Final strategy for the last two weeks Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
anonposter6775

New

Final strategy for the last two weeks

Post by anonposter6775 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:49 pm

I have five recent PT's left:

PT: 64, 76, 78, 79, 80

This week I plan on taking one tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday.

Next week I will take 79 on Monday and 80 on Friday.

After each test, I will BR to identify problem areas for drilling.

I am currently testing in the mid-150s

Average per section:
-15 RC
-7/-10ish LR
-2 LG

Ultimate goal is to improve in the last two weeks.

I will use RC as my experimental in each section since it is my worst section. I have tried may different methods, but nothing seems to change my score. You'd think I could get it up, but I've had no such luck. Will keep trying!

What do you guys think about doing 3 this week and two next week? I'll be reviewing and drilling problem areas on my off days. I figured it will be better to review what is throwing me off during the last week rather than get burnt out on testing.

OR

I do two this week and three next.

Thanks for the help!

Platopus

Gold

Re: Final strategy for the last two weeks

Post by Platopus » Sun May 28, 2017 8:00 pm

What is your target score, and what is your goal school? What are your career aspiration? If you are scoring in the mid-150's now, I see it as unlikely that you'll really be able to improve beyond a couple points in the next couple weeks. Do you feel ready for the test?

anonposter6775

New

Post by anonposter6775 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Platopus wrote:What is your target score, and what is your goal school? What are your career aspiration? If you are scoring in the mid-150's now, I see it as unlikely that you'll really be able to improve beyond a couple points in the next couple weeks. Do you feel ready for the test?
It would be nice if I could score a 158. I'd like to attend Mizzou Law & see what happens from there.

Do I feel ready for the test? I've taken the test twice before, and feel more ready this time.

If I don't get accepted to Mizzou, I'll start looking for a job and try again next year.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun May 28, 2017 9:28 pm

anonposter6775 wrote:
Platopus wrote:What is your target score, and what is your goal school? What are your career aspiration? If you are scoring in the mid-150's now, I see it as unlikely that you'll really be able to improve beyond a couple points in the next couple weeks. Do you feel ready for the test?
It would be nice if I could score a 158. I'd like to attend Mizzou Law & see what happens from there.

Do I feel ready for the test? I've taken the test twice before, and feel more ready this time.

If I don't get accepted to Mizzou, I'll start looking for a job and try again next year.
Alright fair enough, others will probably critique your law school plan, but I'm willing to bracket it for the sake of answering your question.

I would aim for 3 this week and 2 next week. For review, don't just "blind review" go through the entire test again, untimed and see where and why you are making errors. If you only focus on questions you missed or thought were hard, you won't be able to identify other factors that could potentially hurt your score. This is especially true for RC. Instead of focusing on just your missed answers, reread the entire passage and redo all the questions. Remember for RC answers need to cohere, so if you go the Main Point question right, but missed an inference question, you know it was a question specific mistake instead of a conceptual issue with the entire passage. For you, if you are missing 15 questions a section, I would suggest totally neglecting one passage. Maybe the first 10 seconds of the RC section skim through and find the passage with the least # of questions and totally neglect it. If you save that extra time for the other sections you may be able to cut down your misses. The key with this strategy though, is slowing down and actually getting all the questions right on the other sections.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”