Pseudo-Sufficient Assumption Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Pseudo-Sufficient Assumption

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue May 16, 2017 10:32 am

Hey so on 7Sage, they break their LSAT analytics down by question type (as do most companies). They have a question type called 'Pseudo-Sufficient Assumption' or PSA. I find that out of LR, those are the only ones that I have a noticeable difficulty with (like 75% accuracy, everything else is 90+%).

I have all of the old cambridge drill sets of LR question by type, and I'm trying to figure out which type they would be. Should I just be drilling Sufficient Assumption, or something else?

I haven't dug too far into the 7Sage site to see if they give a reference for what that type would be according to anyone else, but I kinda doubt they would simply because that would advertise other companies.

Anyone know what type of Qs these would qualify as?

saf18hornet

Bronze

Re: Pseudo-Sufficient Assumption

Post by saf18hornet » Tue May 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:Hey so on 7Sage, they break their LSAT analytics down by question type (as do most companies). They have a question type called 'Pseudo-Sufficient Assumption' or PSA. I find that out of LR, those are the only ones that I have a noticeable difficulty with (like 75% accuracy, everything else is 90+%).

I have all of the old cambridge drill sets of LR question by type, and I'm trying to figure out which type they would be. Should I just be drilling Sufficient Assumption, or something else?

I haven't dug too far into the 7Sage site to see if they give a reference for what that type would be according to anyone else, but I kinda doubt they would simply because that would advertise other companies.

Anyone know what type of Qs these would qualify as?
https://7sage.com/question-bank/?sectio ... t_type=all
Try this ^^ The LSAT trainer covers them in the same chapter as SA, and he calls them Supporting Principle questions. Treat it like an SA question

Platopus

Gold

Re: Pseudo-Sufficient Assumption

Post by Platopus » Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 pm

If I am not mistaken, and I might be, on modern tests these appear typically as:

Principle: X
Application: Y

AC that justifies the application based on the principle.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”