Bouncing Scores Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bartlet4President

New

Bouncing Scores

Post by Bartlet4President » Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Just wondering what other preppers out there eperience with highly fluctuating scores.
I've recently scored a few 172's, 170's, 168-9, and earlier this week I scored a 173...
And then I made the mistake of taking two preptests in two days?
That test was a 164.
I also scored something like a 162 a few weeks ago.

I noticed two major differences with these lower scoring tests: A) There was a low curve (or whatever term you want to use) meaning less than 10 mistakes for 170, B) I felt simply less focused or alert than normal, C) They were not tests after June 2007 (in fact one ofthem was Jue 2007).

Does anybody else notice themselves experiencing similar situations as this?
Are other people noticing that they are less effective with older tests (before 52)? I notice the LR is especially frustrating with these tests.

I would love any advice of overcoming this in addition to shared experiences, similar or dissimilar.

Taking June LSAT, probably the fall test as well unless I score significantly higher than I have been.

good luck and happy studying.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Re: Bouncing Scores

Post by carsondalywashere » Wed May 17, 2017 11:42 pm

That's a pretty normal score range; +3 or -3 of your average score is the expected range. You have nothing to worry about. Just keep hitting the books, take a break at some point before the June test, then nail it

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 pm

If you're doing better on the more recent tests, then more power to ya. I wouldn't worry too much, my range so far has been 167-179, with an average of like 173ish. Some days I am hyper focused, well rested and ready to go, other days the test is written in Japanese. 1-2 outliers every 7-8 tests is normal. Fluctuating between a 174 and 162 every other test is a bigger concern though. If you have a bunch of tests in the 168-172 range and a few on either end, it wouldn't sweat it.

Bartlet4President

New

Post by Bartlet4President » Thu May 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Awesome guys. Yeah I felt like it was a good thing that I do better on more recent tests. I was just a little frustrated with the lower score on June 2007 since it is always talked about as an easy test. I think that I will just be picking back up the Trainer and doing some of the excercises, hitting the core concepts over again and get that back up.

Anybody know of any website that is good for discussing specific questions that doesn't already have pretty much every question covered? I believe that explaining the reasoning behind different answers to another person would be beneficial, but I don't know anybody else studying for LSAT and I don't really have anybody that is interested in hearing me break down LR questions and reasoning. I use Manhattan's LR forum when I need to really get a second opinion, but nearly every question is already pretty well covered and it seems redundant to ever post anything on that website at this time.
Last edited by Bartlet4President on Sat May 20, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Sat May 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Check out the Manhattan LR forums. It's the best thing on the Internet

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm

you can use 180pedia.com if you want.

explanation functionality has been scrapped for now, but it links to all explanations from Manhattan prep, powerscore, 7Sage, lsathacks and velocity prep in a more easily and readily navigatable format. Granted, Manhattan prep has explanations for an overwhelming majority of questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”