Retake after 170, appreciate advice! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Barrett45

New

Retake after 170, appreciate advice!

Post by Barrett45 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 am

So, long story short:
- took September LSAT last year
- Made 170, disappointed, but I'm okay with the attenuating circumstances (job hunt pressure)
- breakdown was pretty even, with a little more on RC (screwed up one passage that I so did not understand)
- Shooting for HY or high scholarship at Col, Chi, UVA, or Penn. Else, I'll be skeptical of going to law school at all.
- Evidently, motivation is a big part of the equation this time.
- Last time I just got bored of studying after PT in mid-170s after one month of studying.
- Taking the summer off after graduation, then planning to study for 3.5 months before December 2017 LSAT

NOW:
- Shooting for 175+ this time.
- My big question regards the study methods I should use now. I used all of the PowerScore bibles, and took 14 practice tests.
- Obviously, I will take more practice tests and try to review them carefully.
- But I'm unsure whether anything else might be helpful. I've heard of blind review, private tutoring, but I just don't know.
- Would really appreciate anyone's advice if there is something I'm not covering which I should be doing.
- Thanks!

VeiledProtectorate

New

Re: Retake after 170, appreciate advice!

Post by VeiledProtectorate » Tue May 23, 2017 2:40 am

Barrett45 wrote:So, long story short:
- Made 170, disappointed, but I'm okay with the attenuating circumstances (job hunt pressure)
- breakdown was pretty even, with a little more on RC (screwed up one passage that I so did not understand)
- Shooting for HY or high scholarship at Col, Chi, UVA, or Penn. Else, I'll be skeptical of going to law school at all.
- Last time I just got bored of studying after PT in mid-170s after one month of studying.
- Taking the summer off after graduation, then planning to study for 3.5 months before December 2017 LSAT

NOW:
- My big question regards the study methods I should use now. I used all of the PowerScore bibles, and took 14 practice tests.
- But I'm unsure whether anything else might be helpful. I've heard of blind review, private tutoring, but I just don't know.
- Would really appreciate anyone's advice if there is something I'm not covering which I should be doing.
- Thanks!
Blind review is, imo, the most important part of successful LSAT prep. I'm surprised you cracked 170 without it. You should use the 7sage method, and the 7sage course generally. I don't think private tutoring will be helpful for you. If I were you, I would make my first priority the perfection of LG. This is where I think 7sage will extremely helpful for you. Their videos spoke to me in a way the PS LG book never did. LR and RC I would try the Manhattan books if you haven't already. I felt that PS RC was pretty bad.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 am

NOW:
- Thanks!
drilling + more practice tests and you'll get yourself there. stay focused.

YellowWolf

New

Post by YellowWolf » Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 am

NOW:
- Thanks!
If you scored that high with Bibles and only 14PT you are probably a natural. A few months of grinding methodology would for sure improve your score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”