June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

Experiment626

Silver

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:19 am

I haven't had a LSAT related dream in about 5 days...

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 am

Just met with Dean Z at UMich. The rumors are true- NICEST PERSON EVER. She even gave me advice on my PS (although it was a bit obvious tbh). The campus is fantastic and gorgeous especially the reading room (my Catholic upbringing appreciates the architecture).

Michigan is now my #2 after Chicago. Haters be damned it was very impressive.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 am

dm1683 wrote: Michigan is now my #2 after Chicago. Haters be damned it was very impressive.
Nice! That's awesome that you got the chance to do that. Michigan has a gorgeous campus overall, and it's an amazing school.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:57 am

Raise your hand if you have lost all motivation to be a productive adult

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 am

Walliums wrote:Raise your hand if you have lost all motivation to be a productive adult
what is adulting

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Walliums wrote:Raise your hand if you have lost all motivation to be a productive adult
*looks for raised hand emoji* oh wait it doesn't exist on here...

I am definitely not as productive as I normally am and I fear it's going to be like this for 2 more weeks as I continue to oscillate between pessimistic and optimistic. I literally made an Amazon order of more LSAT prep supplies/PTs, canceled it because I thought I was being hasty, reordered, and canceled yesterday. Even almost registered for December to ensure I get a center close to my house versus 45 minutes away...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 pm

vtdelt wrote:

I am definitely not as productive as I normally am and I fear it's going to be like this for 2 more weeks as I continue to oscillate between pessimistic and optimistic. I literally made an Amazon order of more LSAT prep supplies/PTs, canceled it because I thought I was being hasty, reordered, and canceled yesterday. Even almost registered for December to ensure I get a center close to my house versus 45 minutes away...

I am forcing myself to take prep test 76 today. I already completed it a few weeks ago, I just want to get the juices flowing again in case I have to take the September test I registered for.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:Since this thread is becoming an LSAT dream journal, last night I dreamt that I accidentally stayed outside too long on the break, so when the proctor let me back in I had five minutes to take the whole fourth section.
Last night, I had a dream that I was back in high school and I couldn't go to college if I had any tardies and my feet wouldn't let me in the building. Actual anxiety attack.

FWIW, I'm 24 and graduated high school 7 years ago.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:31 pm

I had a dream
We were sipping whiskey neat
Highest floor of The Bowery
Nowhere's high enough
Somewhere along the lines
We stopped seeing eye to eye
You were staying out all night
And I had enough

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LesPaul1995

Bronze

Post by LesPaul1995 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:I am sympathetic to the point of view that not conducting due dilligence or even going to a top school is a poor decision - one of the main reasons we congregate on this site is because of the valuable wisdom that is not found elsewhere. That being said, the majority of people don't really care about going to a top school. I know this website believes t13 or die (as do I), but the reality is it is not a necessity to even get biglaw. In delaware the big 4 that pay $160 are: Richards, Layton & Finger, Morris Nichols Arscht & Tunnel, Potter Anderson, & Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor (& also Skadden which pays lockstep NYC starting $180). You may look up any of these firms and look at the associates' education, and the vast majority of them did not go to t13. The majority graduated from regionals like Villanova, Temple, etc., and while the majority of them also graduated at least cum laude, the t13 is at least overblown for places like DE which is Tier 1 for certain corporate law and especially bankruptcy (not to mention Phillys regional market). I get that you can't go in saying you will graduate top of your class, and this is a good enough reason to retake in some instances, but the reality is that for perhaps scholarship reasons or simply not "doing research on tls" they did end up going and became successful.
I don't think "T13 or die" is a firm TLS mantra. Nor is "retake until 170+" (although I agree that "retake" is too often a knee jerk response which fails to take into account individual circumstances). Most informed people on here will tell you that if you want to work in a small firm in a specific region where you have ties, going to a lower ranked school like Temple or Wisconsin or even Wyoming with a good sized scholarship is a good decision. As for retaking, it is almost always a good decision, but the issue is whether not retaking is a good decision, which depends both on the person's numbers and their goals-for example a 3.8/170 who wants generic biglaw doesn't have to retake because he or she can go to Cornell or Duke or UVA with $$$ but a 3.8/170 who wants to clerk for the Supreme Court will likely have to retake in order for the best chance at achieving their goals.
Yeah TLS isn't really T14 or bust. Personally, I'm seriously considering Vandy, UT, Emory and UF if the price is right, although I'd obviously prefer T14.
spend some time on the choosing law school sub section of this forum and try to convince yourself it isn't t13 or die. Respected schools in the t tens and twentys are bashed, let alone the aforementioned schools e.g. Temple and villy.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
LesPaul1995 wrote:I am sympathetic to the point of view that not conducting due dilligence or even going to a top school is a poor decision - one of the main reasons we congregate on this site is because of the valuable wisdom that is not found elsewhere. That being said, the majority of people don't really care about going to a top school. I know this website believes t13 or die (as do I), but the reality is it is not a necessity to even get biglaw. In delaware the big 4 that pay $160 are: Richards, Layton & Finger, Morris Nichols Arscht & Tunnel, Potter Anderson, & Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor (& also Skadden which pays lockstep NYC starting $180). You may look up any of these firms and look at the associates' education, and the vast majority of them did not go to t13. The majority graduated from regionals like Villanova, Temple, etc., and while the majority of them also graduated at least cum laude, the t13 is at least overblown for places like DE which is Tier 1 for certain corporate law and especially bankruptcy (not to mention Phillys regional market). I get that you can't go in saying you will graduate top of your class, and this is a good enough reason to retake in some instances, but the reality is that for perhaps scholarship reasons or simply not "doing research on tls" they did end up going and became successful.
I don't think "T13 or die" is a firm TLS mantra. Nor is "retake until 170+" (although I agree that "retake" is too often a knee jerk response which fails to take into account individual circumstances). Most informed people on here will tell you that if you want to work in a small firm in a specific region where you have ties, going to a lower ranked school like Temple or Wisconsin or even Wyoming with a good sized scholarship is a good decision. As for retaking, it is almost always a good decision, but the issue is whether not retaking is a good decision, which depends both on the person's numbers and their goals-for example a 3.8/170 who wants generic biglaw doesn't have to retake because he or she can go to Cornell or Duke or UVA with $$$ but a 3.8/170 who wants to clerk for the Supreme Court will likely have to retake in order for the best chance at achieving their goals.
Yeah TLS isn't really T14 or bust. Personally, I'm seriously considering Vandy, UT, Emory and UF if the price is right, although I'd obviously prefer T14.
spend some time on the choosing law school sub section of this forum and try to convince yourself it isn't t13 or die. Respected schools in the t tens and twentys are bashed, let alone the aforementioned schools e.g. Temple and villy.
I've seen plenty of instances where a T20 or state flagship have been recommended when the $$ and OPs goals were right. Its the "I'll just go to a TTT at sticker and place in the top of my class" that TLS is really against.

zkyggi

Bronze

Post by zkyggi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:43 pm

I have now forgotten enough of the June LSAT to stop worrying about my score. Three cheers for bad memory?
Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:I've seen plenty of instances where a T20 or state flagship have been recommended when the $$ and OPs goals were right. Its the "I'll just go to a TTT at sticker and place in the top of my class" that TLS is really against.
Yeah, just this spring alone I saw a ton of instances where Texas, UCLA/USC, Vandy and WashU were encouraged over even T6 schools.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:48 pm

zkyggi wrote:I have now forgotten enough of the June LSAT to stop worrying about my score. Three cheers for bad memory?
Right there with you. All I can remember is how RC will make or break my score...

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm

This site emphasizes financials and goals a lot more than just what school. If you want BL, yes, people will tell you to shoot for t13 and retake left and right

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:56 pm

zkyggi wrote:I have now forgotten enough of the June LSAT to stop worrying about my score. Three cheers for bad memory?
I spent most of last week worried about isotopes and steam, and who can visit Tokyo, but now I can't remember much else. It's sort of liberating.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 pm

I think I've just blocked it all out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:04 pm

What is supressing memories?

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:What is supressing memories?
I don't know. Can't remember

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:44 pm

it's allgood wrote: Oh jeeze. I thought it meant bad -- but that really is a great descriptor! Thank for letting me know!
this will be helpful moving forward: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=18478

Typing Puppy

Silver

Post by Typing Puppy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I had a dream
Nowhere's high enough
And I had enough
Thanks, I can never figure out what she's saying in that third line.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:11 pm

LesPaul1995 wrote:
vtdelt wrote:

I am forcing myself to take prep test 76 today. I already completed it a few weeks ago, I just want to get the juices flowing again in case I have to take the September test I registered for.
I couldn't study at all. Registered for September but didn't have the motivation to open any LSAT books :( And the test is only 3 months away!

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Someone mentioned orangutans yesterday an it triggered my ptsd

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Typing Puppy wrote:
HenryHankPalmer wrote:I had a dream
Nowhere's high enough
And I had enough
Thanks, I can never figure out what she's saying in that third line.
Thought she was saying "highest floor of the gallery"

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:45 pm

mmorrell94 wrote:
calmike wrote:Ive been playing Friday the 13th The game the past week to relieve my stress.

how is it???

I really like it. I can't wait to get home and play it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”