm
October 2015: 6:39 pm
December 2015: 4:32 pm
February 2016: 4:33 pm
June 2016: 4:35 pm
September 2016: 4:27 pm
December 2016: 4:29 pm
February 2017: 4:56 pm
At least I won't be at work when I get my score

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:51 am

Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 am

What is Aleppo?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 am

Walliums wrote:
Got excited when I saw Houston, less so when I saw the date. Thirsty for those fee waivers
Yeah, in my mind, late October / early November is getting too late in the season, but technically that's still early and before ED deadlines.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am

chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?
ooooooh boy you will be ripped to shreds in the off-topics if you make it there. A fellow C/O 2020 poster, bwaldorf, is certainly right of center. She has been harassed a bit for that because this site is super liberal. I personally am a small "l" libertarian. I usually vote left because of my social liberalness. I vote libertarian when it's an option, even though some of the platforms for the party are whacky. but otherwise often vote Dem. I vote for some repubs in the local elections because everyone in my area is pretty far right regardless of party affiliation.

Libertarians also get ripped to shreds on here. #TaxationIsTheft #DefendThe2nd #LegalizeFreedom

I voted for Gary in 2016
I'm actually a registered Libertarian, even though the party is whack. I was with the GOP but the whole Trump nonsense made it clear that small l libertarians aren't really welcome anymore. If there isn't a Libertarian on the ticket (or they are absolutely insane) I tend to vote Republican more often then Democrat since economic issues are more important to me, but I'll vote for a centrist Dem if the Republican is some religious right/alt right nutjob. #TaxationIsTheft

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 am

Walliums wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:While we're on the subject of politics, anyone else right of center? Or am I alone?
ooooooh boy you will be ripped to shreds in the off-topics if you make it there. A fellow C/O 2020 poster, bwaldorf, is certainly right of center. She has been harassed a bit for that because this site is super liberal. I personally am a small "l" libertarian. I usually vote left because of my social liberalness. I vote libertarian when it's an option, even though some of the platforms for the party are whacky. but otherwise often vote Dem. I vote for some repubs in the local elections because everyone in my area is pretty far right regardless of party affiliation.

Libertarians also get ripped to shreds on here. #TaxationIsTheft #DefendThe2nd #LegalizeFreedom

I voted for Gary in 2016
I find it slightly ironic that a super liberal site likes to shit on another liberal hivemind (Reddit)
I think its mostly because /r/LSAT is full of sub 160s scrubs.

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:54 am

Platopus wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Consensus, no. Will i check compulsively anyway, yes.
Story of my life since 6/12 tbh...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:16 am

I'm right, closer to center than most of my area, but still pretty far right. In general, I think we need to let the states and even smaller local bodies have more control and get the federal gov't out of it.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am

Right to right-center. Mostly because of ideological/moral differences between myself and beliefs that come from what I believe about the world vs the left.

There are probably a few of us around here, we just tend to be quieter about our political leanings due to how numerous/outspoken the other side is. For me, I mostly don't engage in those sorts of discussions/arguments, because I've found they tend to work out *exactly* the same online as they do in person - no one changes their mind because everyone has already decided what/how they're going to believe/lean, so the argument typically does nothing more than make some people angry cause unneeded tension among otherwise-similar people.

tuatarian

New

Post by tuatarian » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:37 am

From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

So do we think this means it's unlikely they will release scores on the 3rd?

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:39 am

tuatarian wrote:From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

Given this info I'm tempted to believe we won't hear back until the 5 because telling us before a 4-day weekend would likely be a disaster for them.
They apparently still release scores while closed

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:39 am

tuatarian wrote:From LSAC Twitter: "LSAC will be closed Mon. July 3 and Tues. July 4 for the Independence Day holiday. This will not affect our websites. Have a great holiday!"

Alternatively, they don't have to answer phone calls from people complaining/freaking out

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:43 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Alternatively, they don't have to answer phone calls from people complaining/freaking out
I like this line of thought. "We're closing the 3rd and 4th so we can release them Friday after 5 and not have to deal with them until Thursday next week"

QueenBAYder

Bronze

Post by QueenBAYder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:43 am

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Maybe wishful thinking but I feel like this points to scores coming out tomorrow or Friday. What do you say Future Ex-Engineer? Does this change your odds at all?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”