Timing for September? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jci007

New

Timing for September?

Post by jci007 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:10 am

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on if I will have enough study time for the September test. First off, a little background on my situation. I scored a 158 on my diagnostic and am hoping to crack into the 170 range for a T14 school. I have a near 4.0 GPA from a SUNY school in my area.

I have been doing the 7Sage curriculum and am almost completed with that. For the next month or so, I am planning on going through the fool proofing LG method for PT's 1-35 as recommended by 7Sage (this was my weakest section on my diagnostic). I am also planning on reading through the LSAT Trainer during that same period of time. With this being the plan, I will have about 2 months and some change to PT before the September test.

Is this enough time? I am aiming for the next admissions cycle and would prefer to not place all of my eggs into one basket with the December test. But if you all have differing opinions, please tell me!

Thank you!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Re: Timing for September?

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:16 am

jci007 wrote:Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on if I will have enough study time for the September test. First off, a little background on my situation. I scored a 158 on my diagnostic and am hoping to crack into the 170 range for a T14 school. I have a near 4.0 GPA from a SUNY school in my area.

I have been doing the 7Sage curriculum and am almost completed with that. For the next month or so, I am planning on going through the fool proofing LG method for PT's 1-35 as recommended by 7Sage (this was my weakest section on my diagnostic). I am also planning on reading through the LSAT Trainer during that same period of time. With this being the plan, I will have about 2 months and some change to PT before the September test.

Is this enough time? I am aiming for the next admissions cycle and would prefer to not place all of my eggs into one basket with the December test. But if you all have differing opinions, please tell me!

Thank you!
With that diagnostic this is completely doable, as long as you stick with it and put in the necessary hours. Using 7sage and the Trainer is exactly what I would recommend, so you're on the right track there. Just make sure you do all of the recent PTs (70-80 especially) before the test, there were some minor yet noticeable changes during this time to all 3 sections, namely that LG has more weird games, LR is more subtle and RC is just downright harder.

ptittle

New

Post by ptittle » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 am

I agree with the previous reply. Most of the people I tutor are ready in three months, and given the prep you've described, you're definitely on track. Best wishes!

jci007

New

Post by jci007 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:46 am

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the advice. I'm hoping that the LSAT Trainer will help me out with some of the intricacies of LR.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:09 pm

jci007 wrote:Thank you everyone! I appreciate the advice. I'm hoping that the LSAT Trainer will help me out with some of the intricacies of LR.
It did for me! Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”