What to eat/drink during the break? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Larrymitchell808

New

What to eat/drink during the break?

Post by Larrymitchell808 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I usually get mentally exhausted towards the end.of a 5 section test as I'm sure some of you do as well. I know coffee can help that, but I don't want to have to pee during the last section, has anyone had 5 hour energy drinks is that a good substitution? Does it even work?

Mikey

Platinum

Re: What to eat/drink during the break?

Post by Mikey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:01 pm

I've heard of people having caffeine supplements to avoid using the restroom from coffee. If that's something that could work for you, try it.

I've had a 5 hour energy before, and not only did it taste like ass, but it didn't do anything for me.

Regarding snacks and a drink.. I recommend water, don't take soda or juice, you'll just get more thirsty. Snacks, just bring something you enjoy. I think I took a granola bar and pretzels with me for my 2 takes. But if you're into a 5 course meal and it fits in your plastic bag, be my guest :lol: :mrgreen:

Larrymitchell808

New

Post by Larrymitchell808 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Mikey wrote:I've heard of people having caffeine supplements to avoid using the restroom from coffee. If that's something that could work for you, try it.

I've had a 5 hour energy before, and not only did it taste like ass, but it didn't do anything for me.

Regarding snacks and a drink.. I recommend water, don't take soda or juice, you'll just get more thirsty. Snacks, just bring something you enjoy. I think I took a granola bar and pretzels with me for my 2 takes. But if you're into a 5 course meal and it fits in your plastic bag, be my guest :lol: :mrgreen:
Haha, can my sandwich be in tinfoil or do I have to let it be seen and put it in another smaller plastic bag?

Experiment626

Silver

Post by Experiment626 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Larrymitchell808 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I've heard of people having caffeine supplements to avoid using the restroom from coffee. If that's something that could work for you, try it.

Haha, can my sandwich be in tinfoil or do I have to let it be seen and put it in another smaller plastic bag?
I would do the plastic bag/wrap. Had a friend who had an lsat proctor who was a jerk and made her take a croissant out of the wax paper, toss the paper, and put the crossiant in the large bag with all her other stuff before she was let in the room. Meanwhile prepackaged food with nutritional labels was ok. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:09 pm

On the caffeine front (as I have the bladder of a diabetic toddler), I'm bringing Clif Shot Bloks. Just water to drink.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Larrymitchell808

New

Post by Larrymitchell808 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:12 pm

I've just purchased caffeine pills equivalent to a cup of coffee. Caffeine without the bathroom. Hope it helps

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 am

I took macadamia nuts and really dark chocolate (which has a bit of caffeine)!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:58 am

So I needed a caffeine jolt too but didn't want the waterworks afterwards so this is what I did:

-Cold-brewed (in the fridge) a tea packet in like 3 oz of water. I put that in a water bottle and put it in my baggie and drank it during the break. Like an espresso shot, only it didn't taste like dirt.

-I also had a protein-heavy snack, which was a mix of planters nuts and some beef jerky.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:42 pm

A few gummy bears and some scotch

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DKM

New

Post by DKM » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:59 pm

I just took the test in June. I had a Clif Bar and I filled up one of those really small (8oz) bottles of water with half a scoop of my pre-workout. Seemed to work fine. Gave me a bigger boost than coffee would have and didn't need to pee until long after I got home.

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Order a pizza.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”