June 2017 Waiters Thread- Grayday! -9 curve. GL all Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

What did you get? (Presumptive release day poll. Revolting enabled)

177+
6%
175+
4%
173+
15%
170+
17%
167+
19%
165+
11%
163+
10%
160+
6%
159 -
12%

Total votes: 143

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Re: June 2017 Waiters Thread- Dowsing for 180s

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Dec actually has the most first time takers iirc

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:Dec actually has the most first time takers iirc
Wow, for that same cycle? Seems late

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Walliums wrote:
Agreed. It would make more sense that they're first time takers for the next cycle. IE Dec 17 for Fall 19 admissions.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Walliums wrote:
Agreed. It would make more sense that they're first time takers for the next cycle. IE Dec 17 for Fall 19 admissions.
Right. Last year I had plans to take December but I wasn't religious about studying so I postponed. But it was always to apply for CO 2021

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Meanwhile MBC, you haven't responded to my poll suggestion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:50 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Walliums wrote:
The majority of applications actually come in jan. Only for TLS is dec 1 late lol

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:51 pm

vtdelt wrote:Meanwhile MBC, you haven't responded to my poll suggestion.
Brainstorming

I only have 10 options so they gotta be good

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Brainstorming

9 more females to pick and 7 more males. :-p

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Walliums wrote:
The majority of applications actually come in jan. Only for TLS is dec 1 late lol
That month period between Thanksgiving and winter breaks is considered on time on here generally. Before that is early, and after is late largely because there's a long break at admissions offices where they don't do any work

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:08 pm

King of the North wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
King of the North wrote:Not to hijack this thread but it seems like you guys are willing to talk about anything with anyone lol, so I'm going to take advantage of that and ask a question or two.

Is applying in Dec. fine? Because I've been studying for a month and Dec. is when I plan on taking the test. That's not going to be "late" or a hindrance on my chance to get into schools/scholarships will it? Assuming, obviously, that my numbers and application check out fine.
Dec scores come out in January. I would consider that late, seeing as how you would completely miss out on the opportunity to apply for something like Northwestern's ED program which gives a 150k scholly. It won't kill a good app by any means, just not the most ideal timing
That's really frustrating. Why the hell is the test in December then if people have to wait until January to apply? In any event, my hope is that I can just submit or at least prepare all my application material and either have them waiting on my LSAT score or just be ready to submit my application the day they release scores. This really makes me mad. I think I would consider myself a splitter considering my GPA is a 3.5 and I'm shooting for at least a 168 so I have a chance at getting in and getting some money from Vanderbilt. If I can do that, I'm set.
Yep, Ill be doing the exact same thing. Taking the test in early December, and spending the rest of the month filling out applications so the day my score comes in I can hit send.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:11 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
vtdelt wrote:
Walliums wrote:
That month period between Thanksgiving and winter breaks is considered on time on here generally. Before that is early, and after is late largely because there's a long break at admissions offices where they don't do any work
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I plan on having all my apps in by Oct 1 at the latest so I'm as close to the front for consideration as possible since I'll be a splitter and they have more "spots" for considering me then.

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:17 pm

vtdelt wrote:
Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:
Brainstorming

9 more females to pick and 7 more males. :-p
More like 4 and 2

But that's work

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm back to doing sports again it's nice getting back

What things are people doing that they put off to study?

it should be drinking and shitpoasting......

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:I'm back to doing sports again it's nice getting back

What things are people doing that they put off to study?

it should be drinking and shitpoasting......
Shopping lol. And working out. Still have 15 pounds to lose until my goal.

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:31 pm

it's allgood wrote:
King of the North wrote:Not to hijack this thread but it seems like you guys are willing to talk about anything with anyone lol, so I'm going to take advantage of that and ask a question or two.

Is applying in Dec. fine? Because I've been studying for a month and Dec. is when I plan on taking the test. That's not going to be "late" or a hindrance on my chance to get into schools/scholarships will it? Assuming, obviously, that my numbers and application check out fine.
Why not take in September? There is still over two months for prep. What was your baseline PT score? How are you studying? And how often?
My PT was a 153. I've only studied for a month, month and a half, but the last few weeks have been a little rough. I've been fasting in observance of Ramadan, which makes it hard to focus and also limits the time I can study for numerous reasons. On average I study 3 hours a day, and more on the weekends. I haven't studied in 3 or 4 days because of workplace events. But Ramadan ends this Saturday and I can go back to studying full-time. However, I'm going on vacation from June 30 - July 4, and from July 15 - 22, so that's even more time I'm missing out on. I began with LR in the Trainer and have just started working on Manhattan LG.

All that is to say, I don't see how that gives me enough time to prepare for September. I mean, can I not send in my application BEFORE I take the test and then have them just waiting for my score? What's the difference between me doing that and another person telling the school to wait on their updated score after retaking in December?

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm

John snow you can send in an app before your score.

You might be ok, I think, as long as you're taking this time to get a really baseline for fundamentals. The vacations might actually be helpful in preventing yourself from going too hard.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:44 pm

vtdelt wrote: I plan on having all my apps in by Oct 1 at the latest so I'm as close to the front for consideration as possible since I'll be a splitter and they have more "spots" for considering me then.
Me too, unless I have to retake September

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

King of the North

Bronze

Post by King of the North » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Mint-Berry_Crunch wrote:John snow you can send in an app before your score.

You might be ok, I think, as long as you're taking this time to get a really baseline for fundamentals. The vacations might actually be helpful in preventing yourself from going too hard.

That's where I am at the moment. I'm learning to master the basics. What I started doing Monday is taking an LR section, reviewing it, then getting into LG learning. I also have the Cambridge drill sets and plan on working through those.

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Last edited by Walliums on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Walliums wrote:Does anyone else feel a little depressed? It's not quite the word that I want to use but since taking the test I have had no motivation really to do anything and work is a drag (very slow right now). For the last few months I had been breathing the LSAT, confidence a bit rattled at the administration, and now I'm just... I don't know? In a fog I guess?

Might be some others dealing with it or might be just me. FWIW my spouse has been away for the last month-ish and comes back tomorrow ( :!: ) , so that is possibly a major contributor.
You just perfectly described my mood, though in my case it's limited to work and standardized tests. Too lazy to open LSAT or GRE books, let alone do PTs. So I read more to make up for the time lost.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm comforted by seeing all my fellow splitters in this group. I was worried all you TLS overachievers had 4.0s from Williams and Berkeley. Thanks to my younger and wilder days, I'm comfortably below median at most T1 schools, despite having a 4.0 for my last two years of coursework. Praying I get an email with a score >75% somewhere between June 30-July 3.

Also I'm onboard for the sex slave poll. That is not something I ever expected to say on this forum.
Last edited by HenryHankPalmer on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mint-Berry_Crunch

Platinum

Post by Mint-Berry_Crunch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:23 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:I'm comforted by seeing all my fellow splitters in this group. I was worried all you TLS overachievers had 4.0s from Williams and Berkeley. Thanks to my younger and wilder days, I'm comfortably below median at most T1 schools, despite having a 4.0 for my last two years of coursework. Praying I get an email with a score <75% somewhere between June 30-July 3.

Also I'm onboard for the sex slave poll. That is not something I ever expected to say on this forum.
Who do u suggest

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Make sure your alligator is eating the bigger number, HenryHankPalmer.

Re poll: It's obvious, but don't forget Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt. Find some good men over 45 too. Wait, do we only get to pick one?
Aubrey Plaza and Ellen Page are great choices. And Tegan AND Sara of Tegan and Sara.

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Walliums wrote:
vtdelt wrote: I plan on having all my apps in by Oct 1 at the latest so I'm as close to the front for consideration as possible since I'll be a splitter and they have more "spots" for considering me then.
Me too, unless I have to retake September
I may be wrong on this but I don't think they actually start going through apps until late January so you could in theory apply with your June score so you have your consideration spot near the front and just your score gets updated after the next test if you do retake. I'm confirming tomorrow when I have my call with Spivey and friends.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:48 pm

vtdelt wrote: I may be wrong on this but I don't think they actually start going through apps until late January so you could in theory apply with your June score so you have your consideration spot near the front and just your score gets updated after the next test if you do retake. I'm confirming tomorrow when I have my call with Spivey and friends.
Schools definitely go through apps pretty early on. I know Duke can return a decision 10 days after file completion through priority track, and other schools notify as early as October.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”