Where'd you get your practice tests? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cityb101

New

Where'd you get your practice tests?

Post by cityb101 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I recently started studying for the September LSAT, and while I won't be taking practice tests for at least a month (focusing on LG and LR at the moment), I'd like to know how you all purchased yours.

Is buying the "10 Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests" series on Amazon the best way to go about it? Is that what everybody does?

Facelessgod

New

Re: Where'd you get your practice tests?

Post by Facelessgod » Sun May 21, 2017 2:00 pm

That's what I did. I also invested in a printer with scanner, and what I did was scan all of the PTs. That way you can print as many copies as you'd like for redos. If you write directly in the book without having backed it up, your only options are to buy another copy of the PT or erase all your work which is a pain in the ass.

Impressionist

Bronze

Post by Impressionist » Mon May 22, 2017 8:27 am

I agree with scanning them. PTing out of the books is clumsy. Plus if you ever want to redo a test or use some questions for an experimental then you either have to erase a bunch or retype the questions.

darthlawyer

Bronze

Post by darthlawyer » Mon May 29, 2017 2:45 pm

mod edit: do not post links or information about how to illegally download proprietary LSAT material

HonestAdvice

Bronze

Post by HonestAdvice » Mon May 29, 2017 3:56 pm

The book of tens are cheap enough that it's easier just to have them.

I won't encourage anyone to break the law, but anyone who has negotiated a contract with LSAC knows that LSAC makes its money from licensing, not selling individual tests. If they relied on the latter, the costs of taking and downloading the tests would be several times higher.

A student illegally downloading tests is theft, but the test's l/t value is linked to its consistency across the socioeconomic spectrum so if you're cash strapped, LSAC is better off if you download the tests illegally (assuming you would not otherwise download them). The less useful the test is at predicting bar passage and first year grades, the less LSAC is worth. If they lost the testing, they'd lose the application fees and would go under.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

conker

Bronze

Post by conker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 pm

mod edit: do not use TLS to circulate copyrighted LSAT materials

jamiesam26

New

Post by jamiesam26 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:51 am

So I get mine from Scribd and they were legit. I pay the membership fee of $8 an month and that is all I have had to pay. Search for the tests as a document and not as a book.

conker

Bronze

Post by conker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 pm

conker wrote:mod edit: do not use TLS to circulate copyrighted LSAT materials
Can you explain what the word "circulate" means? I see people selling Bar and LSAT prep stuff all over the buy/sell/exchange section. Please clear things up for me.

Also, can you explain why you wrote to me that (c) TLS does not allow the selling of commercial LSAT or Bar prep material, and why this stuff is all over the section? I feel like I am being made an example of, but why not threaten everyone equally?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:36 pm

I bought them all when they were still legal PDF. Now I have 7Sage which also gives you all of them with printable access.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsataddict242

New

Post by lsataddict242 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Does anyone know where we can access/buy the Rare PTs for an affordable price?

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 pm

lsataddict242 wrote:Does anyone know where we can access/buy the Rare PTs for an affordable price?
Do you mean the A B C C2 tests? You can buy individual PTs on 7Sage.

lsataddict242

New

Post by lsataddict242 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Walliums wrote:
lsataddict242 wrote:Does anyone know where we can access/buy the Rare PTs for an affordable price?
Do you mean the A B C C2 tests? You can buy individual PTs on 7Sage.
1-6,8 and some of the other ones missing from the LSAC books that come in sets of 10. I am not sure if they are called A BC...

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm

This contains 8-10 (don't remember exactly) full five-section PTs between 40-55 with experimentals from PTs 4-10.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing ... w&qid=&sr=

Basically $1 a PT--not bad, cost-wise.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

darthlawyer

Bronze

Post by darthlawyer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:45 pm

darthlawyer wrote:mod edit: do not post links or information about how to illegally download proprietary LSAT material

Nope, don't do this either &b....

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 pm

conker wrote:
conker wrote:mod edit: do not use TLS to circulate copyrighted LSAT materials
Can you explain what the word "circulate" means? I see people selling Bar and LSAT prep stuff all over the buy/sell/exchange section. Please clear things up for me.

Also, can you explain why you wrote to me that (c) TLS does not allow the selling of commercial LSAT or Bar prep material, and why this stuff is all over the section? I feel like I am being made an example of, but why not threaten everyone equally?
The rules aren't always worded very clearly. You can sell stuff that you can buy publicly and resell used, like an LSAT prep book you bought off Amazon. You can't just scan the book and give its contents away while keeping the book, though. You can't sell or give away proprietary stuff that you can only get by signing up for a course, like an LSAT prep course or Barbri. You can't illegally download tests and then use TLS to distribute those to other people (whether for money or for free).

As for anything that falls into those categories that shows up here - we don't see everything that gets posted. A lot of the time we respond to reports by users so it depends on who sees what. (And I know lots of people sell these things elsewhere on the internet, but you can't here.)

Edited: oops, answering an old question. That's because I checked out this thread because there was a report on darthlawyer's last post. Otherwise, obviously, I wouldn't have seen your question, because I didn't.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”