Advice for starting the right way Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Liberal Theory

New

Advice for starting the right way

Post by Liberal Theory » Thu May 18, 2017 4:52 pm

So as of Tuesday this week I officially began self-studying for the LSAT. I got a cold-diagnostic of 147 so I know I have a lot of work ahead of me to break 170 and higher. I would prefer to take the test this September, but I have another year until I graduate anyways in case I bomb my first attempt so I am willing to defer until December or later if I am not where I want to be with my PT's.

I have read this forum for a while and read all of guides on how to begin prepping and what materials are required. Given the trend of the best LSAT taker's advice, I have all 3 Bibles, the Superprep, and four of the "10" actual series and the Powerscore LG question type trainer. I am putting in 4-5 hours a day 5 days a week. I would ask for any suggestions if my plan could pose problems in my journey down the road.

I am starting with the LSAT Superprep book and have been taking notes and doing some practice questions as I go along with the materials it covers. I also just worked through and read the "Lesson in Conditional Reasoning" here on TLS and did all the worksheets and wrote down the strats. I am currently working my way through the Logical reasoning portion of Superprep and will hit the RC later this week.

The current plan is to then do the LG and LR Bibles simultaneously, a few chapters a day with a few practice questions each until I complete both Bibles. Then I want to start on the RC Bible while hitting the simulated LSAT tests hard (like 2x a week) and reviewing what I miss on those. Then just drill and PT and increase intensity until I am hitting the 170 range finally.

There aren't any potential potholes in my study plan right? This could get me to 170 if I put in the effort and time right?

All feedback is appreciated.

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Re: Advice for starting the right way

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 pm

It sounds like you're on a good path. Only thing I would add is to utilize the 7sage videos when you're doing LG, they help so much. If you stick with your plan 170 should be a breeze.

Liberal Theory

New

Post by Liberal Theory » Thu May 18, 2017 5:27 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:It sounds like you're on a good path. Only thing I would add is to utilize the 7sage videos when you're doing LG, they help so much. If you stick with your plan 170 should be a breeze.
When would be thw best time to watch those? When I hit the LG Bibles?

MediocreAtBest

Silver

Post by MediocreAtBest » Thu May 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Liberal Theory wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:It sounds like you're on a good path. Only thing I would add is to utilize the 7sage videos when you're doing LG, they help so much. If you stick with your plan 170 should be a breeze.
As you do games. I watch the video for just about every game I do, they explain everything thoroughly so you learn things you missed and can see what to look out for on future games and how to make proper inferences. 7sage also has study packages you can buy, but I'm not familiar with those, I just watch the free videos.

hushpuppy

New

Post by hushpuppy » Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 pm

MediocreAtBest wrote:
Liberal Theory wrote:
As you do games. I watch the video for just about every game I do, they explain everything thoroughly so you learn things you missed and can see what to look out for on future games and how to make proper inferences. 7sage also has study packages you can buy, but I'm not familiar with those, I just watch the free videos.
Do these LG videos cover a ton of LGs found in the most recent PTs? Or are they discussing older games? Or are they videos about overall theory, etc?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Fri May 19, 2017 10:55 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Liberal Theory wrote:
Do these LG videos cover a ton of LGs found in the most recent PTs? Or are they discussing older games? Or are they videos about overall theory, etc?
Every game, ever. In full detail, and fully diagrammed. It helps to have the game in front of you so you can actually get a sense of what the rule/AC actually says, since he doesn't put up the actual language on the screen.

hushpuppy

New

Post by hushpuppy » Sat May 20, 2017 12:07 am

Platopus wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Liberal Theory wrote:
Every game, ever. In full detail, and fully diagrammed. It helps to have the game in front of you so you can actually get a sense of what the rule/AC actually says, since he doesn't put up the actual language on the screen.
Wow, awesome. And all of them are free? Can't wait to check them out.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 2:52 pm

You should try to solve any and every game I timed before watching on 7Sage, IMO. If you watch the videos after you PT, solve the games thoroughly. Keep and eye out for logically equivalent answers. The free videos point post of them out.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat May 20, 2017 4:27 pm

hushpuppy wrote:
Platopus wrote:
hushpuppy wrote:
MediocreAtBest wrote:
Liberal Theory wrote:
Wow, awesome. And all of them are free? Can't wait to check them out.
https://www.youtube.com/user/7sagelsat/videos

Have fun!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”