To postpone or not to postpone? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kyt778

New

To postpone or not to postpone?

Post by kyt778 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi everyone,

New to this board but was was wondering if anyone had any advice as to whether or not I should postpone my June LSAT test.

To give a little background, I've taken the LSAT once in February but ended up cancelling because I felt like I choked the last time around. I am interested in the T13 but have a 3.53 GPA so getting a high score (172/173+) is pretty important. I've been scoring in the 170-173 range over the past few practice tests. However, I struggle a little more with the recent tests. I scored a 173, 170, and 171 for PTs 71, 72, and 74, respectively, but completely screwed up PT 73 (got a 167 - possibly due to the fact that I had gotten four hours of sleep the night before but i'm not sure) which has me super worried. Since I'm scoring slightly below my target, and I've heard that quite a few peoples' scores drop on test day, do you guys think it'd be wise to delay until September?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys might have!

jdanz

Bronze

Re: To postpone or not to postpone?

Post by jdanz » Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm

I'd say take it since you're PT'ng near your target range, especially since there are no more limit in retakes come sept

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue May 23, 2017 10:20 pm

You really have nothing to lose by taking in June. You are really close to your test day goal, and I'm assuming you'll at least be able to dedicate 8+ hrs of sleep the night before, so you should be pretty close to your average.

kyt778

New

Post by kyt778 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:04 am

Platopus wrote:You really have nothing to lose by taking in June. You are really close to your test day goal, and I'm assuming you'll at least be able to dedicate 8+ hrs of sleep the night before, so you should be pretty close to your average.

Thanks so much for your advice! Chances are I am going to take it. The only thing that I was worried about is that I heard that some schools (i.e. NYU, Columbia, etc.) take the average of scores. In the case I have to take the September test (assuming I score something below my target), would the retake/cancellation (from Feb) count heavily against me?

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 am

kyt778 wrote:
Platopus wrote:You really have nothing to lose by taking in June. You are really close to your test day goal, and I'm assuming you'll at least be able to dedicate 8+ hrs of sleep the night before, so you should be pretty close to your average.

Thanks so much for your advice! Chances are I am going to take it. The only thing that I was worried about is that I heard that some schools (i.e. NYU, Columbia, etc.) take the average of scores. In the case I have to take the September test (assuming I score something below my target), would the retake/cancellation (from Feb) count heavily against me?
Nope, no averages.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am

Take it. Get a good night's sleep, eat a solid breakfast, do some warmups and go crush it. If you're happy with your score, you're done! By not taking it you're committing to 3 more months of studying (ugh) that you might not need.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”