June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:51 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:Make sure your alligator is eating the bigger number, HenryHankPalmer.

Re poll: It's obvious, but don't forget Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt. Find some good men over 45 too. Wait, do we only get to pick one?
Aubrey Plaza and Ellen Page are great choices. And Tegan AND Sara of Tegan and Sara.
Aubrey plaza would totally have a sex slave

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm comforted by seeing all my fellow splitters in this group. I was worried all you TLS overachievers had 4.0s from Williams and Berkeley. Thanks to my younger and wilder days, I'm comfortably below median at most T1 schools, despite having a 4.0 for my last two years of coursework. Praying I get an email with a score <75% somewhere between June 30-July 3.

Also I'm onboard for the sex slave poll. That is not something I ever expected to say on this forum.
Who do u suggest
Gal Gadot, Aubrey Plaza, Emma Watson

I'm comfortable enough to say Idris Elba is a beautiful man.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:56 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm comforted by seeing all my fellow splitters in this group. I was worried all you TLS overachievers had 4.0s from Williams and Berkeley. Thanks to my younger and wilder days, I'm comfortably below median at most T1 schools, despite having a 4.0 for my last two years of coursework. Praying I get an email with a score <75% somewhere between June 30-July 3.

Also I'm onboard for the sex slave poll. That is not something I ever expected to say on this forum.
Who do u suggest

Anti-poll topic. (As my interest in employment law stems from experience with sexual harassment...)

BUT WHAT'S UP FELLOW SPLITTERS!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:05 pm

principalagent wrote:
vtdelt wrote: I may be wrong on this but I don't think they actually start going through apps until late January so you could in theory apply with your June score so you have your consideration spot near the front and just your score gets updated after the next test if you do retake. I'm confirming tomorrow when I have my call with Spivey and friends.
Schools definitely go through apps pretty early on. I know Duke can return a decision 10 days after file completion through priority track, and other schools notify as early as October.
UVA also admitted a guy within 24 hours of applying on September 1st at midnight this cycle.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
vtdelt wrote: I may be wrong on this but I don't think they actually start going through apps until late January so you could in theory apply with your June score so you have your consideration spot near the front and just your score gets updated after the next test if you do retake. I'm confirming tomorrow when I have my call with Spivey and friends.
Schools definitely go through apps pretty early on. I know Duke can return a decision 10 days after file completion through priority track, and other schools notify as early as October.
UVA also admitted a guy within 24 hours of applying on September 1st at midnight this cycle.
If you apply with a score on record and are retaking, you need to tell the schools that you're retaking and to hold your app unless you're retaking to sit the cycle out. They could make decisions before your new score comes out. And if you have good stats Duke will offer the PT app and it's really cool to get a t13 acceptance out of the way quickly

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Random question that's been flying through my mind lately, if I want Florida Big Law/Fed Clerk (which isn't my only target but lets assume it is for now) would I have a good shot at it from lower T13 with strong legal and personal ties to the state, or is it really such an insular market that UF would give you a better shot?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Random question that's been flying through my mind lately, if I want Florida Big Law/Fed Clerk (which isn't my only target but lets assume it is for now) would I have a good shot at it from lower T13 with strong legal and personal ties to the state, or is it really such an insular market that UF would give you a better shot?
I looked at the associates' education at the top firms in my state to better gauge this.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Random question that's been flying through my mind lately, if I want Florida Big Law/Fed Clerk (which isn't my only target but lets assume it is for now) would I have a good shot at it from lower T13 with strong legal and personal ties to the state, or is it really such an insular market that UF would give you a better shot?
I just want to remind you that the FL market as a whole is a tough market to crack, nonetheless their BL market.

I second chargers with Duke being a good choice for FL though. But still, see where some recent associates at FL's BL firms went to school at though.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Walliums wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Who do u suggest

Anti-poll topic. (As my interest in employment law stems from experience with sexual harassment...)

Well I guess we could make it less sex-slavey and less creepy....
I was thinking of ways to do this

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
I beltuva was the only school moving (aggressively) early in the cycle last year

I also know someone who was admitted within 24 hours of applying, on the day apps were due lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:37 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
If you apply with a score on record and are retaking, you need to tell the schools that you're retaking and to hold your app unless you're retaking to sit the cycle out. They could make decisions before your new score comes out. And if you have good stats Duke will offer the PT app and it's really cool to get a t13 acceptance out of the way quickly
That's really interesting to hear of someone going Florida BL from Cornell!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Mikey wrote:
I just want to remind you that the FL market as a whole is a tough market to crack, nonetheless their BL market.

I second chargers with Duke being a good choice for FL though. But still, see where some recent associates at FL's BL firms went to school at though.
Yeah Florida BL is tough to crack, which is why I am planning on targeting multiple other markets. And as you and others have said, I'll look into where new associates at FL BL firms went to school. I'm mainly just thinking out loud here in order to get the LSAT out of my head, the real research will be done later.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Mikey wrote:

Yeah, if his priorities go something like Florida BL > generic BL > generic Florida law, Duke gives plenty of great options in case Florida doesn't come to fruition. UF/FSU would not. Now, if he wants Florida BL and in the event he misses that train he wants Florida small law, and does not want to go elsewhere at all, then UF and FSU make some sense

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah Florida BL is tough to crack, which is why I am planning on targeting multiple other markets. And as you and others have said, I'll look into where new associates at FL BL firms went to school. I'm mainly just thinking out loud here in order to get the LSAT out of my head, the real research will be done later.
You're likely going to see that many went to UF and FSU. At my home market firms, almost everyone went to my UG or the ttt in the city. I still think my t13 degree would allow me the chance to go back with some grade flexibility

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Walliums wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:

Who do u suggest

Well I guess we could make it less sex-slavey and less creepy....
I was thinking of ways to do this
Change it from sex slave to who would you like to make sweet sweet love to.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
principalagent wrote:
Well crap, that screws with things depending on my June score with retaking in December to try and get even higher... :roll:

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:41 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote: UVA also admitted a guy within 24 hours of applying on September 1st at midnight this cycle.
I'd be so pumped to hear back that quickly

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Yeah, if his priorities go something like Florida BL > generic BL > generic Florida law, Duke gives plenty of great options in case Florida doesn't come to fruition. UF/FSU would not. Now, if he wants Florida BL and in the event he misses that train he wants Florida small law, and does not want to go elsewhere at all, then UF and FSU make some sense
My priorities are currently Federal Clerkship > Florida BL > DC BL > Southern BL > NY BL > Florida Small Law/PI/State Government. Duke and UVA seem to be far and away the best schools for fulfilling these goals, with Cornell and Vandy being up there as well, despite location and lower BL% respectively. In the event I do not initially practice in Florida I'd want to eventually lateral into midlaw/in house in Florida, although I'm open to living elsewhere long term.

Gotta get that LSAT first though!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 pm

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:18 am

I'm so tired of being in limbo, I don't think I've ever been this anxious about anything. I felt most confident immediately after the test, so I'm trying to bring those feelings to the forefront because this self doubt makes it so much worse haha.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 am

MediocreAtBest wrote:I'm so tired of being in limbo, I don't think I've ever been this anxious about anything. I felt most confident immediately after the test, so I'm trying to bring those feelings to the forefront because this self doubt makes it so much worse haha.
Oh, you don't know what being LSAT anxious is until you've met the beloved sweettort. <3
Alexandros wrote:
Amirite or amirite

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”